Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

eeguy wrote: »
    There's a directive on how and where the CE mark should be displayed.

You can look it up if you think it's nonsense.

The Chinese Export mark is a myth....and a silly (though persistent one) at that.

While there is a defined format for the layout and spacing of the CE Marking, in practice, some manufacturers don't follow it very precisely. This is usually either through carelessness or because they have limited space on the label.

There is no Chinese Export mark......just badly drawn CE Markings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

PC ones or general speakers/bluetooth speakers?

General! I usually play music from my phone or the laptop. Any suggestions welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have this https://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_621648.html

On offer for 20euro at the moment. Good sound like almost all Xiaomi products

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

When given the option between aliexpress standard shipping and china post air mail which is better (arrives quicker)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Where is the AE bargains thread gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Where is the AE bargains thread gone?

This is the Aliexpress Bargains thread - chat version. I think the No Chat thread died shortly after there was no chat allowed.

This was it https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057520472

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Suckit wrote: »
    This is the Aliexpress Bargains thread - chat version. I think the No Chat thread died shortly after there was no chat allowed.

This was it https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057520472

I still can't see it :eek:

Think it got killed after people started talking about counterfeit stuff again. I did PM the mod called TheDriver but they couldn't be bothered to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

When given the option between aliexpress standard shipping and china post air mail which is better (arrives quicker)?

Much of a muchness really. If you want quicker shipping from China use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel. They ship so much more stuff to the UK which means quick delivery. Not much point though if you are ordering something worth about €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Think it got killed after people started talking about counterfeit stuff again. I did PM the mod called TheDriver but they couldn't be bothered to reply.

Gearbest probably paid an extra 3 or 4€ for them to kill it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Now where will we find adidos socks :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

I sent and received this on the 7th of August
    TheDriver wrote:
    AAAAAAAAA wrote:
    hello, the link specified in the discussion thread for aliexpress bargain alerts that should lead to the "no chat" thread doesn't lead anywhere anymore
    TheDriver wrote: »
    This thread is for chat about products, postage etc. If you have a bargain to post, please use http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057520472
    Hi,
    thanks for your message. It seems to be working fine for me on both phone and computer?

He didn't answer my follow up message:
    AAAAAAAAA wrote:
    I suspect that's because you're a mod, I get "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when I try to view it. Try in incognito or while logged out and you should see the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

2f7661acdc2f16c207cda9848cad7120ec80b177398d3701a777cae6953d5a99.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

It was all headphones anyway, no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

People can always start new threads, just like they do everywhere elsewhere on the site. If there's a need, but this one seems ok anyway doesn't it?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

I created a new thread since 11.11 deals are just a few days away.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057806548

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Much of a muchness really. If you want quicker shipping from China use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel. They ship so much more stuff to the UK which means quick delivery. Not much point though if you are ordering something worth about €2.

What about Netherlands post

I see people have been receiving stuff from gearbest in a week this way for an extra euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Nollog

I still have no clue how to use my millions of AliExpress select coupons after more than 5 years of using AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭corkie

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I still have no clue how to use my millions of AliExpress select coupons after more than 5 years of using AliExpress.

You could not have that many, there only valid for a limited time period, and some are only usable with specific stores.
    Also only can be applied when you have reached minimum spend amount.

corkie wrote: »
    QCY Q29 3D stereo earphones wireless bluetooth V4.1 earbuds with Microphone power bank & portable box for all phones PC

€ 52,28 / piece Sale Price: € 21,44 / piece

Be careful, some aliexpress links have versions cheaper (€20) but don't have AptX support, where the above links says they do.

I still think at this price point, they maybe worth ordering.

Has anyone got them? Would you recommend them?

Sorry for posting about headphones.

Sharing the above from the other thread. Here is another review: -

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Doge wrote: »
    Here's a handy item for car/van owners, a Voltmeter that plugs into the cigarette port to keep an eye on the voltage of your battery so you know when it needs replacing.

Why cars dont have something like this as standard in the dashboard with a button to check the voltage is beyond me.

€1.49 delivered
    [...]

