Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate crime investigation after Caitlyn Jenner 'suffers vile transphobic abuse'

Options
  • 13-05-2017 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

'Oi, Bruce, get your dick out' That's what was shouted.
    A photographer shouted at Caitlyn Jenner 'Oi Bruce, get your dick out' as she left the British LGBT Awards in London.

Police have launched a hate crime investigation after the incident on Friday night.

Jenner was a guest at the ceremony, where she received a Loud And Proud trophy following her transition from Bruce Jenner in 2015, which she has spoken about publicly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4503056/Man-shouts-Bruce-d-Caitlyn-Jenner.html

Crap joke? Yes.
    Hate crime? Give me a fcuking break.

So here we are, in 2017. Yet all it takes to be investigated of the most heinous crime in the 21st century is a crap joke. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the guy who said it isn't quite in the same league with Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, or the Orlando nightclub shooter.

I will say it again. Ludicrous nonsense like this is why the far right are gaining power.

Mod-Any reference to Caitlin Jenner as 'he' will be frowned upon in the thread. We accept that folk may confuse the pronoun but there are others that use it in a malicious way. So to remove any ambiguity, Caitlin Jenner should be referred to as 'she' from here on.
    Please discuss the topic within the terms of the charter and a reminder to be civil to each other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Could have shouted 'Killer'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ALR1601129

It was a robbery gone wrong. Nothing to see here.
    Lightning strikes have killed far more transgender former olympians than crude comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

where she received a Loud And Proud trophy following her transition from Bruce Jenner in 2015.

Let me say that again. ''Received a trophy''. That's the most offensive thing in all of this. Why does someone get a fcuking trophy!?? Reads like a South Park type of satire. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

If only the British police were as quick to investigate actual crimes like grooming and rape gangs or paedos raping kids at the BBC they might actually​ claw back some ounce of respect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I absolutely don't believe that trans people should suffer any abuse, but there's a certain level that anyone in the public eye would be met with by photographers looking for a pic. I'm sure Kim Kardashian has heard worse.

I saw footage of Chelsea Clinton having a journalist roaring "Bill is not your father, everyone knows it" into her face a few weeks ago and no one batted an eye.

Is this not just par for the course? Are we going to have police allocated to protect celebrities feelings next?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I will say it again. Ludicrous nonsense like this is why the far right are gaining power.
    The police investigating this has attracted you to the far right? :confused:

Seems a bit extreme; the far right are a bit like that 'tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I absolutely don't believe that trans people should suffer any abuse, but there's a certain level that anyone in the public eye would be met with by photographers looking for a pic. I'm sure Kim Kardashian has heard worse.

I saw footage of Chelsea Clinton having a journalist roaring "Bill is not your father, everyone knows it" into her face a few weeks ago and no one batted an eye.

Is this not just par for the course? Are we going to have police allocated to protect celebrities feelings next?

The police have plenty worse crimes to be inveatigating tbf

But when did it become ok for people to shout abuse at people going about day to day life??

Its by tolerating likes of this,leads to people like that gowl at the beach in texas last week feeling empowered to hurl horrendous abuse at ordinary people

But when did it become ok for people to shout abuse at people going about day to day life??

Its by tolerating likes of this,leads to people like that gowl at the beach in texas last week feeling empowered to hurl horrendous abuse at ordinary people

It's not ok, but it's par for the course in the public eye, photographers want a shot of you looking rattled, they roar all sorts of things at people in order to get that reaction picture. That sort of grief is part of the job of being a celebrity. In an ideal world it wouldn't be and I agree it adds to the coarsening of our world. However Kaitlyn doesn't need to be everywhere plugging her book, she's chosen this circus, the tax payer shouldn't have to pay to protect her feelings.
    It's a very different matter if someone is going about their normal life and is harrassed, I'd have zero tolerance for that.

It's not ok. But it's nothing short of thought crimes and a police state to start using police for this kinda thing IMO and I include a Twitter user calling another a ******, paki or cracker, etc

If you go down that line you are genuinely at the arrest people for calling someone a fat **** type of thing IMO

Now, if it's a threat of violence inciting like "I'm gonna kill you you tranny, ******, etc" then your into genuine threats. Ditto if it's a case of someone going out of their way to harass you like pushing leaflets through your door or crossing the street to scream it in your face often

Its comes across as really trying to use the law to enforce ridiculous levels of political correctness from individuals from the top down who send police on these matters IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

While I may have no time for celebrities or Caitlyn Jenner anyway, it's not Caitlyn Jenner is in the wrong here. I'm happy to see police investigating the paps provoking anyone for a photo opportunity.

They may not be Pol Pot or Hitler or whoever, but neither is Caitlyn Jenner.

It's not ok, but it's par for the course in the public eye, photographers want a shot of you looking rattled, they roar all sorts of things at people in order to get that reaction picture. That sort of grief is part of the job of being a celebrity. In an ideal world it wouldn't be and I agree it adds to the coarsening of our world. However Kaitlyn doesn't need to be everywhere plugging her book, she's chosen this circus, the tax payer shouldn't have to pay to protect her feelings.
    It's a very different matter if someone is going about their normal life and is harrassed, I'd have zero tolerance for that.

Chealsea clinton is to the best of my knowlage not a celebrity/someone who activly seeks fame,just happens to be presidents daughter/her mothr ran for president??

Kaitlynn jenner is a whole different ball game(no pun intended) as i was suprised she got off scott free with tht crash the time/actively seeks attemtion....and presumably has bodygaurds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

It's a sacrifice you have to make you thrust yourself into a public spotlight. Celebrities make millions being public figures, so they have to expect scrutiny in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

She?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The Kardashians/Jenners will cling to anything that fuels their sh1t-show.

Someone mentioning Bruce's wang could probably fill half an hour of whatever tripe they're filming.

