Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Doge wrote: »
    Here's one seller:

Large Handpainted Lover Rain Street Tree Lamp Landscape Oil Painting On Canvas Wall Art Wall Pictures For Living Room Home Decor
    http://s.aliexpress.com/viyqENrU?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

The quality of the paintings I received weren't as nice as in the photos though.

TYVM Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

There w as a thread around here before which contained links to aliexpress art/ paintings that fellas would paint and send them to you.
    Anyone have a link to it? I can't find it

x2 I remember the thread and have been trying to find sellers who will paint a picture you send but all im getting is the paint by numbers options, anyone else got any other sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

TYVM Doge
    5500 wrote: »
    x2 I remember the thread and have been trying to find sellers who will paint a picture you send but all im getting is the paint by numbers options, anyone else got any other sellers?

Looks like I sent you a link to the wrong thing irishproduce, those were just specific paintings on offer.

Im not sure who paints custom pictures you send in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Custom oil paintings

Message a few of them with the image(s) you are after, and a rough size and ask for a quote. Haggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Doge wrote: »
    Looks like I sent you a link to the wrong thing irishproduce, those were just specific paintings on offer.

Im not sure who paints custom pictures you send in.

No, what you sent is what I am after. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder, ordered 2 SDCards at 50% off (32 & 128), yes I know the risks of ordering cheap sdcard brands and that aliexpress sales, usually are just inflated prices beforehand.

MicroData : - Tarjeta micro sd High Speed Micro SD Card 32GB 64GB Cartao de memoria 4GB 8GB 16GB Memory Card 128GB TF Card with adapter

The 128gb card, I got today is faulting or a dud!

Files I copied on to it disappearing and folders created also disappear after remounting.
    I tried to formatting the card in my phone. But problems persist.

Also can not delete test folders (or the LOST.DIR) created in Windows (SDCard reader).

Messaged the seller and waiting on a reply.

I thought the cheap cards would be a least usable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The 128gb card, I got today is faulting or a dud!

Messaged the seller and waiting on a reply.

I thought the cheap cards would be a least usable?

It may genuinely be faulty. I haven't heard of anyone faking the storage in a long time, especially now it is so cheap.
    You could try this
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
    https://toshiba-sd-memory-card-format.soft32.com/

Failing that try
    http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2012/07/quickn-dirty-way-to-fix-fake-sd-card.html
    http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2012/07/quickn-dirty-way-to-fix-fake-sd-card.html

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Anyone recommend a good dash cam?

Suckit wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried the formatter and it created exFAT Storage, attaching to my phone required to it to be reformatted FAT32.

Test it again and it seemed to be retaining data and working.

Tried TiBu backups on it today resulting in corruption of the files when verified. It seems that once you load the card with a certain amount of data it just gets faulty again.

Yet to hear back from the seller, I have to extend the buyer protection to give them a chance to reply and then open a dispute on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried the formatter and it created exFAT Storage, attaching to my phone required to it to be reformatted FAT32.

Test it again and it seemed to be retaining data and working.

Tried TiBu backups on it today resulting in corruption of the files when verified. It seems that once you load the card with a certain amount of data it just gets faulty again.

Yet to hear back from the seller, I have to extend the buyer protection to give them a chance to reply and then open a dispute on it.

it's their autumn festival over there at the moment, they should get back to you by the end of the week

ImARebel wrote: »
    it's their autumn festival over there at the moment, they should get back to you by the end of the week

They haven't gotten back to me yet, was just trying to open a dispute, but the process requires a video. But the request type of video doesn't show my problem.

Too much hassle to dispute it, just going to have to write it of as a lesson learned and utilize it, without using it for anything important like backups.

Order will close in about 18 hours, wonder if i should acknowledge it and leave negative feedback. So others would be warned?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

They haven't gotten back to me yet, was just trying to open a dispute, but the process requires a video. But the request type of video doesn't show my problem.

Too much hassle to dispute it, just going to have to write it of as a lesson learned and utilize it, without using it for anything important like backups.

Order will close in about 18 hours, wonder if i should acknowledge it and leave negative feedback. So others would be warned?

Still dispute it. Ali express are as good as amazon for resolving disputes. Upload a blank video if needs be

Still dispute it. Ali express are as good as amazon for resolving disputes. Upload a blank video if needs be

Just did, thanks for the suggestion, it was better than leaving a negative review.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

corkie wrote:

That's the sign off a fake. OS thinks it has the reported space, writes sector's only to discover later that they don't exist.

No reply until dispute started.

They replied in the earlier hours.
    sorry for the problem , how about resend to you ?if you accept replacement , need you cancel dispute and we send a new one to you .

I don't think, i will accept a replacement, what is going to prevent the same problems on another same brand card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

No reply until dispute started.

They replied in the earlier hours.

I don't think, i will accept a replacement, what is going to prevent the same problems on another same brand card.
    If you cancel the dispute you can't open another one, so nothing to make them ship the replacement. It's a common sneaky tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

mcgovern wrote: »
    If you cancel the dispute you can't open another one, so nothing to make them ship the replacement. It's a common sneaky tactic.

Yeah never cancel a dispute, that's more often than not their first ploy, cancel the dispute and we'll refund you, or send it again etc etc.

Ali are normally pretty fair imo. I lost one dispute because I didn't bother uploading a picture or video so probably my fault.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Has anyone bought a security camera from aliexpress? If so what would u recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Has anyone bought a security camera from aliexpress? If so what would u recommend

If you're talking about internet accessible ones I'd be very careful. Some of them are riddled with "back door" access and aren't very secure at all. Google around and research the model before you pull the trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Miike wrote: »
    If you're talking about internet accessible ones I'd be very careful. Some of them are riddled with "back door" access and aren't very secure at all. Google around and research the model before you pull the trigger.

Just want something to have above the door to keep a eye on front garden and car

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PVF

Has anyone purchased a gate auto kit on Ali express?Any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Does anyone reccomend buying ipads from aliexpress?

Shn99 wrote: »
    Does anyone reccomend buying ipads from aliexpress?

Do you mean Apple iPads, or a Tablet?

Wouldn't buy either from Aliexpress in any case. But definitely not an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Must be something in the air my 128gb card is acting up too. Bought on 7dayshop which I reckon is about the same as buying from Ali.

First time not buying one from amazon, won't be doing it again. Serves me right for trying to save a buck

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Anyone ever have something delivered to the wrong address?

I've had something confirmed as delivered but when I put the tracking number in An Post, it was delivered in Killaloe. I live about 200km from there and my address wouldn't resemble that at all.... Low value item but I've opened a dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

deadlast wrote: »
    Anyone ever have something delivered to the wrong address?

I've had something confirmed as delivered but when I put the tracking number in An Post, it was delivered in Killaloe. I live about 200km from there and my address wouldn't resemble that at all.... Low value item but I've opened a dispute.
    Sometimes they give you a tracking number of another item, usually when your item is not tracked. I've opened disputes for this before and won and they had the item arrive weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

mcgovern wrote: »
    Sometimes they give you a tracking number of another item, usually when your item is not tracked. I've opened disputes for this before and won and they had the item arrive weeks later.
    Ditto here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,288 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Depending on the value involved i would sometimes not bother with a dispute and just leave negative feedback. If you open a dispute you lose the ability to leave feedback. There is also no way to know how many disputes have been opened against a seller. a bit of a flaw in Aliexpress's otherwise excellent system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32718503055.html?pid=808_0000_0201&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32718503055

Anker Soundcore 2 Bluetooth speaker. $39 (34 euro) free delivery. 42% off. Supposed to be a great little device with excellent sound quality

Advertisement