Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gw 37 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sanchez to KDB is seriously tempting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Pieters to Holding looks tempting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone in my league who used the WC now has a template. I think I am going to maximise differentials for my transfers next week.

KDB and Pedro probably in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

How did Sanchez and ozil play today and arsenal in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Neither looked like much of a threat. Ox, Ramsey, Gibbs and Welbeck looked the dangers if they stay in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Only saw a bit but I hear Sanchez was horribly deep and his attitude stunk. Which tallies with the 20mins or so I did see.

I'm seriously considering ditching him. He's checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

.6 ITB which was to move Zaha on for a DGW player. Zaha has been shocking but now have Hull to play in a must not lose game. So tempted to hold or if there is any value elsewhere?

I will be BB but may look elsewhere with my transfer or if they is a -4 out there.

Blind - 2 away games and Utd sacked off the league.. can get a 5.8m def

Janmaat - no attacking returns & Watford getting beat every week now

Sanchez - Move to a KDB

Gabbi - Flash in the pan when he first came over!

Who would you move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Early thoughts are Tom Carroll and Chambers to Albrighton and Holding/Stephens for -4.

That gives me 12 DGWers, Holgate, Siggy and Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Benimar wrote: »
    Early thoughts are Tom Carroll and Chambers to Albrighton and Holding/Stephens for -4.

I'm looking at Gabriel and Cabaye to Albrighton and Holding myself, so interested in the responses you get!

Personally, I'll wait until after the Arsenal game to see whether Holding gets another start. If he does, and comes out unscathed, I'll get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Rom to Jesus
    Gibson to Holding (-4)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I still think Holding is too risky in a BB.
    Mustafi will come straight back in and it remains to be seen if it's Holding or Gibbs who drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I generally do not like taking points hits unless it's with a clear long term strategy in mind.

However, as I'm going to bench boost this week I'm considering taking at least a 12 point hit.

The logic being that for each single GWer / player who may be rested you replace with a double GWer, the hit is more like 2 points rather than 4 points (assuming they play both games). So by virtue of just having a DGW they negate half of the hit.

Then factor in the increased likelihood of returns over 2 matches and it starts to become totally justifiable to tear up your team...

Wondering if there's a flaw to my logic... Getting players who are absolutely guaranteed game time is essential to this theory of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Morzadec wrote: »
    I generally do not like taking points hits unless it's with a clear long term strategy in mind.

However, as I'm going to bench boost this week I'm considering taking at least a 12 point hit.

The logic being that for each single GWer / player who may be rested you replace with a double GWer, the hit is more like 2 points rather than 4 points (assuming they play both games). So by virtue of just having a DGW they negate half of the hit.

Then factor in the increased likelihood of returns over 2 matches and it starts to become totally justifiable to tear up your team...

Wondering if there's a flaw to my logic... Getting players who are absolutely guaranteed game time is essential to this theory of course...
    What's your team? Who are you thinking of getting rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Jaku Pickford
    Yoshida Stephens Holgate Vertongen Bailly
    Zaha Sanchez King Alli Redmond
    Lukaku Kane Benteke

Reckon I'll be doing Lukaku to Jesus and Zaha to Pedro for a -4. Before the weekend I was also thinking of Benteke to Giroud for a -8. If Welbeck starts Wednesday night I might consider bringing him in.
    TCing Sanchez or Jesus.

wong wrote: »
    What's your team? Who are you thinking of getting rid?

This is my team:

416722.png

I'm thinking of doing at least this:

416721.png

Mawson doesn't have a doubler but I can afford him and he has a great 37 and 38. Nyom is out of favour and fixtures are poor which is why he has to go.

Alli for De Bruyne I think will pay back over 2 matches - De Bruyne is the only City attacking player really guaranteed 3 starts from here and is in great form. I will likely captain him if I bring him in

I think I'll pull the trigger on at least some of the above tonight depending on price change forecasts and what happens with Chelsea. A yellow for Costa suspends him so need to account for that possibility.

Would welcome any feedback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Strongly considering going for both Sane and Sterling if Aguero is gonna be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

This is my team:

416722.png

I'm thinking of doing at least this:

416721.png

Mawson doesn't have a doubler but I can afford him and he has a great 37 and 38. Nyom is out of favour and fixtures are poor which is why he has to go.

Alli for De Bruyne I think will pay back over 2 matches - De Bruyne is the only City attacking player really guaranteed 3 starts from here and is in great form. I will likely captain him if I bring him in

I think I'll pull the trigger on at least some of the above tonight depending on price change forecasts and what happens with Chelsea. A yellow for Costa suspends him so need to account for that possibility.

Would welcome any feedback though.

Personally, I wouldn't do Alli to De Bruyne for a hit. I think Alli could rack up a big score in the DGW, but thats just a personal view.

Costa won't be suspended if he is booked. That deadline has passed and he would need to get to 15 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Yeah, I agree. Alli wont be dropped so your logic of breaking even on the transfer doesn't work out because you are neglecting how many points Alli might get.

I think your logic is fine. What I find with BB is you have to play it as close as possible to when you wildcard otherwise it ends up costing you point hits. I BB last yr in gw 37 after an early wildcard and I'd say it ended up costing me points. This year I wildcarded early and BB the week after in a sgw. I honestly think the BB is a hindrance of a chip and I'm more convinced to use it in gw 1 next year.

The logic being that for each single GWer / player who may be rested you replace with a double GWer, the hit is more like 2 points rather than 4 points (assuming they play both games).  So by virtue of just having a DGW they negate half of the hit.

