Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Mattie McGrath
    Another headline grabbing statement just to be seen. The other rural independents just as bad, using the crisis for their own agenda but in reality this has shown them up to be totally useless and out of their depth

Three years into this (great) thread and many still struggling with the meaning of the word 'inexplicably' :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

David Attenborough

For the love of god step aside and allow someone else to speak, selfish egomaniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Three years into this (great) thread and many still struggling with the meaning of the word 'inexplicably' :pac:

It's more ignoring than struggling, so many ***** out there, its useful to name them

David Attenborough

For the love of god step aside and allow someone else to speak, selfish egomaniac.

Attenborough is just a telly presenter yet people take what he says as infallible fact, this man is not some scientific expert on wildlife and ecology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

David Attenborough

His voice really grates on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

SeBBreathnach

Same old rubbish out of him all the time, on tg4 now, what does it do? I'm genuinely confused by him, is he a TV presenter or a lick arse cheerleader? He's like if bosco came to live, everything is uafch or mn fear. Could never get a handle on what he actually does, apart from being a West of Ireland spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

David Attenborough

And maybe take Greta Turnbuckle with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

And maybe take Greta Turnbuckle with him!

Sounds like an episode of Dateline in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Seán Bán Breathnach
    I remember him on the telly when I was very young and he seemed old then , that was 45years ago
    I saw him doing pitch-side commentary two weekends ago on TG4. I think it was rugby, but maybe not.

• Advertisement

I saw him doing pitch-side commentary two weekends ago on TG4. I think it was rugby, but maybe not.

I've kind of given up on ordinary telly, just watch random Netflix and Amazon

Attenborough is just a telly presenter yet people take what he says as infallible fact, this man is not some scientific expert on wildlife and ecology

Not true at all, he won a scholarship to Cambridge where he studied Zoology for his degree. He would’ve kept up with advances through his work.

Not true at all, he won a scholarship to Cambridge where he studied Zoology for his degree. He would’ve kept up with advances through his work.

Would he? His degree would have been late 40s before he went into TV, next period spent in BBC programming, televised Snooker being his biggest achievement,

Would he? His degree would have been late 40s before he went into TV, next period spent in BBC programming, televised Snooker being his biggest achievement,

He would have yes. He was working in zoological programming (which he more or less invented) within a few years, it’s not like his degree suddenly became irrelevant.

The shows are for a general audience and so don’t rely on detailed expert level explanations in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Vicki Phelan.

There! I've said it.

Obviously I have total sympathy for the situation she finds herself in, but she really seems to have disappeared up her own arse since she moved to America for experimental treatment to try and prolong her life.

THIS SHOULD BE HER #1 PRIORITY IMHO.

Does she really need to be giving what feels like endless media interviews, Instagram updates, comments on legislative bills and she now has a bloody podcast.

I can't help thinking she's getting some very bad advice behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Vicki Phelan.

There! I've said it.

Obviously I have total sympathy for the situation she finds herself in, but she really seems to have disappeared up her own arse since she moved to America for experimental treatment to try and prolong her life.

THIS SHOULD BE HER #1 PRIORITY IMHO.

Does she really need to be giving what feels like endless media interviews, Instagram updates, comments on legislative bills and she now has a bloody podcast.

I can't help thinking she's getting some very bad advice behind the scenes.

I think the same.

She seems to have an opinion on everything and never misses her chance for a soundbite.

People will say it's not her fault etc but if she really wanted to she could have a private life but she's chooses to be in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Where are you hearing/seeing her? The last I heard from her was on the radio when she’d just find over to America.

Haven’t heard anything since.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

Where are you hearing/seeing her? The last I heard from her was on the radio when she’d just find over to America.

Haven’t heard anything since.

She's very often on social media and the papers. I actually think she's been in the media more since she went to America than she ever was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

David Attenborough

From what I'm seeing on BBC ....Liz Bonin is his successor.

I've always had a soft spot of her....she's an absolute ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Same old rubbish out of him all the time, on tg4 now, what does it do? I'm genuinely confused by him, is he a TV presenter or a lick arse cheerleader? He's like if bosco came to live, everything is uafch or mn fear. Could never get a handle on what he actually does, apart from being a West of Ireland spoofer

Ah he's great 'craic', like Hector ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I remember him on the telly when I was very young and he seemed old then , that was 45years ago

Same here, he was probably in his late 20/30s then but he had that terrible balding on top, growing out at the sides, hairstyle that made him look about twenty years older.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

David Attenborough

Can you give some examples?

Trump for his determination to build a coastal barrier. And all his fanbase for trolling Gore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

YFlyer wrote: »
    Trump for his determination to build a coastal barrier. And all his fanbase for trolling Gore.

A coastal barrier that will protect Doonbeg golf course, and all the surrounding farms ? You know the locals support him right ?

A coastal barrier that will protect Doonbeg golf course, and all the surrounding farms ? You know the locals support him right ?

Yes I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Ah he's great 'craic', like Hector ;)

Hector would be another one funny enough. Very good at telling jokes when Paddy Power gave him a few quid to tell them, grumpy bollox otherwise. Why the horse racing Ireland crowd would think he was a good choice for poster boy was slightly confusing, he would promote selling dog **** if there was a few quid in it for him. Vicky Phelan is a bit harsh, the girl will be dead soon, so leave her talk away while she can, it must be horrendous dealing with a terminal illness, and the circumstances of it are cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hector would be another one funny enough. Very good at telling jokes when Paddy Power gave him a few quid to tell them, grumpy bollox otherwise. Why the horse racing Ireland crowd would think he was a good choice for poster boy was slightly confusing, he would promote selling dog **** if there was a few quid in it for him. Vicky Phelan is a bit harsh, the girl will be dead soon, so leave her talk away while she can, it must be horrendous dealing with a terminal illness, and the circumstances of it are cruel.

But Vicky Phelan fits the thread perfectly, because it is inexplicable.
    Hector is an annoying git, so its not really inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Hector's going bald as well now, and he's trying to 'comb it forward' to hide it. It's cringe.

Especially since he has the same haircut (barring the bald patch) he's had since he began in TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

As for inexplicable annoyance, Jack Reynor.

No clue why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Hector's going bald as well now, and he's trying to 'comb it forward' to hide it. It's cringe.

Especially since he has the same haircut (barring the bald patch) he's had since he began in TV.

A comb forward, so to speak!

Advertisement