Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw 37 - Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Blind and Kos lads, what do I do with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Looking at a -12
    Walcott -> Sanchez
    Jaku -> Caballero
    Pieters -> Holding
    Mawson -> Monreal

Gives me 14 DGW players plus King. Although not sure if DDG or Valencia will get much gametime. Or could leave Mawson in place and go Eriksen to KDB and only have 13 DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

To keep lukaku or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Is double Southampton and double Arsenal defence overkill for gw37 if using bb?

I'm considering double Saints and Triple Arsenal!
    Basically already have double of each and considering bringing in Holding for Holgate of Everton.

Would that be overkill overkill? or what other good defender costing 4.5m or less has DGW and decent chance of points?

Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Punt suggestions for DGW players please. Would love to hear the forum thoughts on -

DGW differentials and
    Mr Prodston* style off the wall DGW differentials.

*Obviously talking about previous seasons Prodstons, not this year's sensible and boring version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Punt suggestions for DGW players please. Would love to hear the forum thoughts on -

DGW differentials and

*Obviously talking about previous seasons Prodstons, not this year's sensible and boring version

Bellerin if Ox is ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm not sure what to do with my transfer this week, if anything.

I have all DGWers for this week except King and with Bench Boost played therefore a few selection decisions.

Also stuck with my new most hated FPL players, Gabriel Pricklista.

Questions:

1. Is going without Arsenal defensive cover foolish. Most will have at least one and they have better clean sheet potential that last week where they average 12-15 points. The only straight swap I can do is Gabriel to Holding, and my luck in terms of risky Arsenal defs is not in. I'd probably need -4 to afford Mustafi or Monreal.

2. Is it worth making transfers to swap one DGW player for another? I'd love Aguero if hes fit but hard to justify the -4 (at least) it would take to swap him for Jesus and downgrade someone like Hazard to cover it.

3. Selection question. Play Albrighton (mci, TOT) or King (BUR) or use AOA and play both at the expense of Fuchs?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I'm considering double Saints and Triple Arsenal!
    Basically already have double of each and considering bringing in Holding for Holgate of Everton.

Would that be overkill overkill? or what other good defender costing 4.5m or less has DGW and decent chance of points?

Thanks for any replies.

Holding def the value assuming he starts (would hold off for news on Kos first). Unless u took a hit to move one of your other def to say Chelsea/City defence who have great fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

-8 for a second week running, hoping it's as successful this time around:

Jaku, Mee, De Roon out;
    Caballero, Benalouane, Ndidi in

Leicester injury news means pulling the trigger on Benalouane. Granted, the news also makes them a less attractive prospect defensively, but the only way I could afford Caballero was to get a 4.0 defender. The two transfers gave me enough ITB for De Roon to Ndidi, bringing me to 14 DGWers for my BB.

Had to move today because I have 0.0 ITB with Willy still on the brink of rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

DGW differentials and

Vardy. Slightly tempted to get him in for Kane!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@FHFC why not Gabriel to Gibbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

FHFC wrote: »

I have all DGWers for this week except King and with Bench Boost played therefore a few selection decisions.

Questions:

1. Is going without Arsenal defensive cover foolish. Most will have at least one and they have better clean sheet potential that last week where they average 12-15 points. The only straight swap I can do is Gabriel to Holding, and my luck in terms of risky Arsenal defs is not in. I'd probably need -4 to afford Mustafi or Monreal.

2. Is it worth making transfers to swap one DGW player for another? I'd love Aguero if hes fit but hard to justify the -4 (at least) it would take to swap him for Jesus and downgrade someone like Hazard to cover it.

