Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steely Dan finally to return to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Hi Guys
    Know this is a desparate search but does anyone have two tickets .?Absolutely gutted and sickened not to be seeing themGUTTED!

Was thinking the same thing. We might be ok closer to the date TM might release a sneaky few.

Does Donald do any of his solo material in the SD shows does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Doing 2 nights now. Monday aswell. Tickets on sale on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Does anybody know how to get presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

You need to be registered with 3Plus, which means being a 3 customer to begin with.
    You login to the account online using your mobile number and password.
    You request a code, which they then text you.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Scobie 10

Can anyone tell me where and how to register for presale code

• Advertisement

giphy.webp

I don't see any pre-sale codes link on the 3 site when i log in and there's nothing in the gig calendar for oct 30th- am I missing something ?

• Advertisement

I don't see any pre-sale codes link on the 3 site when i log in and there's nothing in the gig calendar for oct 30th- am I missing something ?

It's obviously not up yet. They don't always have their finger on the pulse. It'll probably be up tomorrow. No panic.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

It's obviously not up yet. They don't always have their finger on the pulse. It'll probably be up tomorrow. No panic.

Ah great- thanks delbertgrady- it's my first time getting pre-sale codes :o

Presale option now listed on 3Plus site.
    Click on button to request code.
    They'll text it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 quince3759

Are you able to share your presale code? I'm not a 3mobile user but really would like to get one standing ticket for this second Dublin concert...can you help?  Bren

Presale option now listed on 3Plus site.
    Click on button to request code.
    They'll text it to you.

thanks I got it. Does your Ticketmaster account need to be linked to your 3 account in some way? No issue if it does, but didn't want to start a new TM account if not required. I have the link to use on the 3 site but my TM account is a different number.

The Nal wrote: »
    Doing 2 nights now. Monday aswell. Tickets on sale on Friday.

So TB doing Robert Plant and Steely Dan tickets both at 9a.m. Friday.

Lovely way to crash the site and leave more fans disappointed.

So TB doing Robert Plant and Steely Dan tickets both at 9a.m. Friday.

Lovely way to crash the site and leave more fans disappointed.

Nah they'll be ok. Its only 11,000 tickets. 9000 ish for Steely Dan and 2000 for Plant. Not including the presale/corporate freebie etc tickets.

Was thinking the same thing. We might be ok closer to the date TM might release a sneaky few.

Does Donald do any of his solo material in the SD shows does anyone know?

He's touring now with his own band (The Nightflyers) -USA and Japan appear to be the only dates so far but I imagine there's a good chance he'll be in Europe in 2018 considering the demand for Steely Dan

https://www.jambase.com/article/donald-fagen-nightflyers-announce-summer-tour-2017

Nah they'll be ok. Its only 11,000 tickets. 9000 ish for Steely Dan and 2000 for Plant. Not including the presale/corporate freebie etc tickets.

Got tickets for both this morning at 9a.m. Went for Plant first got seated in Row M of Stalls.

Then booked SD but only standing available at 9.03!!
    He's touring now with his own band (The Nightflyers) -USA and Japan appear to be the only dates so far but I imagine there's a good chance he'll be in Europe in 2018 considering the demand for Steely Dan

https://www.jambase.com/article/donald-fagen-nightflyers-announce-summer-tour-2017

Cheers for that, didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Just announced that Walter Becker has died.

• Advertisement

Ilovelucy wrote: »

RIP.

That's crazy news. I wonder where that leaves the Steely Dan gig. I believe he wasn't appearing on stage in recent months so likely this gig will still go ahead, albeit it will be a sad gig without him

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭corm500

Ilovelucy wrote: »

Just seen this news. I'm gutted. Always a dream to see him live, and I was this close. RIP Walter, you will be missed

Terrible news. What a legend and a legacy he leaves.

RIP Walter.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

SO sad to hear this. I was 12 when I rooted out my older brother's double album "Reeling in the Years" (a best of Steely Dan). I'll genuinely never forget it, the beautifully crafted songs, the stories they told, the sunshine pouring out of the record player. Everything about them. It's why I picked up a guitar two years later, and why I play in bands today. Thanks Walter. Bye dude...

RIP.

That's crazy news. I wonder where that leaves the Steely Dan gig. I believe he wasn't appearing on stage in recent months so likely this gig will still go ahead, albeit it will be a sad gig without him

Will still go ahead yeah. Seems like he was never making the gig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DrDebaser

I found radio advertising an xtra gig the day news broke of Walter Beckers death to be really upsetting and offensive. I meam come on RTE[?] the guy who is half of the Dan died and you couldnt pull an ad for a day? Anyone confirm to me that it was RTE ad--I still cannot believe it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

DrDebaser wrote: »
    I found radio advertising an xtra gig the day news broke of Walter Beckers death to be really upsetting and offensive. I meam come on RTE[?] the guy who is half of the Dan died and you couldnt pull an ad for a day? Anyone confirm to me that it was RTE ad--I still cannot believe it happened

Was on during liveline yesterday for sure, I'm sure it was by the promoter though not RTE though nothing would surprise me with RTE

DrDebaser wrote: »

They have those ads scheduled weeks in advance. Expecting RTE to react live to something like that is naive.

Don't be so easily offended snowflakes. Its only a short ad on a sh1tty radio station that you probably shouldn't be listening to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Snowflakes? This a new term for something? I know what they physically are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They have those ads scheduled weeks in advance. Expecting RTE to react live to something like that is naive.

Don't be so easily offended snowflakes. Its only a short ad on a sh1tty radio station that you probably shouldn't be listening to anyway.

Whilst that is technically true, you can book (air) or pull a radio ad at incredibly short notice, and I mean less than an hour - I have done this in the past. The recorded ads are (in most cases) sent to the radio stations digitally. Scheduling and booking can be done almost at will thereafter.

Advertisement