Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Danny from the Coronas and his hanger on sister and wannabe famous cousin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Every last one of then fcukers in an Aldi add :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

BLathnaid Ni Chofaigh- SOOOOO much sh!t has been said about her being a bully/bitch/hard to work with etc and she doesn't acknowledge any of it whilst continuing to smile from the cover of RTE Guide every single year. If she even just said "Yes, I was difficult years ago but I have changed now" that may make her a fraction more likeable but I have always just taken a dislike to her, call it instinct or intuition, she comes across incredibly fake and someone who believes their own hype that they are somehow golden at RTE.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

danganabu wrote: »
    Every last one of then fcukers in an Aldi add :mad:
    YES! Thank you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That Dil woman. I turned the radio on in the car earlier and what was the first thing I heard?
    "I'm triggered right now because I was homeless for four years".

Sufferin' Jaysus does she ever stop.

Absolutely. A complete flake. Her radio show was car crash stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

anna080 wrote: »
    This one is probably awful but Princess Diana! More so the obsession with her, rather than her personally- mainly because she is dead.
    Lordy she's 20 bloody years dead and this recent resurgence of her everywhere in the media is bloody annoying.

One of the Gallagher brothers said it best (can't remember if it was noel or Liam) but they said what if it was his mother that died... You wouldn't get the same reaction. So why should Diana.

We all know it is sad what happened to the woman. However the media just lashed onto it and wouldn't let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

That Dil woman. I turned the radio on in the car earlier and what was the first thing I heard?
    "I'm triggered right now because I was homeless for four years".

Sufferin' Jaysus does she ever stop.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Absolutely. A complete flake. Her radio show was car crash stuff.

She is one of a growing number of people (along with the likes of yer wan una mullally) whose only talent is the ability to spew pc bull****e to such a degree that they make a career out of it. They are the modern equivalent of the seers who interpreted animal entrails for the awestruck idiots of a few thousand years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

What's a dil woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What's a dil woman?

A penis shaped vegetable that is only palatable after being drowned in a sealed jar of vinegar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

He has probably been mentioned already in this thread. Al Porter. He's about as funny as food poisoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I was going to nominate Morrissey, but that'd would be cheating as it's not inexplicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

blueser wrote: »
    I was going to nominate Morrissey, but that'd would be cheating as it's not inexplicable.

Yeah.He talks far too much ****e during the middle of matches.I wish someone would tell him that nobody gives a **** about what the players nicknames are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Gravelly wrote: »
    She is one of a growing number of people (along with the likes of yer wan una mullally) whose only talent is the ability to spew pc bull****e to such a degree that they make a career out of it. They are the modern equivalent of the seers who interpreted animal entrails for the awestruck idiots of a few thousand years ago.

That cluster of whiners makes abortion look positively attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

BLathnaid Ni Chofaigh- SOOOOO much sh!t has been said about her being a bully/bitch/hard to work with etc and she doesn't acknowledge any of it whilst continuing to smile from the cover of RTE Guide every single year. If she even just said "Yes, I was difficult years ago but I have changed now" that may make her a fraction more likeable but I have always just taken a dislike to her, call it instinct or intuition, she comes across incredibly fake and someone who believes their own hype that they are somehow golden at RTE.

She is seriously fit.

For me it's Maclean Burke.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

She is seriously fit.

I met her a few months ago and despite my best efforts I found her to be surprisingly polite.

She wasn't wearing makeup and all I could think was that she must own a trowel or two. Fit didn't spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

This is what happens when you give gingers the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Yeah.He talks far too much ****e during the middle of matches.I wish someone would tell him that nobody gives a **** about what the players nicknames are.
    ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Every pretentious knob on The Restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

jooksavage wrote: »
    Ian O'Doherty. Although my disdain is perfectly explicable: wearingly predictable opinion vendor who gets trotted out whenever a debate topic is short on contrary non-experts.

Do not like O'Doherty and most of his biased sugar coated views on Israel, the US Republican party and his pro-West wars stance. I only agree with him on occasion maybe about the awful modern Irish country music the Irish media force on us or about ISIS being evil.

