Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Basq wrote: »
    I've a similar one by Digoo.. no, they are indeed wireless.

Thanks Basq, and 14 bucks cheaper too

So effectively the only cord going in is the power lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yep, that's right.

Bear in mind - the video on that is very solid but audio is not great at all. If that's a necessity, definitely look into an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭blade1

How much data would that digoo can use up?
    Say if I was away for the night would it store footage on the SD card and only use data if I check on it on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Those cameras have a hardcoded back door supposedly, which cannot be changed or stopped. I'd Google around before you buy, I have one very similar to that one from the same company and I was advised to dump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Miike wrote: »
    Those cameras have a hardcoded back door supposedly, which cannot be changed or stopped. I'd Google around before you buy, I have one very similar to that one from the see company and I was advised to dump it.

Hardcoded back door :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Gulliver

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hardcoded back door :confused:

Some cheap devices are configured that remote access will always be granted to a certain User/IP Address, regardless of what security settings you use. Usually these users or IPs are from the country of manufacture.

Scary stuff in theory. In practice I'd say normal people are a bit "boring" for anything viewed/recorded to be of any use in blackmail etc. Still a major breach of privacy though and not something I'd be comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I've mine plugged out unless needed - and only use when away on holidays to check in on pets. So if people want to see a cat lick it's own arse, I'll give them the login - no charge! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

56 degrees viewing angle - a bit low, no? Especially when recording unassisted (with noone actively controlling PTZ).

wrt privacy - would this work? while setting up the cameras, have them connected to a temp wifi with internet access (e.g. a temp access point on your phone), then disable that access point, they should still record to SD and when you want to see footage, either download directly from SD card or re-enable access point for a few minutes.

Anyone experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Strictly speaking this is not a bargain, but the fact that you can choose shipping from Europe (UK) is a big advantage. I have found it to be a fantastic charger so far i have it just over a month.
    USB ports are labeled for the maximum current that they can give (2 x 1A and 2 x 2.4A).

Quick charge for all at the same time.
    The price does not change for any of them or from where it is shipped, so i bought the EU, US and UK version and shipped from France (at the time they had no stock in the UK)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Syncwire-with-UK-EU-US-Worldwide-Travel-Adaptor-34W-1A-2-4A-4-Port-USB-Mobile/2850028_32811111512.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Suckit wrote: »
    Strictly speaking this is not a bargain, but the fact that you can choose shipping from Europe (UK) is a big advantage. I have found it to be a fantastic charger so far i have it just over a month.
    USB ports are labeled for the maximum current that they can give (2 x 1A and 2 x 2.4A).

The price does not change for any of them or from where it is shipped, so i bought the EU, US and UK version and shipped from France (at the time they had no stock in the UK)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Syncwire-with-UK-EU-US-Worldwide-Travel-Adaptor-34W-1A-2-4A-4-Port-USB-Mobile/2850028_32811111512.html

21% off for using mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

Anker chargers are superiour in quality and are even cheaper than this one!
    The anker version: £12
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Anker-4-Port-PowerPort-Interchangeable-White/dp/B01MXXOQTE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1507557778&sr=8-7&keywords=anker+charger

It comes with a UK and EU plug.

You could get the PowerPort 5 even cheaper which has 5x 2.4amps per USB socket, with a maximum output of 8 amps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Charging-Multi-Port-Black/dp/B00VTI8K9K/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1507558127&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=anker+charger&psc=1

If you want to use it in other countries you could simply buy figure of 8 leads cheaply, or just use a uk to eu/us plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Speaking of Anker and seeing as the main aliexpress thread is missing...
    Ali Express are having a sale on Anker products on the 11th and 12th.
    https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/10brands_anker.htm

Some pretty good prices if you can actually get the items but no doubt they will be limited to the first 50 people and everything will sell out in no time.

Doge wrote: »
    Anker chargers are superiour in quality and are even cheaper than this one!
    The anker version: £12
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Anker-4-Port-PowerPort-Interchangeable-White/dp/B01MXXOQTE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1507557778&sr=8-7&keywords=anker+charger

It comes with a UK and EU plug.

You could get the PowerPort 5 even cheaper which has 5x 2.4amps per USB socket, with a maximum output of 8 amps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Charging-Multi-Port-Black/dp/B00VTI8K9K/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1507558127&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=anker+charger&psc=1

If you want to use it in other countries you could simply buy figure of 8 leads cheaply, or just use a uk to eu/us plug.

I have a few Anker chargers, and 1 powerbank. Anker are great, but i do not know about superior to this. Aukey is another that i would rate (there are many).
    I can not see anywhere on the packaging of my anker about quickcharge, but it is a great charger. This syncwire is a 4 port Quickcharge device.
    I have taken it apart (I do with many) and it is good quality. Also comes with a lifetime guarantee. It may amount to nothing, but it is a big statement, and in my past experience, Chinese companies that aim the extra mile, do meet those requirements. If something is €2.99, you will only get that value from it.
    This charger also comes with an Asian plug by default, which folds in for a USA/EU/Ireland plug, so you can bring it abroad with you easily.
    When testing the 1A port i got 1.04A/5.08V.
    Testing the 2A port i got 2.12/5.12V.
    3A port is 2nd from bottom and assigned as 1A Testing gives 3.02A/5.04A
    It connect 2 loads of 1A and 2A simultaneously. The ports are divided into two groups as seen here
    I have also tested it with multiple devices and got good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Can anybody recommend one of those fancy pop out credit card holders?

