Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steely Dan finally to return to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There were no standing at 9am. I got 3 at 9.05
    Do they stagger the tickets over the 2 days of the presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭samo

I got 2 at 10.03 (lost them then thanks to credit card error :()) but luckily enough got 2 more at 10.05 for Block G but when I re-tried at first it was saying none available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    There were no standing at 9am. I got 3 at 9.05
    Do they stagger the tickets over the 2 days of the presale?

Usually no ,they sell them all in one go .

samo wrote: »
    I got 2 at 10.03 (lost them then thanks to credit card error :()) but luckily enough got 2 more at 10.05 for Block G but when I re-tried at first it was saying none available.
    I was offered Block G only first but don't want to sit so went back through again and got standing after twice being told none were available. So Block G and a limited number of standing it seems were on sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar

Just got 2 seated ... @11.30am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 verat

Same thing happened a few years back for Simply Red. I took a chance and turned down the sh#tty presale tickets and waited until they went on general release, ended up getting brilliant tickets in the seating section so I think I'll take my chances again this time. Couldn't be worse than what they were offering me a while ago.

verat wrote: »
    Same thing happened a few years back for Simply Red. I took a chance and turned down the sh#tty presale tickets and waited until they went on general release, ended up getting brilliant tickets in the seating section so I think I'll take my chances again this time. Couldn't be worse than what they were offering me a while ago.

The presale seats are generally crap .
    Its handy for standing tickets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ticketmaster is a royal scam.

Ticketmaster is a royal scam.

You would wonder how they release tickets .
    Is it automated ,is it a person making the calls what to release ,when to release ,what sections etc.
    They do like to sell alot of the crap seats first in big venues.

Maybe they sold out the initial presale allocation and added a new one .
    I'm convinced its a monkey pressing a button half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar

Got 2 standing tickets YYYEEESSSSS Thanks for help :D:D

• Advertisement

Some more came online at 11.30. Got seats in Block E. Expensive but happy!

Seem to be releasing more in stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I used the Three presale once. My friends got much better seats on general release.
    Pure scam to make people think they are getting something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Effects wrote: »
    I used the Three presale once. My friends got much better seats on general release.
    Pure scam to make people think they are getting something special.

Oh it's a royal scam alright! :)

Well... not really, I wanted standing tickets, got them.

If I wanted a decent 128e seat, there's still, hours later, a couple for sale on there that I would go for.

Tickets sorted already for our group and no scramble Friday morning, what's not to like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

leakyboots wrote: »
    Oh it's a royal scam alright! :)

Any major dude will tell you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Zardoz wrote: »
    €78.50 - €128.50 plus fees ,crazy money

Agree... I want to go.... Not sure I want to go THAT much though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

86e to see two bands of the calibre of The Dan and The Doobies is good value I'd have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can I ask a possibly silly question?

How do you go about using someone else's presale code?

I got a link from a pal, but when I use it I just get the 3 website, which I have to log into - only I can't because I'm not a 3 customer!

I've never used these presale codes before, so no idea of how it works.

Could s/he log in themselves and get the code and then I could use that on the TM website?

Or does a pal have to buy the ticket for me altogether?

And then, if they did, can I use that if they're not present (are tickets issued to named persons)?

Just wondering how the whole thing works!

(Going to have a go at the general release ones tomorrow anyhow)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 verat

Just follow the link posted on pg 2 of this thread, click on the artist you want tickets for, and it'll take you to the presale page of TM. Put in the code after you enter the amount required. To be honest, I didn't like the seats they were selling and they seem to be only directing to Seatwave now. I'm taking a chance too and buying tomorrow on General Release. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Tickets bought! Saw them in the point in 96 so I cant wait for this one. I'd say there's a fair chance that Michael McDonald will be on this tour too!

DrWu wrote: »
    Tickets bought! Saw them in the point in 96 so I cant wait for this one. I'd say there's a fair chance that Michael McDonald will be on this tour too!
    Theres no chance. Hes playing his own gig in Washington that night. 

http://www.michaelmcdonald.com/tour.html

• Advertisement

Dang! Donald and Walter will do! ;)

DrWu wrote: »

Dang! Donald and Walter will do! ;)
    Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So this Dan guy has he got a steely stare. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

09.10 this morning, got 2 tickets at my usual outlet - but way back in the 'Gods' i.e. Block L, Row 50 - and paid €102.80 per ticket including whatever fees. A group of lads were in queue infront of me all buying their tickets too. Which means they would have been there at 09.00 on the dot to get their tickets and we're all in the same Block. So it looks like the pre-sale tickets are the only ones worth buying - because at the exact time they are officially on sale - there's F**K all left. :confused:

But because I'm a huge fan and never saw them live, I'm trying to justify the expense - when I have to travel from Cork and book accommodation yet.

I'm disappointed to read in previous posts that Michael McDonald won't be on with the Doobie Bros - I mean - he is the voice. (Luckily I got to see him a few years ago at the Marquee in Cork).

Still with all my moaning and groaning - just to hear Donald Fagan singing will be worth it. (Wonder will he do any of his own stuff eg. from the Nightfly album?) :)

Doobies don't do What a Fool Believes as Mickey Mc isn't about.

Judes wrote: »
    09.10 this morning, got 2 tickets at my usual outlet - but way back in the 'Gods' i.e. Block L, Row 50 - and paid €102.80 per ticket including whatever fees. A group of lads were in queue infront of me all buying their tickets too. Which means they would have been there at 09.00 on the dot to get their tickets and we're all in the same Block. So it looks like the pre-sale tickets are the only ones worth buying - because at the exact time they are officially on sale - there's F**K all left. :confused:

But because I'm a huge fan and never saw them live, I'm trying to justify the expense - when I have to travel from Cork and book accommodation yet.

I'm disappointed to read in previous posts that Michael McDonald won't be on with the Doobie Bros - I mean - he is the voice. (Luckily I got to see him a few years ago at the Marquee in Cork).

Still with all my moaning and groaning - just to hear Donald Fagan singing will be worth it. (Wonder will he do any of his own stuff eg. from the Nightfly album?) :)

Saw them back in '96 and you wont be disappointed. Not a jump out of your seat and dance gig but the musicianship was just out of this world. And that was before they had Keith Carlock!

Judes wrote: »

:)

you did the absolute right thing. I saw block b on sale @4pm yesterday. I was staring at nearly 300 euro for 2 tickets. I just declined it let it go. I'll probably regret it closer to the date but just couldn't justify the money. Really hope you enjoy the concert and well done on getting the tickets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭human 19

have been on ticketmaster a few times since friday, a few times, and its showing no tickets available. Has it sold out already? I see they are playing in London the next night, so no chance of a 2nd date
    seatwave tickets now showing from E250 for standing.

human 19 wrote: »
    have been on ticketmaster a few times since friday, a few times, and its showing no tickets available. Has it sold out already? I see they are playing in London the next night, so no chance of a 2nd date
    seatwave tickets now showing from E250 for standing.
    Wait until closer to the date, More tickets will be on TM and if not there will be loads on Toutless the week of the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ballystephen

Hi Guys
    Know this is a desparate search but does anyone have two tickets .?Absolutely gutted and sickened not to be seeing themGUTTED!

Advertisement