It's not ok. But it's nothing short of thought crimes and a police state to start using police for this kinda thing IMO and I include a Twitter user calling another a ******, paki or cracker, etc

If you go down that line you are genuinely at the arrest people for calling someone a fat **** type of thing IMO

Now, if it's a threat of violence inciting like "I'm gonna kill you you tranny, ******, etc" then your into genuine threats. Ditto if it's a case of someone going out of their way to harass you like pushing leaflets through your door or crossing the street to scream it in your face often

Its comes across as really trying to use the law to enforce ridiculous levels of political correctness from individuals from the top down who send police on these matters IMO

So your ok with what that lad in texas done??

This incolving jenner was very low on the priorites and youll worse said in any pub tonight arpund the country....and only because shes famous wouldnt be investigated imo

Also doubt there was hate behind it.....but if you out tomorrpw and hurl abuse at your bus driver going to work to get him startles for a selfie......is it ok??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It's just like when the photographers shout "come on Kate get your tits out" at Katie Price. Celebs know this behaviour is to be expected from the photographers because they hope the celebrity will lose their cool in public and they'll get some juicy shots. While this is disgusting low rent behaviour Caitlin Jenner has been in the public eye long enough to know all this.

So your ok with what that lad in texas done??

This incolving jenner was very low on the priorites and youll worse said in any pub tonight arpund the country....and only because shes famous wouldnt be investigated imo

Also doubt there was hate behind it.....but if you out tomorrpw and hurl abuse at your bus driver going to work to get him startles for a selfie......is it ok??

No, why would you think that? :)

He spend ages verbally and aggressively intimidating people and I would class that as harassment, even as far as physically intimidating them and I don't care whether it's against Muslims or two white or Chinese lads doing the same to each other

However screaming at someone "get your dick out" is fcuk all as far as I'm concerned.

And whether you like it or not if the Texas man had screamed at them **** off you Muslim ***** and they screamed back **** you you white bollox I wouldn't be classing that as arresting or investigation worth offence for either if I'm honest, might make them ignorant cnuts but not arrest worthy

Edit: I've been called a Paddy **** before by an English person and some would class that as a hate crime I suppose but I'd just see it as an insult and wouldn't give a **** just called him a English cnut and kept walking

Now if for instance he kept walking in front me down the street going you Paddy cnut, who the **** do you think you are over here bla bla bla, the ya it's harassment and def would understand the cops being called but obviously you know yourself a lot might just smack him in the face or balls and carry on too depending

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well, we were laughing last week saying the British Police Force wouldn't waste time investigating something as ridiculous as an accusation of blasphemy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

While I accept the abuse of the type should not be considered a hate crime the full facts as reported are interesting. I personally think a crime is a crime and adding hate does not usually help.

"'Someone shouted to her, "Oi, Bruce, get your d*** out". Then someone else threw something at her. It was horrible.'

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that officers had been called to the address on Friday night.

He said: 'Police were called on Friday May 12 at 11.40pm to an awards event in Great Queen Street, WC2, following an allegation of a hate crime."

So 2 things happend 1 a crude remark but followed by 2 someone threw something at her, while even that may not be a "hate crime" it may be an assault.

In any case a complaint was made the police should investigate complaints especially where an assault may have occurred. If there is nothing to it at least the met police officers might have a nice night out for a change.

Is it late or is the fact that the address was great queen street funny.

• Advertisement

While I accept the abuse of the type should not be considered a hate crime the full facts as reported are interesting. I personally think a crime is a crime and adding hate does not usually help.

"'Someone shouted to her, "Oi, Bruce, get your d*** out". Then someone else threw something at her. It was horrible.'

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that officers had been called to the address on Friday night.

He said: 'Police were called on Friday May 12 at 11.40pm to an awards event in Great Queen Street, WC2, following an allegation of a hate crime."

So 2 things happend 1 a crude remark but followed by 2 someone threw something at her, while even that may not be a "hate crime" it may be an assault.

In any case a complaint was made the police should investigate complaints especially where an assault may have occurred. If there is nothing to it at least the met police officers might have a nice night out for a change.

Oh Def if someone threw something at her sure it has to be looked at

Is it late or is the fact that the address was great queen street funny.

An attempt to injure her or physically intimidate her is different of course. That's not the cut and thrust of celebs running the gauntlet of the photographers who keep their career a float by picturing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

She?

Yes, she. Why do some people still have difficulty with that?

M

RayM wrote: »
    Yes, she. Why do some people still have difficulty with that?

It makes a mess of insurance statistics, mortality rates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Bruce Jenner put transgender rights back about a century. He is clearly just a deranged idiot that lost the plot after he killed a person. He should be differentiated from people who felt like that from birth.

Giving him "bravery" award too is completely regressive

As he has a larger and was born a male.

No she does not it has been reported she had surgery.

M

No she does not it has been reported she had surgery.

Who will pay for the 3rd tier toilet they should use? I certainly would not want to share a toilet with someone who from birth build was x but is now y, where are my rights in this bull**** PC world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Who will pay for the 3rd tier toilet they should use? I certainly would not want to share a toilet with someone who from birth build was x but is now y, where are my rights in this bull**** PC world?

Your house must be weird.

M

RayM wrote: »
    Your house must be weird.

My house toilet setup is one thing to be fair which you are right on, the public toilets are another though.

• Advertisement

You must have serious issues when you visit other people's houses. Your rights are to piss in your own private toilet after that if you use a public toilet you really have no control over the person who was there before you for all you know they may be a donkey ****er the horror. I for one don't care who uses the toilet before me as long as they don't piss or **** on the seat and leave the place clean. After that I really don't think about the other people in the toilet that just a bit too weird. Do you often wonder about the sex lives of people in public toilets.

Advertisement