BUT the point is however one views the likes of O'Doherty's opinions, the main thing I object to is he can make a living out of being a biased resident 'expert' on every topic. There are plenty lads over in the pub who are willing to do this for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

So...explicable then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Fcukers from the back end of nowhere throwing on an accent and discussing presentation and the "flavour palette" as if they won't go home and put a ready meal in the microwave. Fcuk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Seth Meyers. Makes me want to volunteer for the Trump 2020 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Lena Dunham! Should be wiped off the face of the Earth.

The barman from first dates Ireland, seems a bit of a knob.

Holly Carpenter

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lena Dunham! Should be wiped off the face of the Earth.
    I had an awful distaste for her as well, I watched her TV show Girls and with each episode my dislike for her grew and grew.
    Then when I realised that it was what she actually wanted the viewers to feel, it made me appreciate her cleverness as a person and that it was all a ruse for me to dislike a TV character.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Zhou Chanming.
    He works in a radio factory in Wuhan, China.

I loathe and detest the man with a passion which shall burn till the end of time!

The barman from first dates Ireland, seems a bit of a knob.

Another excellent choice, perfect for this thread! Just something about him that I know I wouldn't feel comfortable hanging around with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Joe Brolly, exactly what the fcuk does he know about GAA anyway? He seems a thoroughly unpleasant man who has admitted he likes to bully junior barristers in his job just to give him a high and talks through his ass when hes on the panel. Needs to be knocked out.

Johnny Depp.

Paul Costelloe.

Dave Fanning.

Ray Kennedy who reads the news.

Alan Hughes.

I don't know why but rugby player Sean Cronin as well, something annoying about him for me even though my gut tells me he is a good guy. I think it's related to how in Ireland the national teams rugby players enjoy higher status, along with less turnover of players and pressure for places, than their soccer counterparts who had a much steeper pyramid of people to climb through in order to play at such a high level. Cronin to me, when I see him just slamming into an opposing teams player, reminds me of the fact that rugby is not that skillful of a sport and is hyped in this country over and above the level it should be and that our national team doesn't get criticised when it performs badly in the same way the soccer team does. He has national fame and status, along with the other rugby players, despite the fact rugby is not cared about on an everyday level by most people in the country and professional rugby players rely more on their physique than anything else.

Which reminds me (in the interests of fairness to the sports!): Robbie Keane. I know objectively he is our greatest striker ever but I just don't like him. It's weird though, this seems to be a common feeling towards him, even among Ireland football fans who know how good he was. I have a theory that it's due to the way the human mind works in relation to connotations - we all subconsciously compare him with Roy Keane (due to his surname and playing around the same time) who was a much greater player, a more interesting, charasmatic and likeable character and we come to the conclusion that we don't like Robbie Keane who was a lesser player but who seemed more brash and big-headed, something that grates with Irish people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Johnny Depp.

Paul Costelloe.

Dave Fanning.

Ray Kennedy who reads the news.

Alan Hughes.

I don't know why but rugby player Sean Cronin as well, something annoying about him for me even though my gut tells me he is a good guy. I think it's related to how in Ireland the national teams rugby players enjoy higher status, along with less turnover of players and pressure for places, than their soccer counterparts who had a much steeper pyramid of people to climb through in order to play at such a high level. Cronin to me, when I see him just slamming into an opposing teams player, reminds me of the fact that rugby is not that skillful of a sport and is hyped in this country over and above the level it should be and that our national team doesn't get criticised when it performs badly in the same way the soccer team does. He has national fame and status, along with the other rugby players, despite the fact rugby is not cared about on an everyday level by most people in the country and professional rugby players rely more on their physique than anything else.

Which reminds me (in the interests of fairness to the sports!): Robbie Keane. I know objectively he is our greatest striker ever but I just don't like him. It's weird though, this seems to be a common feeling towards him, even among Ireland football fans who know how good he was. I have a theory that it's due to the way the human mind works in relation to connotations - we all subconsciously compare him with Roy Keane (due to his surname and playing around the same time) who was a much greater player, a more interesting, charasmatic and likeable character and we come to the conclusion that we don't like Robbie Keane who was a lesser player but who seemed more brash and big-headed, something that grates with Irish people.

Jaysus...that's a long list. Reminds of that Father Ted episode where he has a list of enemies almost as long as yours!

Advertisement