Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Jennifer Lopez and all of Little Mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

(I know way too much about some of these people, incl Townsend)

When the acting career was stalling, he became an environmental 'campaigner' (as did O'Keefe)-to protect the hill of Tara...fat lot of use that did. Then was an environmentalist for a while-and again, all to keep himself in the public eye.

Started calling Charlize Theron his 'wife'-they never married, but were together for a good 9 years or so. (He almost ruined her career too-he gave her 'advice' during their relationship. Three of the worst films of her career were made with him-Trapped, Head in the Clouds, and Aeon Flux (he got a cameo)). He then thought he was good enough to be a director, and made the boring Battle in Seattle-oh, and conned Charlize into being in it. That was the only film he directed.
    A ton of Irish papers (Sunday World, I'm lookin' at chu) were always hyping this guy up as some kind of wunderkind, even when many others surpassed him and were actually making money/ big films. And then Townsend got the big break of his career-Aragorn in LoTR...and was fired before shooting (Viggo Mortensen nailed that role, tbh). He got roles in Queen of the Damned, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-if you've seen those movies, you know they are unimaginably bad. Both those movies flopped (and both were adaptations of superior, and beloved, books).

He migrated to TV (The Night Stalker, XIII, Betrayal-all cancelled after a one season of 13 episodes). And then came his next big break- Fandral in Marvel's Thor... and then he was fired before shooting began, he was 6 hours late to a costume fitting. (By this time Theron dumped him, and the Irish 'hyping him up' papers were like 'Stuart, you massive idiot plonker').

Apparently he's married now, I think she's Fijian, and has at least one kid. His brother was on some RTE reality show (that all involved hated-not joking) and shares the same traits as his bro-as well as saying Stuart is married now. Was on an episode of L&O: SVU this year, but only sporadically works nowadays-as in years between gigs.

To be fair, he was woefully miscast in that role. Something Peter Jackson himself called a mistake. They needed an older actor. Aragorn is supposedly 87 years old in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Gravelly wrote: »
    As I have said numerous times in this thread already when Kathryn Thomas has been mentioned - I still would though.

That Carlow accent of hers would make ya flaccid, I remember watching her at home doing the New Year countdown in 2015 I think it was, I wasn't out being I was still getting over a break-up, was laying on the couch half tore after several cans, I remember and I was no form for being in a pub on new years and she was on doing the countdown and the roaring out of her, pure rough, sounded like a Saturday night of some bird outside Abrakebabra bawling at her boyfriend for being a prick. That kind of sound!

And I was like, I don't know which is worse, listening to this shyte or being out watching other people get the shift at midnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Robbie Keane lately. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    That Carlow accent of hers would make ya flaccid, I remember watching her at home doing the New Year countdown in 2015 I think it was, I wasn't out being I was still getting over a break-up, was laying on the couch half tore after several cans, I remember and I was no form for being in a pub on new years and she was on doing the countdown and the roaring out of her, pure rough, sounded like a Saturday night of some bird outside Abrakebabra bawling at her boyfriend for being a prick. That kind of sound!

And I was like, I don't know which is worse, listening to this shyte or being out watching other people get the shift at midnight!

She could roar her head off in her best Carlow accent and it would only spur me on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Does Carlow actually exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

valoren wrote: »
    To be fair, he was woefully miscast in that role. Something Peter Jackson himself called a mistake. They needed an older actor. Aragorn is supposedly 87 years old in the books.
    Apparently he was training for two months and they let him go the day before filming started and didn't pay him.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

Johnny Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Tina Turner

Chris De Burgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

pawdee wrote: »
    Chris De Burgh

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Glenda Gilson, she makes me seethe

Boy George, Conor McGregor....hang on, sorry I misread the question. Inexplicably? Only Tina Turner and Boy George.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Aw, the poor white privileged straight male threatened by homosexuality.

Do you know what it must be like to be gay in a straight world? 'in your face'? Do you realise how 'in your face' heterosexuality is? Look at Billboards, look at movies, look around at straight couple's PDAs, look at school books, sex education.

Do you deem female pop artists who flaunt their sexuality as 'sad insecure emotionally crippled human beings', or is that reserved for homosexual men?

Let me guess, you're so terribly un-homophobic because there's a closet gay in your group and 'he's alright as long as he keeps his hands to himself'.

