Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

jooksavage wrote: »

Actually a hilarious movie!

"I like pizza, I LIKE IT!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Oh God..............I feel nauseous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

coastwatch wrote: »
    Anthony McPartlin (Ant)

Can I thank that twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Martin Freeman, something about that little rodent face of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I can't stand 'in your face' gay men.

You like and sleep with men. Yes okay...we get it. But do you really need to bang on about it every 2 minutes..are you afraid we will forget or are you worried that we will see the real you...a sad insecure emotionally crippled human being?

I'm heterosexual...there you go I've said it. I don't go on about it and make a big old drama about it.

Aw, the poor white privileged straight male threatened by homosexuality.

Do you know what it must be like to be gay in a straight world? 'in your face'? Do you realise how 'in your face' heterosexuality is? Look at Billboards, look at movies, look around at straight couple's PDAs, look at school books, sex education.

Do you deem female pop artists who flaunt their sexuality as 'sad insecure emotionally crippled human beings', or is that reserved for homosexual men?

Let me guess, you're so terribly un-homophobic because there's a closet gay in your group and 'he's alright as long as he keeps his hands to himself'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Actually a hilarious movie!

"I like pizza, I LIKE IT!!"

"Bye Steve"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Aw, the poor white privileged straight male threatened by homosexuality.

Do you know what it must be like to be gay in a straight world? 'in your face'? Do you realise how 'in your face' heterosexuality is? Look at Billboards, look at movies, look around at straight couple's PDAs, look at school books, sex education.

Do you deem female pop artists who flaunt their sexuality as 'sad insecure emotionally crippled human beings', or is that reserved for homosexual men?

Let me guess, you're so terribly un-homophobic because there's a closet gay in your group and 'he's alright as long as he keeps his hands to himself'.

Swing and a miss, there Walrus, swing and a miss...

Assumed their race, assumed their gender, and assumed their sexuality. :rolleyes:

First of all, nobody's complaining about being lgbtqia- or heterosexual. It's the 'in your face' types who literally use their sexuality as their only defining feature. They have no personality-similar to the usual 'in your face heterosexuals' who talk about using another individual for their own benefits-without caring for the person. (Marco Pierre White's douchey son for example-dude was cheating on his fiance, in plain view-and then played the victim).
    All those examples you cite are wrong, yes, but that's not to say two wrongs make a right. Also, it's hard to speak about sex ed to lgbt people when roughly 10 percent of people are lgbt-and very reluctant to talk about being lgbt.

The original example is someone like this guy, for instance.

I think we would all view those people who flaunt and promote their sexuality 'as flawed, broken' individuals-because in a few years, time-they're lost. They have no identity. Look at Britney Spears, for example-she had a breakdown when that was all that she was-and she still has no personality. She's legally managed by her dad due to her mental vacancy.

"Bye Steve"

"See ya Steve!"

"Hey, here's your pizza!" (fires it like a frisby)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Lottie Ryan, Talentless and poster child for Nepotism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Roz Purcell trying to sell 100s of products on her social media gets on my wick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Assumed their race, assumed their gender, and assumed their sexuality. :rolleyes:

I got all 3 right.

Funny video.

I got all 3 right.

Funny video.

Just the sexuality-but they told you that.:cool:

The rest is guessing.

Roz Purcell trying to sell 100s of products on her social media gets on my wick

She has that irritating voice-doesn't she? Dunno what it is. It's just a 'nothing behind the eyes' kind of voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Lottie Ryan, Talentless and poster child for Nepotism

Nail on the head. If RTE hired on merit alone she'd be out on her arse in the morning.

Noveight wrote: »
    Nail on the head. If RTE hired on merit alone she'd be out on her arse in the morning.

RTE's special guest on the Late Late Show last Friday was a frikking sheep, and continue's to employ Ray D'Arcy...

Getting Hired at RTE seems to be more baffling than a Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Meanwhile, TV3's guests on The 6 0'Clock Show one week were-Joe Pantoliano from the Sopranos and Sense8, and John Wesley Shipp from The Flash (90's show, and the current TV show) as well as playing the dad in Dawson's Creek.
    And guess who gets most of the TV license...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Michael McIntyre, some channel seems to have him on 24 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Rita Ora, I just can't stand her. She looks like she needs a good wash.

Noveight wrote: »

That's RTE for you, a golden circle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Joe Rogan. I bet he's an awful pr*ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Don't know what it is about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

All the judges on the X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent. Most of them are just has beens now. The rest are just utter gobsh*tes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    That's RTE for you, a golden circle

Yep, its the kind of station where if you played a baby in Glenroe you have a job for life (Blathnaid Treacy). I don't see any of her other TwoTube workers getting employment in RTE, she has a cushy job in RTE radio, the lotto and Dancing with the Stars. And she will still be in RTE in 10 yrs time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kathryn Thomas. That annoying voice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Autosport wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas. That annoying voice

As I have said numerous times in this thread already when Kathryn Thomas has been mentioned - I still would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

Great post

Can't stand Stephen Fry-don't know why
    Also Brendan o Carroll-looks like he smells like carrots and fags.
    Brendan O Connor-really because he's an annoying twat.
    Ronan keating -looks like he has bad breath. His new wife too with the stupid name-constantly posting bikini pics after having a baby to show the world She is thin. I had a baby too-in fact I had 3 and I'm skinny-I don't need to shove it down people's throats
    Pippa O Connor-just a waste of oxygen and all those insta fitness/beauty bloggers-prostituting themselves to the highest bidders.
    God I sound so full of hate!

Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Don't know what it is about him.

Everything about him-He's Johnathan O'Keefe, but would rather be poncy. He gets tons of chances but throws it away on drinking. He can't act to save his life, but gets tons of roles he definitely doesn't deserve. He talks all 'Hollywood' but it's like 'Fer gawds sake, O'Keefe-you're a fella who didn't even do the Junior cert from a small place in Cork-don't be a plonker all your life'.
    Like, he's never convincing-you just see this wooden acting style that him and Stuart Townsend (who are close friends) both do-stare for long periods of times, and let people think you're acting.

His wife needed him now more than ever-due to a miscarriage. Instead, he fecked off and got hammered creating more of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Everything about him-He's Johnathan O'Keefe, but would rather be poncy. He gets tons of chances but throws it away on drinking. He can't act to save his life, but gets tons of roles he definitely doesn't deserve. He talks all 'Hollywood' but it's like 'Fer gawds sake, O'Keefe-you're a fella who didn't even do the Junior cert from a small place in Cork-don't be a plonker all your life'.
    Like, he's never convincing-you just see this wooden acting style that him and Stuart Townsend (who are close friends) both do-stare for long periods of times, and let people think you're acting.

His wife needed him now more than ever-due to a miscarriage. Instead, he fecked off and got hammered creating more of a problem.

stuart townsend - what ever happened to him?! didn't realize he was mates with Okeefe. They always reminded me of each other though! Two sh*te pretty boy Irish actors.

stuart townsend - what ever happened to him?! didn't realize he was mates with Okeefe. They always reminded me of each other though! Two sh*te pretty boy Irish actors.
    (I know way too much about some of these people, incl Townsend)

When the acting career was stalling, he became an environmental 'campaigner' (as did O'Keefe)-to protect the hill of Tara...fat lot of use that did. Then was an environmentalist for a while-and again, all to keep himself in the public eye.

Started calling Charlize Theron his 'wife'-they never married, but were together for a good 9 years or so. (He almost ruined her career too-he gave her 'advice' during their relationship. Three of the worst films of her career were made with him-Trapped, Head in the Clouds, and Aeon Flux (he got a cameo)). He then thought he was good enough to be a director, and made the boring Battle in Seattle-oh, and conned Charlize into being in it. That was the only film he directed.
    A ton of Irish papers (Sunday World, I'm lookin' at chu) were always hyping this guy up as some kind of wunderkind, even when many others surpassed him and were actually making money/ big films. And then Townsend got the big break of his career-Aragorn in LoTR...and was fired before shooting (Viggo Mortensen nailed that role, tbh). He got roles in Queen of the Damned, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-if you've seen those movies, you know they are unimaginably bad. Both those movies flopped (and both were adaptations of superior, and beloved, books).

He migrated to TV (The Night Stalker, XIII, Betrayal-all cancelled after a one season of 13 episodes). And then came his next big break- Fandral in Marvel's Thor... and then he was fired before shooting began, he was 6 hours late to a costume fitting. (By this time Theron dumped him, and the Irish 'hyping him up' papers were like 'Stuart, you massive idiot plonker').

Apparently he's married now, I think she's Fijian, and has at least one kid. His brother was on some RTE reality show (that all involved hated-not joking) and shares the same traits as his bro-as well as saying Stuart is married now. Was on an episode of L&O: SVU this year, but only sporadically works nowadays-as in years between gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Clara B wrote: »
    Great post

Can't stand Stephen Fry-don't know why
    Also Brendan o Carroll-looks like he smells like carrots and fags.
    Brendan O Connor-really because he's an annoying twat.
    Ronan keating -looks like he has bad breath. His new wife too with the stupid name-constantly posting bikini pics after having a baby to show the world She is thin. I had a baby too-in fact I had 3 and I'm skinny-I don't need to shove it down people's throats
    Pippa O Connor-just a waste of oxygen and all those insta fitness/beauty bloggers-prostituting themselves to the highest bidders.
    God I sound so full of hate!

394.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well he's from Cork City so not a small place! But saying that he's from The Glen so still no excuse for the double barrel name! They definitely don't appreciate that sort of stuff!
    73Cat wrote: »
    Rita Ora, I just can't stand her. She looks like she needs a good wash.
    Hell of an agent though, she seems to be constantly around too, even though you like, like a lot of us can't stand her. I know someone that met her, she's a hairdresser, her people called to ask for the salon to be closed to allow her get her hair done. They told her come in at 5 and they charged her for sending the girls home early. She didn't turn up until 7:30. They tripled the charge for the inconvenience, her PA just apologised for the hassle and paid without question. Apparently she was quite nice while there though.

Advertisement