Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

All doughnuts annoy me because I just don't see their appeal, but they aren't people, so probably don't belong on this thread. 😉Although I think I've heard people being referred to as 'doughnuts' in an uncomplimentary way. 🍩

Eoghan Corry, the sports and travel writer, annoys me. Since the first time I saw him being interviewed, I took an immediate dislike to him, so when I saw him on Ireland AM last week chatting to Elaine Crowley and calling her 'Muireann', I quite enjoyed it. (I know that's very petty.) 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Ryan Turbridy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Shane Horkan, a rugby twat of the highest degree. I would include Heaslip can’t remember his first name in that bracket too. Their posh voices alone make me throw up in my mouth.

Also Horkan’s sister Sharon. She us so overrated, all her tv shows that I tried to watch are dreadful. She’s not much better than Amy Huberman but thinks she is some sort of Oscar level actress just because she moved to London.

I quite like Brian O’Driscoll tho he doesn’t seem to be a rugby twat at all. I guess that is because he was reared in Dublin north side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Conor Pope,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Stanley 1

John Delaney and Beverley Cooper Flynn, what a power couple they would make.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I call him Conor Dope. He rehashes the same rubbish all the time and gets paid for it. I wouldn't mind his job 😁

He was brutal on Claire Byrne the other night, same nonsense.

Remember the time a few years ago when he had egg all over his face by suggesting that people could save on average 2k on their yearly mortgage by paying it fortnightly and not monthly - he miscalculated that there are 26 bi-weekly payments in a year and not 24! Dope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ian O'Doherty

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

The cùnt who does the voiceover ads for PaddyPower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Oliver Callan.

Especially when he tries to be serious and give his opinion like I could give a fcuk what the twat thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those artsy folks that dress up every year on Bloomsday, and done so today too to mark the 100th anniversary of Ulysses. And those sort of "tourists" that visit a place just because it featured in a tv show or whatever.

It's only fiction lads. And if Ulysses is so great, how come so many say they find it difficult to read, and why hasn't there been a mainstream television adaptation of it?

I have a vague memory from my childhood of a cartoon called Ulysses. I think it was set in space or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Do you really want to see Amy Huberman playing Molly Bloom?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’ve never understood why so many people “give up” on ‘Ulysses’, either, C. I get that the punctuation disappears near the end but, overall, it’s a great read.

The book, itself, is made up of different “episodes”, if you try read it through without realising situations have changed you’ll just end up confused and annoyed.

I should, also, point out that lots of great works have been deemed “unfilmable”, that shouldn’t take away from their, overall, worth. Would be interesting to see how the Nighttown scene in the ‘Circe’ episode would go down, though. It gets, quite, graphic…and strange.

Whatever about the pageantry of ‘Bloomsday’ the book, ‘Ulysses’, is an exceptional and, ultimately, rewarding work.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Rob Lipsett. This complete twat is making a living out of filming himself living his best life, and is considered an athlete because he goes to the gym obsessively and has a few muscles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Ulysses 31, French/Japanese cartoon from 1981, Greek mythology nothing to do with the book. 92% on rotten tomatoes apparently , the cartoon, that is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Cormac Ó hEadhra and his insistence on exaggerating the pronunciation of anything in irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Yep that’s him. Little rich boy went to school In Clongowes and is now a YouTube fitness ‘athlete’. Young mostly lads and probably some girls pay these guys a monthly subscription for advice on their dieting, shredding, lifting, exercise. And the videos these guys post on YouTube and Instagram are the most inane and vacuous crap you can look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Quite the opposite in fact. His first language is Irish. He tries to tone down the vocal cords when he's speaking English (unsuccessfully sometimes).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Xander10

I accidentally stumbled across Ireland AM and got 2 for the price of 1. Simon Delaney stuffing his face with food and his female co presenter, her name escapes me, who I struggle to listen to anything she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,211 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Listen pal, this thread was rocking along in an enjoyable, funny way until you showed up.

You posts indicate that all you want to do is disrupt it and turn it into a confrontational issue.

You have form on other threads with rubbish posting, don’t fuuhrke up this one, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sandz066

Regardless of his family connections he's an absolutely painful individual (based on social media admittedly).

He kept coming up as a suggested page for me on Instagram so I followed him momentarily (thank you algorithms). Extremely posed pictures and nonsense captions. Post on Christmas day "Merry Lipsmas everybody" ffs

He is surrounded by similar minded people, all his close mates are also Instagram/YouTube/fitness/lifestyle bloggers. They live in Dubai, Marbella or Bali and take about 10 foreign holidays a year.The new in-place to go to is Tulum in Mexico. They make videos of themselves eating out for breakfast and it is always the best breakfast ever. Then they spend the afternoon lifting weights in the gym before ‘sending it’ at the various beach bars in the evenings. And his Australian bird seems like a total bimbo. I only watch their videos to see how bizarre the whole scene is, but this is what young people spend their time watching now instead of tv shows and films.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Happy Pear lads.... insufferible.

Sosueme. And her whole keeping up with the Kardashian’s family.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Alonzo Balmaské

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Archeron

Brian Blessed.

People who are talented singers don't sing everything, talented mime artists don't mime everything, so people who are good at shouting should occasionally stop shouting.

Advertisement