It wasn't me you asked but I agreed with that poster so yes, I feel the same about overtly exhibitionist sexualised behaviour from female pop artists.

Otherwise I kind of agree that straight couples are far better represented...but that doesn't negate their point about in your face *behaviour*.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

Ray37 wrote: »
    Glenda Gilson, she makes me seethe

Plus 1 there

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Davina McCall, I refuse to watch any show she is on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Eddie Jordan and Lewis Hamilton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

The mayo golkeeper was such a dick today and everyone said he would have been the hero last year you fuc ked up Daley boy ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dónal Skeehan . I just do , he seems so damn smug all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Does Carlow actually exist?

Saoirse Ronan has a mix of one, I think-it's like Dublin/ Carlow one. But she's cute tho (has a terrible choice of films, however-Scarlet Witch in Avengers was offered to her. She turned it down to do the Host).

She's someone who was annoying me, but she's got a cute butt. And I'm a guy, so sue me.

Chloe Moretz I'm disappointed in-like, she was this really talented actress, then it all screeched to a halt. (Some of her movies--ugh). Now it's like she's being the typical paparazzi 'famous for something good years ago' and keeping her name in the media via dating a Beckham. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Saoirse Ronan has a mix of one, I think-it's like Dublin/ Carlow one. But she's cute tho (has a terrible choice of films, however-Scarlet Witch in Avengers was offered to her. She turned it down to do the Host).

She's someone who was annoying me, but she's got a cute butt. And I'm a guy, so sue me.

Chloe Moretz I'm disappointed in-like, she was this really talented actress, then it all screeched to a halt. (Some of her movies--ugh). Now it's like she's being the typical paparazzi 'famous for something good years ago' and keeping her name in the media via dating a Beckham. Shame.

Maybe she hasn't been offered anything good...if I was her I'd probably want to keep my name out there as it seems to be important for getting roles?

What was she in that you liked? I have only seen her in Dark Shadows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭redandwhite

Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Donal ****ing Skeehan. I want to literally choke him with his disgusting pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

The only reason Donal ****ing Skeehan has a TV show is because his daddy works for RTE, pure ****e he is. A few years ago he tried his hand at being in a boyband "Streetwize", but he couldn't sing.

The missus was at one of his cooking demos a while ago, the ****er couldn't even cook, kept making mistakes and had to have other people correct his mistakes for him.

What a muppet, can't stand the smily faced prick.

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

davo2001 wrote: »
    The only reason Donal ****ing Skeehan has a TV show is because his daddy works for RTE, pure ****e he is. A few years ago he tried his hand at being in a boyband "Streetwize", but he couldn't sing.

The missus was at one of his cooking demos a while ago, the ****er couldn't even cook, kept making mistakes and had to have other people correct his mistakes for him.

What a muppet, can't stand the smily faced prick.

/rant.

What surprises me most about the whole thing is that he is married to a woman. Is anyone else just completely baffled by this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Grainne Seoige

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

Jim Gavin he seems so like smug prick all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Joe Lindsey who presents Getaways . Such a plonker

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Carole Malone. But then I do have a reason. She opened her mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Maybe she hasn't been offered anything good...if I was her I'd probably want to keep my name out there as it seems to be important for getting roles?

What was she in that you liked? I have only seen her in Dark Shadows.

She's more than likely being offered good stuff, she's still a cash grab, but she's choosing some films that are just potential money grabs-Neighbours 2 for one. She's in the poster, despite hardly being in the film. She's got a movie directed by Neil Jordan, in the future, but Jordan is...hit or miss. (I love Interview with the Vampire, Butcher Boy and how he can get a great performance out of actors you underestimate. But then Ondine was a travesty (When Colin Farrell said he couldn't do an Irish accent, and then did a horrendous Cork accent) and In Dreams is terrible. )

Doing the 'media' thing is annoying because she used to be the total opposite-and now it's like she's veering close to the Emma Watson schtick.

Movies I liked her in and are good -Kick @ss- she played Hit Girl. The first is a really good film, the second is just a trash heap of a mess. But she does good in both, it's just the second is badly written.

She's also good in 500 days of summer, and Hugo. She's in the remake of Let the right one In, but I don't care for remakes so I didn't see it.

Seems like when she hit her teens or so, her acting got worse. She's 20 now, and it's like the movies she makes keep getting worse.

Advertisement