Think they were mentioned some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

I have a few Anker chargers, and 1 powerbank. Anker are great, but i do not know about superior to this. Aukey is another that i would rate (there are many).
    I can not see anywhere on the packaging of my anker about quickcharge, but it is a great charger. This syncwire is a 4 port Quickcharge device.
    I have taken it apart (I do with many) and it is good quality. Also comes with a lifetime guarantee. It may amount to nothing, but it is a big statement, and in my past experience, Chinese companies that aim the extra mile, do meet those requirements. If something is €2.99, you will only get that value from it.
    This charger also comes with an Asian plug by default, which folds in for a USA/EU/Ireland plug, so you can bring it abroad with you easily.
    When testing the 1A port i got 1.04A/5.08V.
    Testing the 2A port i got 2.12/5.12V.
    3A port is 2nd from bottom and assigned as 1A Testing gives 3.02A/5.04A
    It connect 2 loads of 1A and 2A simultaneously. The ports are divided into two groups as seen here
    I have also tested it with multiple devices and got good results.

The Syncwire appears to ship within EU and says it's "CE" - no label shown in any images, can you confirm if that's China Export or Europe Conformance standard? Thanks
    idgolt.png

I got the Anker Premium 20W portable speaker a week ago from amazon for 44 euro, the sale for 42.21 doesn't sound that good, with the waiting times involved.

Dunno about other Anker items...

styron wrote: »
    The Syncwire appears to ship within EU and says it's "CE" - no label shown in any images, can you confirm if that's China Export or Europe Conformance standard? Thanks

I do not think that the European Conformance standard is anything to write home about (I am not trying to sound like a smart ass, but i mean that), but anyway, according to the AliExpress store, it has a CE certificate (which would not be China Export).
    It also has RoHS cert, which would be more important imo.
    It has UL and FCC certs also.

Edited.

Hold on, i will upload a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

idgolt.png

I know this is off topic but just for what it's worth I'm pretty sure this is a load of nonsense! The reason I say that is I'm sitting staring at a bottle of Specsavers contact lens solution that was made in the UK and micropore tape that was made in Poland and on both the the CE symbol looks more like the "Chinese export" in your image that the alleged "proper" one.

CE logo on the plug

Edited.

I have never heard of "China Export" and the logo on the CE wiki looks more like the China Export.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

Did you make that up? (Pretty good if you did :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,559 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

On the other note - got a coupon. God, how hard to resist! :D:D:D

430237.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Luap wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend one of those fancy pop out credit card holders?

Think they were mentioned some time ago.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Antitheft-high-quality-metal-men-card-holder-rfid-aluminium-credit-card-holder-with-rfid-blocking-pu/32830015058.html?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

murphm45 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic but just for what it's worth I'm pretty sure this is a load of nonsense! The reason I say that is I'm sitting staring at a bottle of Specsavers contact lens solution that was made in the UK and micropore tape that was made in Poland and on both the the CE symbol looks more like the "Chinese export" in your image that the alleged "proper" one.

There's a directive on how and where the CE mark should be displayed.

You can look it up if you think it's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

murphm45 wrote: »

Should've gone to ...

2jdlzjr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

I cannot see anywhere in the description of the Syncwire charger that it supports Qualcomm Quickcharge, 1.0,2.0,3.0.

All it says is that it has iSmart technology.

The Anker chargers have their own PowerIQ technology a while now and some even support Qualcomm quick charge also.
    Only certain phones are Qualcomm quick charge compatible btw.

My anker 5 port charger which has Power IQ noticeably charges my iPad faster than the Apple 14W charger that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Should've gone to ...

Ha ha ha ha ... touche!!!

Just to confirm I'm not lying I have a picture too.

It's up to yourself but I was just pointing out that based what I've seen (see attached) this seems like a load of rubbish but at the same time I appreciate things may have changed or others may not feel the same way. (I'll be honest I used to "believe" this too until I saw examples to the contrary!) Personally I take it for granted that most stuff coming directly from China isn't necessarily going to meet the standard it claims to (paranoia I know but still, saves me worrying about this sort of stuff)

Anyway sorry for the off topic chat but in terms of the charger you were looking at it has the UL mark on it which means it should be safe ... assuming it's not forged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭jacool

Bargain Alerts - sponsored by Specsavers!

Doge wrote: »
    I cannot see anywhere in the description of the Syncwire charger that it supports Qualcomm Quickcharge, 1.0,2.0,3.0.

All it says is that it has iSmart technology.

The Anker chargers have their own PowerIQ technology a while now and some even support Qualcomm quick charge also.
    Only certain phones are Qualcomm quick charge compatible btw.

My anker 5 port charger which has Power IQ noticeably charges my iPad faster than the Apple 14W charger that comes with it.

Yep (or nope). It does not seem to mention quickcharge in the description but it does on the packaging (attached).
    I will say only that it is a great charger, and i would recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Can anyone recommend any good speakers from Ali? My Logitech ones died after a good 10 years and ahm wondering if for quality now can cheaper brands compare or should I just invest again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any good speakers from Ali? My Logitech ones died after a good 10 years and ahm wondering if for quality now can cheaper brands compare or should I just invest again.

PC ones or general speakers/bluetooth speakers?

Advertisement