Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw 37 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭mosstin

Would you ditch Tadic if you had him? He's the most frustrating player I've ever had the misfortune to own. Looking at Sané in for him.

Yes. Saw Saints in the flesh last Sunday and they were the most depressingly negative team I've seen in some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would you ditch Tadic if you had him? He's the most frustrating player I've ever had the misfortune to own. Looking at Sané in for him.

100%
    All he offers in FF is stats
    No points
    Apart from that one wonderful day early last year when I bought him for his explosion
    Sold him 2 weeks later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Darmian and Gabriel out for Holding and Stephen.

Bavies to Tripper is a sideways move.

As above.

Id get rid of Darmien before Holegate

Thanks for the feedback!

I wouldn't even think twice about making that move. Yes ditch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cheers all. I was more than likely going to ditch him anyway but needed some reassurance haha.

EDIT: I don't have enough for a straight swap so going to ditch De Gea for Willy to fund it for a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

People's answer to the Tadic question makes me want to get Pedro in for him. Bad time to get him?

mosstin wrote: »
    Yes. Saw Saints in the flesh last Sunday and they were the most depressingly negative team I've seen in some time.

I think that's a tad unfair. They've had tough fixtures and a busy enough schedule. They were playing against 'bigger' teams and I thought they did ok. I'm more than happy keeping Redmond and Gabbiadini for these next two fixtures. I think they'll play more freely now against teams that have nothing to play for. Liverpool and Arsenal were fighting hard for points against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

David Silva as a punt is an interesting one for anyone looking to try a differential or three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    Right lads. I'm away for the weekend. Will be finalising team around lunchtime tomorrow and forgetting about footie.

After earlier advice I've boiled it down to this....definite starters in hold.

Caballero
    Alonso, Stephens,
    Gabriel, Fuchs, Holgate
    Hazard, Sanchez, Sane, King, Albrighton
    Costa, Jesus, Kane

Option 1: Fuchs or Gab to any Def up to 5.4 - so probably has to be a risk on Holding and play 343 with 10 DGWers.

Option 2: Risk no Arsenal def and play Fuchs or AOA with Albrighton. Bank transfer for GW38 fun.

Seeing it written down its 1 isn't it?

Any other suggestions?

Cover Arsenal D for sake of OR .
    Got burned this year on Lukaku around GW29 (@10k OR) and Sanchez this week and Arsenal D.
    Your solid everywhere else so the risk might be worth it for MLs.

What about Cech and KDB (say) for a hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I really hope Hazard comes back to bite all these doubters. He was nailed on C choice two weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Caballero
    Yoshida Monreal Alonso
    Hazard Walcott Alli Sane Sanchez
    Gabbiadini Jesus

Pickford, Stephens, Vertonghen, Anichebe

My punt on Walcott didn't end up too bad last GW because Stephens just subbed in. I need a replacement for him though this GW. Any suggestions? 0.1 in the bank so I've 7.4 to spend.

Pedro or Son look to be the pick of the bunch but if Chelsea win the title early could Pedro be rested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is Mustafi going to play the two games or will I go for security in Monreal. Cant afford Bellerin. Would rather Mustafi if I knew he was secure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Took a -8; Costa, Britos and Alli out, Jesus, KDB and Clichy in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Caballero
    Yoshida Monreal Alonso
    Hazard Walcott Alli Sane Sanchez
    Gabbiadini Jesus

Pickford, Stephens, Vertonghen, Anichebe

My punt on Walcott didn't end up too bad last GW because Stephens just subbed in. I need a replacement for him though this GW. Any suggestions? 0.1 in the bank so I've 7.4 to spend.

Pedro or Son look to be the pick of the bunch but if Chelsea win the title early could Pedro be rested?

Fabregas?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Any opinions in Bailly to Ake (needed for funds) and Eriksen to KdB? This would be a - 4 move.

Currently I have 11 dgw players starting, but my thinking is it's not worth having cash invested in Bailly, if he doesn't play both games. I can bring Maguire or Holgate off the bench for him.

My other defenders are Yoshida and Huth (his knock hasn't helped matters!)

KdB over Eriksen may some knee-jerk after the West Ham blank, but I have Kane for Spurs cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think whether you have Kane matters much, is KDB definitely worth 4 points more than Eriksen?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

CSF wrote:
    I don't think whether you have Kane matters much, is KDB definitely worth 4 points more than Eriksen?

It's hard to call at the moment. I'm 15 clear in my league, the closest to me has Eriksen, Alli and Kane. I'm trying to anticipate his next move and I'm thinking he may have gone KdB.

If he hasn't, then I'm shooting myself in the foot unless KdB lights it up this weekend.

I think it'll be 0-0 at the Hawthorns later so I think it'll be first 11 for Chelsea in both games. I don't have the courage to captain Alonso though.

