Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwater (Kat and Alfie from Eastenders spin off show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

RobertKK wrote: »
    They did the Protestant version of the Our Father for what was suppose to be a Catholic mass.

They also film all the outdoor church scenes in the Church of Ireland church.

Last week they talked of Sunday school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Samsgirl wrote: »
    They also film all the outdoor church scenes in the Church of Ireland church.

Last week they talked of Sunday school.
    Anglican churches are used often to double for Catholic churches. I know that the 70s horror House of Mortal Sin which was set in a Catholic church but filmed in a deconsecrated CofE church.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

RobertKK wrote:
    They did the Protestant version of the Our Father for what was suppose to be a Catholic mass.

I noticed that too!

Really p*ssed.off at that ending!!!!

Is that it??? I thought there was only 6 episodes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Is that it? :confused:

fin12 wrote: »
    That Andrew is an absolute prick blaming Kieran for his actions, he's the married one.

Sure Stumpy has always been a little b0llicks

Is there a second series??
    Nothing being filmed at the moment in Dunmore.

Is there a second series??
    Nothing being filmed at the moment in Dunmore.

Doesnt deserve one. A load of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

that can't be the ending. Nothing was resolved!

• Advertisement

Doesnt deserve one. A load of sh1te.

I need answers!!!

I need answers!!!

It's definitely the finale as I checked it there.

It makes no sense. Even if there was going to be a second series, we are so near the resolution of the storyline, you wouldn't get a full series out of it now! There's only 1 more episode at most left in it!

Surely Kat would have been proper mangled by that boat?

Surely Kat would have been proper mangled by that boat?

You would think so.

But the 1 thing that won't happen here is her and Alfie being killed as easterners would want that storyline for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The letter Agnes got from the solicitors what did it say, I just glanced something about the estate of .....was it Lance.

What did she mean he's coming after us, when she was trying to get Roisin to help get her sister back to New York.

Peter seems to have been very popular with the ladies 30 years ago...two sisters and their cousin.

I really enjoyed the series and would love a second. Will Alfie survive the surgeon's knife. Will Damian and Kat be rescued off the rocks. Why did Padraig ask Aideen to hush up what she saw her father and Ciaran at and a hundred more questions. I'll wait in hope.

I need answers!!!

Im going to assume their lazy arsed writers left it on a cliffhanger such is their arrogance that this will be recommissioned for a second series. Ill happily go on with life not knowing or giving a sh1te what happened personally.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    The letter Agnes got from the solicitors what did it say, I just glanced something about the estate of .....was it Lance.

What did she mean he's coming after us, when she was trying to get Roisin to help get her sister back to New York.

Peter seems to have been very popular with the ladies 30 years ago...two sisters and their cousin.

I really enjoyed the series and would love a second. Will Alfie survive the surgeon's knife. Will Damian and Kat be rescued off the rocks. Why did Padraig ask Aideen to hush up what she saw her father and Ciaran at and a hundred more questions. I'll wait in hope.

Is Stanley Townsend (Peter) related to Stuart Townsend, the actor who used date Charlize Theron?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Wouldn't look at this shiote.

Wouldn't look at this shiote.

Why bother commenting on a forum discussing it then?!

I read somewhere that Iris was Agnes' sister... but last night she said she went with her to London to "support her niece"(?) I also read that Eileen had a husband who drowned in the same tragedy along with her daughter but I cant find thd article where I read all this. I know it's not crucial to the plot but I hate not knowing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ann22 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Iris was Agnes' sister... but last night she said she went with her to London to "support her niece"(?) I also read that Eileen had a husband who drowned in the same tragedy along with her daughter but I cant find thd article where I read all this. I know it's not crucial to the plot but I hate not knowing stuff.

