Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate crime investigation after Caitlyn Jenner 'suffers vile transphobic abuse'

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

That says why the humour exists. It doesn't explain why you personally find it funny which is what I am trying to explore.

So in other words you find deliberately mocking and laughing at vulnerable funny? So like if I shove a wheel chair crip down the stairs and post a video here y'all will be breaking yer ****s laughing?

Give it over your making a fool of yourself here...
    Someone said "king" in an unrelated way and a poster replied "dont you mean queen"...hardly offensive at all and only to special little snowflakes who are looking for ways to get upset about the smallest little things....chill out "chick"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,378 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So like if I shove a wheel chair crip down the stairs and post a video here y'all will be breaking yer ****s laughing?

A disabled person I hope you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

It pisses off people like you, members of our self appointed morality police. No doubt you dislike religion but you not much better, denouncing others for their heresy.

Assumptions much? Seems awfully presumptive of you.

And I have done. Repeatedly and in each instance you have failed to reply a response.

Do you not know yourself? Or is it that you are afraid to say? Come on chick... I'm dying to know.
    No and I haven't suggested it. So maybe take a chill pill babe and give up the auld whiney righty victim complex. #snowflakesareus

Has to a troll giving out about innocent jokes and resorting to petty put downs when the argument is lost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 General Butt Naked

That says why the humour exists. It doesn't explain why you personally find it funny which is what I am trying to explore.

I find it funny cos it annoys you.

So in other words you find deliberately mocking and laughing at vulnerable funny? So like if I shove a wheel chair crip down the stairs and post a video here y'all will be breaking yer ****s laughing?

Maybe. As for the A Wyatt stuff, my understanding is the artist is a Jew and his stuff was a push back against the pc police of the 90s.

You secular Mary Whitehouses just don't get it, tell people what they can and can't say and do, and they will go out of their way to offend you.

And let's be honest, you like it. You love the buzz of being outraged, of feeling you have the moral high ground. You're probably addicted to it.

• Advertisement

No and I haven't suggested it. So maybe take a chill pill babe and give up the auld whiney righty victim complex. #snowflakesareus

You keep assuming posters are of the female gender and then using patronising derogatory terms towards these assumed female posters. This could cause them undue stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Then why is this guy being investigated for hate crime?

It pisses off people like you, members of our self appointed morality police. No doubt you dislike religion but you not much better, denouncing others for their heresy.

As I said I do not believe the law applies to a comment such as "Bruce get you Dick out" also where have I said it should apply.

My own view is the law does not apply as people think it does nor should it. Also I for one do not like the legal concept of hate crime. As I personally believe for example if a person is assaulted for say being Irish why is that crime of assault more important than say a person who is assaulted just because they followed say Manchester United. Where have I said otherwise.

pjohnson wrote: »
    A disabled person I hope you mean.

No I mean a wheelchair crip, or a grasping blind bastard, or some N***ER with an attitude. Y'all got a problem with that?

Or a pedo priest. Or Katholic Kiddie Fidler. etc. etc.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You keep assuming posters are of the female gender and then using patronising derogatory terms towards these assumed female posters. This could cause them undue stress.

Are they female Babe? Are you?

No I mean a wheelchair crip, or a grasping blind bastard, or some N***ER with an attitude. Y'all got a problem with that?

Meltdown alert!
    Argument lost!

• Advertisement

Well you're agenda has completly fallen of the wagon now. Some could call this humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I've said it before and I'll say it again, After Hours is where the saddest, most worn-out and shabby old jokes go to die, a place where Jim Davidson is considered just a bit too cutting edge to be reeally funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 General Butt Naked

Feels good to use the forbidden words, doesn't it. Might I tempt you to the dark side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Say something mean to a transgender and you run the risk of being hauled in by the secret police for hate crime!

Guess we know who the real privileged are.

To be fair a tory councilor was investigated for some minor anti irish tweet during the eurovision. The police in the UK are becoming thought police.

B0jangles wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, After Hours is where the saddest, most worn-out and shabby old jokes go to die, a place where Jim Davidson is considered just a bit too cutting edge to be reeally funny.

Thats all it was a shabby old joke that got a small giggle...I really dont understand the big hooha its generated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

Have you bumped your head!? Give it a rest or don't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

To be fair a tory councilor was investigated for some minor anti irish tweet during the eurovision. The police in the UK are becoming thought police.

Well the Tory party suspended him for 6 months!

While I don't think his joke was very funny, he has a right to get annoyed during Eurovision. I think any self respecting Tory should be banned from the party after admitting watching that snooze fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Actually, this isn't true. Under UK law, it is the victim who can decide if they feel it is a hate crime or not. Even more frightening, is that evidence is not necessary! You can see why lefties were falling over themselves to get this law passed, it's a free ticket to eternal victimhood. Any dissent and you can have someone jailed on a 'perceived' hate crime.:

Under their official guidance, hate crime is now deemed to be ‘any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice.’

Proof of such intent is not necessarily required, the guidance adds: ‘Evidence of … hostility is not required … [The] perception of the victim, or any other person, is the defining factor.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/northeast/victims_and_witnesses/hate_crime/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3805008/The-great-Brexit-hate-crime-myth-claims-epidemic-race-crimes-referendum-simply-false.html

Emm no, a judge or jury would still have to convict someone who is suspected of a hate crime. If what you're saying is true then we could all go around convicting people of hate crimes.

Advertisement