Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

famous people you had a beer with mine was Kiefer Sutherland in Limerick bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Charlie Haughey bought me* a pint once :D

*(and about 20 others in Dick Mack's in Dingle)

..so did Juergen Klinsmann ...different pub, different crowd though
    differnt country also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I lead such a sheltered, alcoholic-celeb-less life.

I watched Matthew mccaunoghy (sp) pour pints in a dunshaughlin pub years ago. That's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I had a few famous beers with people, more than once.

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Louise Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Had a few with Pat Losty a while back.

he was a quare creature when at the drinkin

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Had a burger with Paul McGrath, Kevin Moran and Chris Morris...they came out of a bar, into the chippie, chatted for a few mins while eating and back into the bar.

That must have been a bit weird, 4 guys sharing a burger, that's probably only a bite each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sinead O'Connor, Inn on the Liffey.
    very nice woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Michael D kicked us out of his (Galway) house for smoking a bong out of his kitchen sink. He came into the kitchen in PJ's and one of those hats... all he was missing was the candle.

I'm not even ashamed to admit this in public, it was fcuking hilarious :pac:

Please let that be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For the oldies who would know who I mean, Fiona Spence, a.k.a. Miss Vera 'Vinegar Tits' Bennett from 'Prisoner Cell Block H', later Celia from 'Home' and Away'.

A delightful woman, of Irish extraction, with a real way of telling a funny story. We savaged a couple or three bottles of rosé.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

:):D
    Were you on the Irish Olympic swimming team? :)

"Well, Limerick is a Jack Bauer kind of town. . .

It is, it is. The Olympics were on, and one of my favourite stories ever happened there. I was sitting next to a guy in a pub, and he had a tracksuit on, from the Olympics, and I said: 'That was pretty fast, that you got that; I didn't think they were selling them yet.'

And he said: 'I'm on the Olympics team'.

I said: 'No, you're not, the Olympics are in Barcelona. . .' or wherever they were at the time.

And he said: 'I am'. The bartender nodded.

So I said, 'What event?'

And he said: 'Swimming', and I looked up at the TV in the pub, and the swimming was on.

I said: 'No you're not -- they're swimming, right now'.

And he went, 'Well, I didn't do well, did I!?'."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/what-a-difference-a-day-makes-27905385.html
    Very Good read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Michael Palin at prague airport in 2002. I didnt know him from Monty Python (19yr old girl en route back from a summer in the sun) My leaving cert geography teacher used to stick his '80 days around the world' documentary on and fall asleep/scratch his chalk covered crotch/ stick his keys in his ears, when we should have been learning about erosion and tetonic plates etc. so that's only how I recognised him as Michael Palin at the time.

I was coming home because I was penniless and had a 6hr layover at prague airport. He sat at my table in the outside smoking area, we got chatting about his documentary and my geography teacher and he got me a couple of drinks. Very nice person.

I watched monty python a year or two later and am an avid fan now...still cant believe I said to him 'are you your man from the 80 days around the world documentary?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Please let that be true

I was about 16, I honestly have no reason to make it up.

We ended up in the house because my friend's cousin was in the same year as his son (I won't mention his name). Same lad was well known for the craic.

The best bit was (and i'll never forget this), was the man himself calmly walking through the kitchen door and queerly asking "what's going on in here?" just as one of the lads was about to choke up a lung.

Christ I wish I knew how to describe the out-fit on him.... i'm guessing you know what i'm on about... stripey PJ's, with the hat and the candle.... (minus the candle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What'd yee talk about?

Ah she went on about her self all night.. Got the "shift' though.... Went for abra kebabra afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Louise Duffy.

Famous?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Had a heap of pint bottles of Bulmers with Blackey Connors from Glenroe one christmas which was strange because I don't drink Bulmers.

When working in a bar I served John Mahoney of Frasier's Dad fame on more than one occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Rod Stewart, but I don't want to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I was about 16, I honestly have no reason to make it up.

We ended up in the house because my friend's cousin was in the same year as his son (I won't mention his name). Same lad was well known for the craic.

The best bit was (and i'll never forget this), was the man himself calmly walking through the kitchen door and queerly asking "what's going on in here?" just as one of the lads was about to choke up a lung.