Eileen's divorced from her husband. She mentioned it a few episode's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,023 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kat and Alfie should of stayed the hell away from Redwater look at what they caused

Think it's all just about wrapped up and we have too use our imaginations but i guess

both Kat and Alfie died

Dermot will be rescued by the coast guard and prob get questioned about the email/murder etc

Peter will have to live with his terrible secret and will prob go back into rehab

Paidraig has left Rosian and the farm

Andrew prob left Bernie and ran off too the US with Ciaran

Adeen may of been pregnant or something

Maybe Lance had something else in his will and the farm may be sold or something

Tommy might return in a few years and ask questions why his parents died. So Redwater series 2 set in the future

It was an ok series but a bit all over the place. Don't think there will be a series 2 as I've heard BBC viewers didn't catch onto it at all. Series was very good for The Dunmore area though

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Kat and Alfie should of stayed the hell away from Redwater look at what they caused

Think it's all just about wrapped up and we have too use our imaginations but i guess

both Kat and Alfie died

Dermot will be rescued by the coast guard and prob get questioned about the email/murder etc

Peter will have to live with his terrible secret and will prob go back into rehab

Paidraig has left Rosian and the farm

Andrew prob left Bernie and ran off too the US with Ciaran

Adeen may of been pregnant or something

Maybe Lance had something else in his will and the farm may be sold or something

Tommy might return in a few years and ask questions why his parents died. So Redwater series 2 set in the future

It was an ok series but a bit all over the place. Don't think there will be a series 2 as I've heard BBC viewers didn't catch onto it at all. Series was very good for The Dunmore area though

It was a terrible mess.

It started out as a philomena type story. That very quickly got ditched and it became a murder storyline with a crazy somewhat psychopathic priest. Then it adds other things like:

- a very complicated love triangle between peter and the sisters
    - a gay affair between cousins
    - a 1 night stand that involved a teenager getting the morning after pill (no idea where that fitted in with anything - was it something to do with Ireland's abortion laws?)

And then, some mysterious letter turns up in the final episode and we don't know who it's from?! Madness. Last nights episode should've been the penultimate episode of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

The letter was apparently from a mystery son of Lance (who we never heard of until the letter arrived and who is now "coming for" Agnes and Roisin :confused:) What's he coming for exactly?!

The episode made no sense and generated more questions than answers!! Will

Stacy just get a call to say Alfie and Kat are dead..are they dead?

WTF is the deal with gay cousins?

I also find it highly unusual that granddad Padraig would be so cool about bringing his underage granddaughter to the chemist for the morning after pill after a one night stand with the pizza boy!

Did Padraig know about it as he told Aideen to be quiet about it?

Where was Dermot attempting to go with Kat on the boat when he was fleeing from Bernie and the other cop?! Maybe he was going to America as Kat could apparently see America from the seafront in Waterford :rolleyes:

It started off rubbish then got good due to Dermot's antics before collapsing with a half thought ending...really should have settled the storyline with another episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Peter's wife who drowned was another daughter of Agnes and Lance

deisemum wrote:
    Eileen's divorced from her husband. She mentioned it a few episode's back.

Yes. I thought he was a 2nd husband but whatever I read was a load of baloney.

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I thought Peter's wife who drowned was another daughter of Agnes and Lance

Agnes said last night her niece but the article I read said her sister. I think they were confused as well. There's a prog on rte player explaining the story.

The letter was apparently from a mystery son of Lance (who we never heard of until the letter arrived and who is now "coming for" Agnes and Roisin :confused:) What's he coming for exactly?!

The episode made no sense and generated more questions than answers!! Will

Stacy just get a call to say Alfie and Kat are dead..are they dead?

WTF is the deal with gay cousins?

I also find it highly unusual that granddad Padraig would be so cool about bringing his underage granddaughter to the chemist for the morning after pill after a one night stand with the pizza boy!

Did Padraig know about it as he told Aideen to be quiet about it?

Where was Dermot attempting to go with Kat on the boat when he was fleeing from Bernie and the other cop?! Maybe he was going to America as Kat could apparently see America from the seafront in Waterford :rolleyes:

It started off rubbish then got good due to Dermot's antics before collapsing with a half thought ending...really should have settled the storyline with another episode.

How do you know it's from a mystery son?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Is Stanley Townsend (Peter) related to Stuart Townsend, the actor who used date Charlize Theron?

I don't know, but there is a similarity there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

How do you know it's from a mystery son?

Cos I paused it on the letter :o:D it said I am the son of Lance Byrne. He wanted a copy of the will and the heading at the top of the letter was from something something and Byrne solicitors. I guess we'll never know what happens!

Advertisement