I obviously could be wrong but I can't figure if I should ship Hazard for KDB just in case Chelsea do win tonight and Hazard sees the bench on Monday.

I'm already on a -4 and am reluctant to take another.

Are many thinking of shipping Hazard for KDB and are you taking a hit to do it ?

I think it'll be 0-0 at the Hawthorns later so I think it'll be first 11 for Chelsea in both games. I don't have the courage to captain Alonso though.

I obviously could be wrong but I can't figure if I should ship Hazard for KDB just in case Chelsea do win tonight and Hazard sees the bench on Monday.

I'm already on a -4 and am reluctant to take another.

Are many thinking of shipping Hazard for KDB and are you taking a hit to do it ?
    I don't have either but there is NO WAY I'd do that move for a hit. Or at all. I am absolutely petrified off Monday night
    They are going to turn on the style
    Gw38 probably a different story alright but ya could always just make the switch then
    Kdb has a history of isolated big hauls ........

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I don't have either but there is NO WAY I'd do that move for a hit. Or at all. I am absolutely petrified off Monday night
    They are going to turn on the style
    Gw38 probably a different story alright but ya could always just make the switch then
    Kdb has a history of isolated big hauls ........

Kinda agree with ya. I would do it (in case Chelsea win tonight) but I can't bring myself to do it for a hit.

KDB has an astonishing amount of points considering how deep he's played most of the season. I can't let 2 good recent hauls fool me. Fùck knows what Pep will do next with him.

Hopefully it's a draw tonight.

Anyway, how am I meant to catch you if I keep taking hits ?

Edit - I might captain Alonso just to freak you out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Conte is not one for rotation, he'll keep that team playing bar injuries. I'm keeping Costa with that thought in mind.
    I'll have limited or zero internet access later so may stick with my transfers.Everyone bar Hennesy has a dgw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on my option above busts?

Defo option 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

zerks wrote: »
    Conte is not one for rotation, he'll keep that team playing bar injuries. I'm keeping Costa with that thought in mind.
    I'll have limited or zero internet access later so may stick with my transfers.Everyone bar Hennesy has a dgw for me.

There was a blog somewhere about Conte and how he rotated his Juve players after they won the league. I'd say we will see players dropped, just not sure if it's the Watford game or Sunderland. Hopefully the Watford game :)

If Chelsea win tonight they are going to be doing a fair bit of drinking over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is rashford to welbeck worth it (for a hit?).
    Worried rashford may not play both but I expect welbeck will.
    Plus I think welbeck has more chance of scoring.

Already have jesus and kane and only can afford up to a 7.9 player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

trippier to clichy worth a 4 point hit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Took a -8; Costa, Britos and Alli out, Jesus, KDB and Clichy in.

Don't think its worth the -8 hit tbh, Costa and Alli could easily outscore Jesus and KDB.

People getting a bit carried away with KDB performance last week. there are concerns about Costa being rotated if Chelsea have the league won, but I would think that Jesus is just as likely if not more likely to be rotated.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    There was a blog somewhere about Conte and how he rotated his Juve players after they won the league. I'd say we will see players dropped, just not sure if it's the Watford game or Sunderland. Hopefully the Watford game :)

If they wrap it up tonight won't he want to give the new championship winning team a run out at home and rotate for Sunderland.
    I also brought in Jesus due to finances(Aguero) but I'm happy enough with my team as I know my nearest rivals will probably do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Heaton
    Alonso Stephens Monreal
    Sanchez Alli Hazard
    King
    Jesus Kane Gabbiadini

Bench: Randolph ; De Roon, McAuley, Holebas
    Bank: £0.6m.
    1 FT.
    OR: 33k

I mentioned my OR since it's the only thing I have left to play for.

So. 9 DGWers so far. 2 on the bench I'm happy enough to leave on the bench.

If I decide that I'm happy enough with my outfield players, then my transfer looks pretty straightforward. Heaton to either Caballero or Cech right? Between the two it's almost a coin toss. Cech better for saves, better fixtures in 37 but Caballero better for 38. Caballero also offers me an extra £0.5m that could be useful this week for other transfers or for GW38. I don't have City defensive cover so Cab could also cover it (but don't think it's an important point for the current situation).
    - 0. Caballero or Cech?
    Then I see 3 problems with my team.
    - 1. Stephens. Is he really a great option for this DGW?
    I was considering a -4 for a Spurs def (Bavies or Vertonghen) but if the title's race is over tonight, how much will they care about good defending? Since I'm not too sure about City's def guaranteed gametime and I find them overpriced, another option could be Mustafi.

- 2. No City mid. Shall I be worried or not? Hazard to KDB/Sané. Alli to Sané. Doesn't make much sense for a -4. The Chelsea game being tonight is a killer for any move since it could condition so many things in this DGW.