3. Selection question. Play Albrighton (mci, TOT) or King (BUR) or use AOA and play both at the expense of Fuchs?

3 for me. With the news Huth/Morgan out can't see see them keeping a clean sheet whereas they've scored quite a few lately so Albrighton could get some attacking returns. King starting is a must against a burnley side already safe and 2 centre halfs out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Will be playing BB and have 11 dgw' players along with Lukaku, King, Chambers and Holgate with .5 left in the bank.
    Already after using free transfer, and considering transferring Lukaku and Chambers to Costa and Stephens or Holding, just not sure if it's worth a -8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

DGW differentials and

Punt suggestions only, and i almost brought in and captained Walcott the GW gone so it can backfire.
     Kone, Billy Jones, Khazri (Sunderland) Trippier (Spurs), 

Thats about as off the wall with a hint of logic i can think of

DGW differentials and

Punt suggestions only, and i almost brought in and captained Walcott the GW gone so it can backfire.
     Kone, Billy Jones, Khazri (Sunderland) Trippier (Spurs), 

Thats about as off the wall with a hint of logic i can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Is trippier back to bench duties ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Holding def the value assuming he starts (would hold off for news on Kos first). Unless u took a hit to move one of your other def to say Chelsea/City defence who have great fixtures.

Thanks for reply....currently have Kos and Monreal...will wait for Kos news but I feel he will be back for wkd.

I reckon that Holding will keep his place so that's why I was going to get him in for Holgate.Have only a few euro in bank so would have to swap out likes of Kos to get someone decent from City or Chelsea.

On another question do people think Hazard to KDB for a -4 hit would be a good punt this week seeing as City will prob play strong team in all remaining matches and Chelsea might rotate a bit?

again thanks for anyones thought:)

Thoughts on clichy playing twice?
    Considering Baines and king out for sterling and clichy

considering clichy myself. is he a nailed on starter now ?

Gabriel to Phil Jones anyone?

Deco99 wrote: »

wouldnt touch united myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,918 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why does that appeal in particular ? Can't see any logic in it myself

Questions:

1. Considering getting in Holding as well, but it's a bit of a risk, and could easily end up with a player sitting on the bench.

2. Similar, if Aguero is fit, would love to get him back in, but would have to downgrade Hazard to do it and again, may not be worth it. In your position having all dgw players already, it's probably not worth the hit

3. Definitely play King, and after that, I'd probably go with AOA

• Registered Users Posts: 32,918 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Considering Tadic and Blind out for De Bruyne and Gibbs/Holding in for a -4.

Of course, it's heavily reliant on Aguero news and I'm so sure that whichever Arsenal player I choose I'll end up getting it wrong.

The other option is Blind and Zaha out for Sane and Sterling but that's even more heavily reliant on Aguero news.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Feck it.

Valencia to Alonso
    Gibson to Ake
    Bentake to Jesus

Done before tonights potential Alonso and Jesus rise, and Valencia fall. Ake is a big risk for a 8 point hit, but had to be done to bring in Alonso and Jesus, if any of the rises and falls go through, am totally snookered, and think if Chelsea sow up the tittle tomorrow night, he will get possible game time.

GW37 Squad, with bench boost. DGW Players

Heaton Pickford
    Alonso Aké Cédric Walker Mawson
    Sánchez(c) Alli Capoue King WardProwse
    Jesus Vardy Kane

CSF wrote: »
    Why does that appeal in particular ? Can't see any logic in it myself
    DGW defender in a team thats likely to try and defend versus a guy who wont play. Playing Bench boost, alternatives are Gibbs, Holding, Trippier (might not play) Kone nice fixtures horrible team
    i have 4.8m to get a DGW defender. My others are Monreal, Yosh, Bert, Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Vardy. Slightly tempted to get him in for Kane!! :eek:

Crazy talk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Questions:

3. AOA for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is

Sane > KdB
    Trippier > Holding
    Ali > Fabregas

For a -8 crazy and chasing last weeks points?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Guzan in goals for boro Saturday me as I just can't bench Gabbi
    I can see him slipping a brace betweens guzans legs !

• Advertisement

Is

Sane > KdB
    Trippier > Holding
    Ali > Fabregas

For a -8 crazy and chasing last weeks points?

Any of the 3 you're looking to transfer out could just as easily out score the 3 you're looking to bring in. Don't think it's worth a -8. Holding would be the main concern for me, considering getting him in as well, but unsure if he'll play both games.

Advertisement