Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwater (Kat and Alfie from Eastenders spin off show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

I wonder will it transpire that Agnes is related to the Slaters some way and thats how the 'adoption' took place so quick..an article I read by the Eastenders producer said that the Slaters origins are in Ireland...4th paragraph down or so
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/redwater?lang=cy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Missed it last night, why does it not go up on the RTE Player until Thursdays? What backward idiot decided that and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

BBC don't show it til Thursdays. They must have an agreement that RTE can't make it available online til then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Missed it last night, why does it not go up on the RTE Player until Thursdays? What backward idiot decided that and why?

Keep your kicks on there, when Thursday comes and you watch it, you will wonder why you got so uptight today :).

This show has certainly done wonders for Waterford tourism. Perhaps they could show the new greenway on the next series :)

Overall though the show has been very poor. It is aimed at the not so bright British audience who indulge Eastenders weekly and patsying to their perception of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I watched it and I'm looking forward to next Sunday night. The priest gave me the creeps. No altar boys or girls.

The flashback to the night of the tragedy has me baffled, what were they all doing out in a boat after dark...waiting to rendevous with Howard Marks, checking their lobster pots, harvesting seaweed or what. When the mother says save me in the flashback clip somebody clearly says No, is it her son ?

That Agnes wan is hiding something and for the life of me I don't know what. Why was the priests mother called Iris Byrne. Was Agnes' maiden name also Byrne.

Poor little Tommy, not content with having him reared for his first year of life by a deranged kidnapper it looks like he's gonna be saddled with a killer brother. Tommy is wise beyond his years coming up with the little boy lost plan in order to have his parents miss the flight to Spain. Which leads me on nicely to the twins, Kat mentioned them once or twice, there must be no love lost there she never even asked what the broadband was like, no inkling to skype them now and again. I don't get it, my neighbour has granchildren in Australia she's never actually met and she's skyping them morning noon and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

BBC don't show it til Thursdays. They must have an agreement that RTE can't make it available online til then.
    It's not on bbc til thurs so maybe rte not allowed have it on demand til then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Mena Mitty wrote:
    The flashback to the night of the tragedy has me baffled, what were they all doing out in a boat after dark...waiting to rendevous with Howard Marks, checking their lobster pots, harvesting seaweed or what. When the mother says save me in the flashback clip somebody clearly says No, is it her son ?

I think it's her son Dermot who is now the killer priest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

tina1040 wrote: »

It's not on bbc til thurs so maybe rte not allowed have it on demand til then

That's what my post said. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does Agnus knw they fr Dermot is a lunatic cause she got a bit worried when she found out Tommy was with him ???

She's deff hiding something cause she's very angry towards Kat???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I had to laugh at the horse in the graveyard! Just the sort of thing you expect to see in Dunmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will something happen to the guards babie???

Maybe Kat will get knocked into her and see will miscarrie ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will something happen to the guards babie???

Maybe Kat will get knocked into her and see will miscarrie ??

Shes gone a fair bit to miscarry. Still birth perhaps due to injury to the child but she looks ready to pop to simply miscarry. Correct me if im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Thought the second episode was better than the first. It built up a bit of suspense and intrigue between the characters. For example, the American cousin and the Irish farmer seemed to have some history.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Watched the second episode last night on the RTE player. At least it's not being dragged out all that much. Will they discover that Dermot killed Lance and then Dermot leaves with Kat and Alfie to go back to Walford I wonder? Will Zoe come back to be reunited with her twin brother? The look on Agnes's face when the will was being read out was priceless. All those years and that's all Lance left her with.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

KKkitty wrote: »
    Watched the second episode last night on the RTE player. At least it's not being dragged out all that much. Will they discover that Dermot killed Lance and then Dermot leaves with Kat and Alfie to go back to Walford I wonder? Will Zoe come back to be reunited with her twin brother? The look on Agnes's face when the will was being read out was priceless. All those years and that's all Lance left her with.

I've a funny feeling there will be lots more twists and turns. Is Dermot really Kat's son? I'm not convinced. Bearing in mind there are four episodes left, the plot could go in many directions yet.

And LOL at Agnes saying she would have killed Lance herself if she had known what was in the will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Strazdas wrote: »
    I've a funny feeling there will be lots more twists and turns. Is Dermot really Kat's son? I'm not convinced. Bearing in mind there are four episodes left, the plot could go in many directions yet.

And LOL at Agnes saying she would have killed Lance herself if she had known what was in the will :D

Sure Agnes wouldn't have been thrown out by her daughters so what was the point in giving her the house and land anyway. I hope Dermot is Kat's son. It'd be a bit stupid if it was Andrew after Dermot killing Lance and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Agnes didn't look happy at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Alice1 wrote: »
    Agnes didn't look happy at all!

She was fuming! Lance put in a pointed dig too about how they had been through good times and bad times.....seems they had a rocky marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It's stupid that Kat didn't tell her son the truth about who his father was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some of the stuff in this doesn't come across as being Irish in tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Anyone else see a similarity between the priest and Jeremy Irons' character in The Mission?

c52b9b85c4d319e1aba2a2d0e9385b45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭George White

It's stupid that Kat didn't tell her son the truth about who his father was.

"Yeah, your dad was Michael Elphick - you see, he was my uncle, and he raped me. Don't worry, he was playing a character, a bad character. He wasn't Boon at the time. He died shortly after. Such a pity."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Giving it a chance again this week. Feel like there are a few more plot twists to come.

All these deaths at sea are worse than a JM Synge play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Wouldn't you think Dermot would be interested in asking about his twin or has Kat even mentioned or told her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

There's fairly confusing ages/relationships between the gang in this soap .
    Kat is a hundred times better looking without the plastered on makeup that we would usually see on EE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oops, Tommy could be next!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Bullocks wrote: »
    There's fairly confusing ages/relationships between the gang in this soap .
    Kat is a hundred times better looking without the plastered on makeup that we would usually see on EE

What do you find confusing?

• Advertisement

If I got a pint of stout as flat as those, I'd send it back.

Advertisement