Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammed by Ali Express seller - need some serious help.

Options
  • 18-04-2018 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys I need some serious serious help here. Everything I say is the pure truth.

I bought a smart phone from a seller with excellent feedback.

He or she sent me a faulty phone.
    Sent me Chinese instructions and software to flash the phone. (fix)

The instructions did not work, I followed them to a tee. I am not an idiot.

I opened up a dispute for a refund with a video of me and attempting to flash the phone. Ali express have sided with the buyer. Complete and utter ****ing bull****. I apologise for the bad language I am absolutely bulling.

I have contacted the seller numerous times, ignoring me.. Etc.
    I have contacted Ali Express over 15 times on live chat explaining the situation.. All they see is the dispute being closed and lie about escalating the issue to somebody.. Refuse to help me and every time I chat to them I have to explain the whole thing again, vicious cycle.

In private messages, the seller agreed to repair the phone if I sent the phone back and paid for postage. I sent the phone back for repair, weeks and weeks of the same ****.. No reply or nothing. Seller messages me and essentially holds my phone ransom if I don't pay the postage.

Seller sent me a tracking number.. Then 2 days later another tracking number. Knew something was up. Post arrived today and the phone is not in the box. He is getting away with this because of my original dispute getting incorrectly closed for 'insufficient evidence' and aliexpress staff being borderline retarded.

Please god help me.

I've lost 180e on the phone and 27e on postage there and back. A well respected seller in terms of feedback has played the system completely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

How did you pay? If paypal or creditcard, just do a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pyrrhic7

PTSB told me to contact Visa, Visa told me to contact my bank. They have refused to do a chargeback with my card.

I bought this phone before the new year, this is how long this is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Who was the seller (just curious)?

You could try contacting these and see if they can help you
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/disputed-card-transactions-chargeback/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is this the phone ?

https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/need-asus-phone-from-china-flashed/14589546

Relating to these posts:

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=868084&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=1343

If the seller sold it without play store and it was flashed incorrectly which is now causing the fault, it is not the sellers fault. And they wont entertain any claim because they sold a working phone which was made unusable after by the incorrect installation of the play store.

GBX wrote: »
    If the seller sold it without play store and it was flashed incorrectly which is now causing the fault, it is not the sellers fault. And they wont entertain any claim because they sold a working phone which was made unusable after by the incorrect installation of the play store.

I think the issue now is that the seller kept the phone after he sent it back to be reflashed.

@Pyrrhic7 If you haven't got too aggressive towards the seller, ask them if they can send it back with original ROM on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Pyrrhic7 wrote: »
    Ali express have sided with the buyer.

??

Suckit wrote: »
    I think the issue now is that the seller kept the phone after he sent it back to be reflashed.

@Pyrrhic7 If you haven't got too aggressive towards the seller, ask them if they can send it back with original ROM on it.

But the OP is not willing to pay for postage by the sounds of things?

"In private messages, the seller agreed to repair the phone if I sent the phone back and paid for postage. I sent the phone back for repair, weeks and weeks of the same ****.. No reply or nothing. Seller messages me and essentially holds my phone ransom if I don't pay the postage."

The seller agreed to repair it if you sent it back and paid for postage ? Did you agree to this or just send it back in the hope they would fix it and send it back again to you without paying for it?

My point stands - they were given a working phone to begin with and it sounds like they messed up the flashing and sent it back for the seller to try sort. The seller is looking to be reimbursed for the cost of shipping it. This is not a scam.

GBX wrote: »
    But the OP is not willing to pay for postage by the sounds of things?

Ah.
    I thought OP had paid it as the seller then gave two tracking numbers. I don't know. The OP seems to have disappeared anyway.

If it was me, I would pay the postage while the phone is still worth something, and do not stand to lose everything.

Suckit wrote: »
    Ah.
    I thought OP had paid it as the seller then gave two tracking numbers. I don't know. The OP seems to have disappeared anyway.

If it was me, I would pay the postage while the phone is still worth something, and do not stand to lose everything.

This is the best option. Obviously the OP doesn't want to be without a phone and I can understand their frustration of the whole thing. Pay for the postage and get it back working and go from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

OP . Did you know what you were buying ?

My story is I bought a Xiaomi note 5a off AliExpress with Global Rom and made sure it would definitely work here.

It doesnt help but I think not buying it ready to go upon arrival was the source of your problems.

Is there a chance the seller might blame you for not following their instructions and think youre partly or even fully responsible for the phone not working in Ireland ? If thats the case then compromise is the only way and if its 1000% your fault then them taking it back to fix the problem is actually a good will gesture from them. Theyre trying to make a living too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't see what the seller did wrong. The phone worked when you bought it. You tried to flash the phone & it damaged the phone.

Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

testicles wrote: »
    Jesus, I thought it was something expensive. Write it off and move on with your life.

200 quid isnt pocket change to a lot of people ffs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

MOD:It might not be a lot to you, but it is to some. If you have nothing useful to add, please don't post.

Advertisement