Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

famous people you had a beer with mine was Kiefer Sutherland in Limerick bar

Options
  • 05-05-2017 3:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

I had a few beers with famous actor Kiefer Sutherland in Henry Cecil bar in Limerick in the early 90s .any one had a few beers with a famous actor person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

had whiskey with johnny Kelly from Type O Negative.

and mick lions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

You got your answer into the title, that's impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Famous people have drinks with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Had a drink with the guy who played Nick the Greek in Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels in a bar in London back in the late 90s. Really friendly and down to earth guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yer man Leroy from Fame in Rome.
    Two lads from Afterhours (well known Italian band) in Whelans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Had a pint of guinness with Michael D Higgins in the late 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I had a few beers with famous actor Kiefer Sutherland in Henry Cecil bar in Limerick in the early 90s .any one had a few beers with a famous actor person.

Who paid?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have been lucky enough to wine and dine with several. David Attenborough was/is the most frequent but there have been others of note in the field of Environmental and Zoological studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

The dude who played Lepidus in the HBO series 'Rome' in Clapham.

His missus was fine but he was looking really ropey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

:D:)
    Who paid?
    We all paid for own drinks but he did offer to pay a nice guy Kiefer Sutherland.it was the time Julia Roberts called off her wedding to Kiefer Sutherland .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Does Des Bishop Count?

I had a beer with him right after he finished the Des Bishop work experience.... He was bitter and broken at the time, and didn't appreciate me being there

But that's just tough titties really isn't it! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Had a few drinks with Rory McCann who plays The Hound in Game of Thrones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

had a shyteload of Guinness with Madonna once....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

:D:) We all paid for own drinks but he did offer to pay a nice guy Kiefer Sutherland.it was the time Julia Roberts called off her wedding to Kiefer Sutherland .

You should have taken up the offer. Jack Bauer would have taken the offer...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Me and Nelson Mandela had a few pints of Smithwicks in The Long Bar - nice lad, but Bono kept interrupting us looking for a loan of change for the poker machine. Ruined the whole flow of the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

had a shyteload of Guinness with Madonna once....

What'd yee talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

Andrew Levy, Simon Bartholomew & Jan Kincaid ( The Brand New Heavies ),
    Ex Labour leader Neil Kinnock & his son Stephen ( M.P. and husband of Prime Minister of Denmark),
    Jak Kay ( Jamiroquai),
    Paul Merson

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Justin Timberlake
    Westlife
    Conor O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

The ginger one from that 70's show, didn't realise until she left and the females in the party told me. Nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Beer, club and back to the hotel with Woody Harrelson and the lovely Alicia Silverstone, Galway, back in 2001. Good people.

• Advertisement

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Me and Nelson Mandela had a few pints of Smithwicks in The Long Bar - nice lad, but Bono kept interrupting us looking for a loan of change for the poker machine. Ruined the whole flow of the conversation.
    Bono kept interrupting us.:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Michael D kicked us out of his (Galway) house for smoking a bong out of his kitchen sink. He came into the kitchen in PJ's and one of those hats... all he was missing was the candle.

I'm not even ashamed to admit this in public, it was fcuking hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Beers, who the phuck calls them beers? Did you actually drink with him or just in the same pub at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Had a few beers with Bill Drummond in green room at late late show, had dinner with Gareth Pierce she was really unassuming. Had dinner with David Icke that was a weird one.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Beers, who the phuck calls them beers? Did you actually drink with him or just in the same pub at the same time?
    drinking beer up at the bar next to him nice guy very down to earth had chat with him he was ask me about good drinking pubs around Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

drinking beer up at the bar next to him nice guy very down to earth had chat with him he was ask me about good drinking pubs around Limerick.

Were you on the Irish Olympic swimming team? :)

"Well, Limerick is a Jack Bauer kind of town. . .

It is, it is. The Olympics were on, and one of my favourite stories ever happened there. I was sitting next to a guy in a pub, and he had a tracksuit on, from the Olympics, and I said: 'That was pretty fast, that you got that; I didn't think they were selling them yet.'

And he said: 'I'm on the Olympics team'.

I said: 'No, you're not, the Olympics are in Barcelona. . .' or wherever they were at the time.

And he said: 'I am'. The bartender nodded.

So I said, 'What event?'

And he said: 'Swimming', and I looked up at the TV in the pub, and the swimming was on.

I said: 'No you're not -- they're swimming, right now'.

And he went, 'Well, I didn't do well, did I!?'."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/what-a-difference-a-day-makes-27905385.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Sam Kade wrote: »

...and did yous shoot the breeze ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Had a burger with Paul McGrath, Kevin Moran and Chris Morris...they came out of a bar, into the chippie, chatted for a few mins while eating and back into the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Packie Bonner and Colm Murray bought us drinks in Donegal. Two of the nicest gentlemen ever. RIP Colm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

We didn't have a beer, but in 2003 I saw Westlife at the NIA in Birmingham and, while performing Flying Without Wings and being cabled around the ceiling, Kian, while directly over my head, winked at me. To this day I haven't told my girlfriend.

Advertisement