To be honest, I never had a need for one. If there's unlikely event of alternator's failure you're warned straight away by a red light on dash. If battery is slowly dying due to its age, you'd notice that, there are plenty of obvious symptoms.

But well, each to their own - if you want it, buy it. :)

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    To be honest, I never had a need for one. If there's unlikely event of alternator's failure you're warned straight away by a red light on dash. If battery is slowly dying due to its age, you'd notice that, there are plenty of obvious symptoms.

But well, each to their own - if you want it, buy it. :)

Nothing more obvious than a low voltage reading though! ;)
    My fathers car was parked up for 3 weeks recently and wouldnt start after driving it for a few days after he came back, no obvious symptoms whatsoever, so this is really handy to have, and saves opening the bonnet, taking off the battery cover and probing it with a multimeter.

Surprised at the lack of posts in the bargains thread considering its 11.11.

I joined various aliexpress facebook groups earlier hoping to find some bargains, but the majority of them are all counterfeit links, using dummy page listings which show non counterfeit products. :(

Surprised at the lack of posts in the bargains thread considering its 11.11.

I joined various aliexpress facebook groups earlier hoping to find some bargains, but the majority of them are all counterfeit links, using dummy page listings which show non counterfeit products. :(

Maybe because it is a new thread and posters not knowing about it.
    Plus the fact of prices on somethings raised before the event to make appearance of a sale. With Dual pricing on Phones, with some showing a reduce sale price and another link showing the same prize but not a sale link. Example!

Fast heating car seat covers. They look decent and might be good to have for the 2nd half of winter :) for €8.12
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sebter-heated-car-seat-electric-heated-winter-cushion-double-faced-heated-pad-winter-car-seat-cushion/32474009118.html

They are €7.98 if you use the app.

From a seller
    usually 25-45 business days for China Post,35-60 for economic shipment,15-45 for aliexpress

Not sure how accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

http://s.aliexpress.com/MBbyeMFv

Christmas-Dog-Sweatshirt-Men-Women-Long-Sleeve-Autumn-Winter-Hoodie-Sweatshirt-Sudadera-Hombre-Casual-3D-Pullover.jpg

Thats the Christmas sweater sorted! :pac:

I may or may not have received possession of this today :p

Edit: for shame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Shlippery wrote: »
    I may or may not have received possseaion Of this today :p

Ive no idea if posssealon is painful or not ?

Hoping my QCY Q29 arrive next week (hopefully Monday/Tuesday?)

Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE) 2017-12-01 05:06:31 [GMT+8]

Depart from transit country or district 2017-12-01 05:06:00 [GMT+8]

Hand over to airline 2017-11-25 02:55:56 [GMT+8]

Information Received 2017-11-25 00:17:00

Outbound in sorting center 2017-11-21 03:19:10 [GMT+8]

Received by line-haul 2017-11-21 03:19:10 [GMT+8]

Inbound in sorting center 2017-11-16 11:47:40 [GMT+8]

Accepted by carrier 2017-11-15 19:31:12 [GMT+8]

Waiting for pickup 2017-11-13 09:25:39 [GMT+8]

[China,海外]Shipment confirmation 2017-11-12 11:25:29

They are backup to full price € 51,13, after been down to approx €30 the last two weeks.

In feedback someone got the Q29 Pro in the shipment.

UTB8xi4OdYnJXKJkSahGq6xhzFXaS.jpg

If I get the pro version, I hope they still have AptX support as in the description.

Edit: - I forgot how frustrating waiting for delivery can be. Last order was in April!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ive no idea if posssealon is painful or not ?

I got carried away in the excitement of it all. Truly a horrendous jumper. :p

• Advertisement

Edit:-
    It has been pointed out to me that the tracking info,
    is not reliable and the item probably hasn't even reached Ireland!

11/11 Oders - Delays through Customs <-- Just hope that is the case.

Did anyone get there 11/11 orders yet?

Mine arrived in to the country late Sunday evening and has the following in aliexpress tracking.

Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance

I'm just hoping that there is just a backlog in customs and that I won't get a snail mail requesting proof of purchase (or something similar).

The Tracking code (RB390742214SG) is yet to be activate on the An Post tracking site.

So are others still waiting on there purchases as well?

Advertisement