Christ I wish I knew how to describe the out-fit on him.... i'm guessing you know what i'm on about... stripey PJ's, with the hat and the candle.... (minus the candle)

I believe that 100%. I was in the same class as his son and we used to get up to all kinds of stuff in his house after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

dan1895 wrote: »
    Had a heap of pint bottles of Bulmers with Blackey Connors from Glenroe one christmas which was strange because I don't drink Bulmers.

When working in a bar I served John Mahoney of Frasier's Dad fame on more than one occasion.

I'd a few pints with Blackie Connors too!

Also a quick drink and a chat with Maureen Potter in The Flowing Tide before they renovated destroyed it.

And once went on the lash with Eunice McMenamin/Fidelma in Glenroe.! She was great craic!

This was all in Dublin back in the fabulous 90s! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

sudzs wrote: »
    I'd a few pints with Blackie Connors too!

Also a quick drink and a chat with Maureen Potter in The Flowing Tide before they renovated destroyed it.

And once went on the lash with Eunice McMenamin/Fidelma in Glenroe.! She was great craic!

This was all in Dublin back in the fabulous 90s! :D

I used to drink in a local pub where Blackie would be around if he was in Cork (sorry don't know his real name !).

I was pissing away next to him in the jacks doing the usual "HEY BLACKIE", Ignore "HEY BLACKIE" Ignore. "HEY BLACKIE" Cue...."MY NAMES NOT ****ING BLACKIE !".

If anyone knows Tom Barrys in Cork that was there and he turned up at Toms funeral a few years ago. A gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

:D:) We all paid for own drinks but he did offer to pay a nice guy Kiefer Sutherland.it was the time Julia Roberts called off her wedding to Kiefer Sutherland .

Name drop much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Heckler wrote: »
    I used to drink in a local pub where Blackie would be around if he was in Cork (sorry don't know his real name !).

I was pissing away next to him in the jacks doing the usual "HEY BLACKIE", Ignore "HEY BLACKIE" Ignore. "HEY BLACKIE" Cue...."MY NAMES NOT ****ING BLACKIE !".

If anyone knows Tom Barrys in Cork that was there and he turned up at Toms funeral a few years ago. A gent.

He Liam something - or other. He could be a bit cranky alright! I had an argument with him about the LA riots!!

He Liam something - or other. He could be a bit cranky alright! I had an argument with him about the LA riots!!

Are you thinking of Liam Cunningham? Blackie Connors was played by Michael Collins.

He must have been ****e sick of people calling him Blackie !

Other people of note I've seen in Toms was Harry Potter (his gal at the time was in a play in the everyman), Robert Plant (was playing in the Marquee later). Cillian Murphy a few times (hes from the area). Hes shorter than you might think but as a straight male he's gorgeous. If i had to.............Cillian.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

dan1895 wrote: »
    Are you thinking of Liam Cunningham? Blackie Connors was played by Michael Collins.

Michael Collins played Blackie's friend, he is now head of Pavee Point.

jh79 wrote: »
    Michael Collins played Blackie's friend, he is now head of Pavee Point.

Really? Ha it was him I had the heap of Bulmers with so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i shared a piss with Bertie Ahern.... true story too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Michael donnellan Higgins

Rene meulensteen (man utd assistant manager under fergie)

Donnchadh walsh - kerry footballer

Yerman who played father stone

Yerman Glen hansard from the frames - all.his friends were speaking through irish

Enda Kenny

Dick spring

Paula Radcliffe. Though I spose she wasn't having a pint. Just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

:D:) We all paid for own drinks but he did offer to pay a nice guy Kiefer Sutherland.it was the time Julia Roberts called off her wedding to Kiefer Sutherland .

Sorry, what was his name....didn't catch it there?

He must have been ****e sick of people calling him Blackie !

Other people of note I've seen in Toms was Harry Potter (his gal at the time was in a play in the everyman), Robert Plant (was playing in the Marquee later). Cillian Murphy a few times (hes from the area)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

i shared a piss with Bertie Ahern.... true story too!!

Fcking Fianna Fáil for you! Won't even let you have a piss of your own!

Advertisement