- 3. Gabbiadini. The only other forward I could get without a major reshuffling is Deeney. Not sure he's worth it

-

So. TL, DR. My GK move is priority and looks meaningful. Anything else means hit(s).

1. Gabbiadini + Hazard + McAuley -> Costa + Sané + Holding -12
    2. Gabbiadini -> Deeney -4
    3. Hazard -> KDB -4
    4. Alli -> Sané -4
    5. Nothing, play Stephens.
    6. Something else I haven't seen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

miller82 wrote: »
    trippier to clichy worth a 4 point hit ?

Hard to call. Pep can ruin a gw with stupid rotation but you'd think he'll get 2 CS. Can't see many attacking points though. Trippier could deliver on that front but less likely for 2 cleanies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Hard to call. Pep can ruin a gw with stupid rotation but you'd think he'll get 2 CS. Can't see many attacking points though. Trippier could deliver on that front but less likely for 2 cleanies.

its absolutely melting my face :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs are playing Man U at the last ever home game at white hart Lane before it is knocked down for the new stadium.

The atmosphere will be electric and if they win they will finish the season unbeaten at home.

Former players and managers in attendance, ceremony afterwards etc

Add to the fact that Man U played last night.

I cannot stress how important this game is for spurs to perform and win.

.. Then it's on to Leicester where there is the small matter of revenge. Don't expect clean sheets on that one but lots of goals as both teams go for it in a typical end of season affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Conte has always rotated when he's won titles with games to spare.

https://t.co/oX7xMmCnai

I cannot stress how important this game is for spurs to perform and win.

Which if recent history has shown anything is that Spurs will well and truly fill the pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

danganabu wrote:
    Which if recent history has shown anything is that Spurs will well and truly fill the pants.

Spursy I know, but I expect them to collapse at Hull in gw38 to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Gabriel to Holding or Cedric for a hit? It would be Holding if i knew he would play twice obviously but Southampton have a great chance of at least 1 clean sheet this week i think.

If they wrap it up tonight won't he want to give the new championship winning team a run out at home and rotate for Sunderland.
    I also brought in Jesus due to finances(Aguero) but I'm happy enough with my team as I know my nearest rivals will probably do the same.
    Just as much chance he will rotate for Watford and full team for Sunderland. If he rotates for Sunderland that's 2 weeks rest for fa cup final. Its all pure guesswork the ideal scenario is they end up needing to win Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

AdpRo wrote: »
    Gabriel to Holding or Cedric for a hit? It would be Holding if i knew he would play twice obviously but Southampton have a great chance of at least 1 clean sheet this week i think.

Cedric is more nailed but holding has a higher point ceiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Defo option 1.

Actually have it done but thanks

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Actually have it done but thanks

No worries only saw it this morning.

• Advertisement

Absolutely hate Friday deadlines
    So little time to digest the managers afternoon press conferences
    I've about 4 diff plans as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

After advising FHFC and Kevirl that transferring in Holding is a bit of a risk, I still find myself seriously considering getting him in.

Just wondering what Arsenal fans think, how likely is he to start both games?

If I get him in, it's a -4 and transferring out one of Chambers or Holgate

After advising FHFC and Kevirl that transferring in Holding is a bit of a risk, I still find myself seriously considering getting him in.

Just wondering what Arsenal fans think, how likely is he to start both games?

I personally think he will but wouldn't be parting with any hard cash on it!! Holding has looked incredibly assured and needs game time and experience, if Arsene plans on persisting with the 3-4-3 formation in the long term and why wouldn't he to be honest then Holding is a key part of that. I think for the stoke game it will be Holding - Mustafi - Monreal and for the second game Holding - Kos - Monreal.

Is rashford to welbeck worth it (for a hit?).
    Worried rashford may not play both but I expect welbeck will.
    Plus I think welbeck has more chance of scoring.

Already have jesus and kane and only can afford up to a 7.9 player.

Jose said last night that he'll rest players in advance of the Europa Lge Final.I got rid of my United players as nobody is nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

What are people doing with Koscielny? Hoping he plays the two?

Thinking of a sideways move to Monreal for Arsenal cover. Or maybe a bellerin punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Jose said last night that he'll rest players in advance of the Europa Lge Final.I got rid of my United players as nobody is nailed on.

Eric Bailly will surely play all PL fixtures remaining if he is banned for the Euro final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Eric Bailly will surely play all PL fixtures remaining if he is banned for the Euro final.

Jose may want to give his CB pairing for the final a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

ElTel wrote: »

Yes I think he will most likely give whatever pairing of Jones/Smalling/Blind he plans to use for final a bit of game time together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Will Trippier play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

ElTel wrote: »

Thats true enough. If i was him however id just be wrapping up Smalling/Jones.

Advertisement