I think your logic is fine. What I find with BB is you have to play it as close as possible to when you wildcard otherwise it ends up costing you point hits. I BB last yr in gw  37 after an early wildcard and I'd say it ended up costing me points. This year I wildcarded early and BB the week after in a sgw. I honestly think the BB is a hindrance of a chip and I'm more convinced to use it in gw 1 next year.
    Totally agree. I WC in GW30 and had a great run of 3/4 GW's but the last few weeks has seen me fail miserably with hits etc. trying to build a team for these DGW's and have made no progression with a slight falling.

• Advertisement

Personally, I wouldn't do Alli to De Bruyne for a hit. I think Alli could rack up a big score in the DGW, but thats just a personal view.

Costa won't be suspended if he is booked. That deadline has passed and he would need to get to 15 now.
    wong wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. Alli wont be dropped so your logic of breaking even on the transfer doesn't work out because you are neglecting how many points Alli might get.

I agree that the thinking on Alli is a little unconventional and a risk. I just forsee a Mourinho bus job and then you have Leicester away who are solid at the back and in good form.

I really fancy KDB for a captaincy with his fixtures and form. It's a tough call anyway.
    I think your logic is fine. What I find with BB is you have to play it as close as possible to when you wildcard otherwise it ends up costing you point hits. I BB last yr in gw 37 after an early wildcard and I'd say it ended up costing me points. This year I wildcarded early and BB the week after in a sgw. I honestly think the BB is a hindrance of a chip and I'm more convinced to use it in gw 1 next year.

Agree for sure, this was always my plan but unfortunately my team became a shambles around GW 26 and I felt I had to make wholesale changes.

No regrets either it very much paid off, I had dropped from 22,000th in GW 21 to 60,000th in GW 26, now have worked my way up to just outside the top 10k.

Would be great to have another wildy but no regrets playing it earlier - if your team's a mess I think you've got to throw out the longer term plans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would love KdB but it means getting rid of Kane or Lukaku, and I just have a feeling these will score well with their fixtures. There is also question marks over Jesus gametime, possibly. So I am now thinking of Foster, Pickford and Alli out - Cech, Willy and Sane in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm more and more agreeing with you. I've always made the team value argument against an early BB but the prices of the 'big' players also rise as the season goes on. Look at the benches of GW37 BB teams and it's still cheapies. Sub 4.5m defs, sub 5m 5th mid (JWP or Albrighton) or even flipping Anichibe!!

So around the same budget you have for your bench in GW1. Add in the fact you don't have to screw up your planning for what should be the most important part of the season for a chip for which 20pts would be a very good return.....

I've been discussing this on Twitter this morning with a few very good FPL managers (preaching the Gospel according to Busts ;)) and a lot are coming round to this way of thinking.

I'm gonna look very closely at a GW1, 2 or 3 BB next season for sure.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm more and more agreeing with you. I've always made the team value argument against an early BB but the prices of the 'big' players also rise as the season goes on. Look at the benches of GW37 BB teams and it's still cheapies. Sub 4.5m defs, sub 5m 5th mid (JWP or Albrighton) or even flipping Anichibe!!

So around the same budget you have for your bench in GW1. Add in the fact you don't have to screw up your planning for what should be the most important part of the season for a chip for which 20pts would be a very good return.....

I've been discussing this on Twitter this morning with a few very good FPL managers (preaching the Gospel according to Busts ;)) and a lot are coming round to this way of thinking.

It all depends on the fixtures. If they are decent I'm going for it. Its the only chance you have to BB and then wildcard to sort your team. Most won't entertain it due to the psychological boost at the end .

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »

It all depends on the fixtures. If they are decent I'm going for it. Its the only chance you have to BB and then wildcard to sort your team. Most won't entertain it due to the psychological boost at the end .
    Very good point on the WC to sort team
    I can never resist the gw 4 WC and always set up my team first few weeks only with this in mind
    Defo considering this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'd love if they removed the chips next year but it isn't happening.

spock. wrote: »

They increase the luck element and I'd prefer if they were done away with. However I do enjoy considering and trying alternative strategies as opposed to the it can only be late wildcard and dgw BB approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »

I've a feeling they might adapt them slightly. Make people use either the TC chip or BB in the first half of the season as it's getting too formulaic with most experienced players waiting until the end of the season to play both of them.

Who to transfer with only 1 FT?

Hazard or Sanchez to KDB

Blind to Monreal or Otamendi/Kompany (but only for a hit as I need to find .1 elsewhere) - away to Spurs & Southampton and fear of rotation.

Janmaat to 5.2m defender - away to Everton & Chelsea

Zaha to The Ox - only SGW player in my BB team

The total is a -12 but I can't justify having made a -8 last 2 GW's and in the semi final of a H2H so don't really want hits!

Was thinking of banking initially but on closer inspection could improve this squad!

What would you do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Who to transfer with only 1 FT?

Hazard or Sanchez to KDB

Blind to Monreal or Otamendi/Kompany (but only for a hit as I need to find .1 elsewhere) - away to Spurs & Southampton and fear of rotation.

Janmaat to 5.2m defender - away to Everton & Chelsea

Zaha to The Ox - only SGW player in my BB team

The total is a -12 but I can't justify having made a -8 last 2 GW's and in the semi final of a H2H so don't really want hits!

Was thinking of banking initially but on closer inspection could improve this squad!

What would you do
    Take selling hazard off the list anyway !

Advertisement