Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

there's No contracts and NO Extra charges - only what you currently pay depending on your usage.

There's no stamp duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

There's no stamp duty?

why the hell would there be stamp duty?

Seve OB wrote: »
    why the hell would there be stamp duty?

Most accounts do

Most accounts do

such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Quick question.

I spent €60 on diesel in Topaz in county Limerick. When I signed up for rewards I selected my address as Limerick and it shows 5 or 6 stations around the city. I didn't buy the fuel in any of them.

I didn't get the cash back yet and it hasn't shown up in my offers retrieved or anything. I purchased maybe on Friday last week.

So just wondering do you have to buy from selected Topaz's in your vicinity?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

such as?

There is stamp duty on all bank cards. If a bank isn't charging you it, they're paying it for you.

12c per transaction on ATM and debit cards capped at 2.50 (ATM) 5 (debit) a year
    30 euro a year on credit or charge cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

daheff wrote: »
    I heard about this on the radio today. They mentioned the Lidl deal is only for 2 weeks. So what happens after that? Is there no deal with Lidl or is it replaced by another deal?

My fear is you sign up for this (probably a 12 mth contract), you pay a little extra bank fees in the hope of getting rewards, only for the rewards to dry up
    you arent really losing anything apart from the time to sign up. Maybe the rewards  will dry up but hopefully more rewards will be added and more shops will come aboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

There's no stamp duty?

There's no additional stamp duty, as you already pay for owing credit card or debit card. This is just a reward scheme at no additional charges.

There's no additional stamp duty, as you already pay for owing credit card or debit card. This is just a reward scheme at no additional charges.

Ah okay, I'm not currently with AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah okay, I'm not currently with AIB

PTSB have it as well if you happen to be with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks op. Went shopping in Lidl on Saturday last and received 10euro into my account this morning. Also went to boots yesterday and spent over 30euro, so should be due my fiver at some stage :) My fuel tank is also due a fill soon, so reckon I'll avail of the Topaz offer before the deadline :D

Re emails: You can sign up to receive notifications for pending rewards & upcoming offers via the dashboard iirc

L1011 wrote: »
    There is stamp duty on all bank cards. If a bank isn't charging you it, they're paying it for you.

12c per transaction on ATM and debit cards capped at 2.50 (ATM) 5 (debit) a year
    30 euro a year on credit or charge cards.

yea I know all that

but Tilted Brain mention that accounts have stamp duty. no accounts incur stamp duty. stamp duty is on the cards as you point out

he questioned if there would be stamp duty on the rewards deals, but as above, stamp duty is per the card so not applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Looks like everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon now.
    http://www.newstalk.com/How-to-get-cashback-on-your-card-transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

suave.4u wrote: »

That's not a bad thing. The more people signed up for it, the more retailers will want to get on board with the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Quick question.

I spent €60 on diesel in Topaz in county Limerick. When I signed up for rewards I selected my address as Limerick and it shows 5 or 6 stations around the city. I didn't buy the fuel in any of them.

I didn't get the cash back yet and it hasn't shown up in my offers retrieved or anything. I purchased maybe on Friday last week.

So just wondering do you have to buy from selected Topaz's in your vicinity?

Mine wasn't listed on the selected ones, but was on the wider Google map linked to on the site.
    I got my cash back notification earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

if you spend over €5000 on the card within a 12 month period and earn over €40,000, not exactly the target audience of people looking to get money off in Lidl. and I'm not in need of another credit card even though I pay it off fully per month.

I have this card and will gladly take the money off in Lidl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

As someone who has gotten mails ... I spent money in boots on a Friday and got e-mail on Sunday.

Went to Lidl on Monday and got mail on Wednesday

Seems to be about 48 hrs give or take from transaction to getting confirmation e-mails

So I've used a couple of offers,

Boots, Lidl, Butlers and Elverys

What sort of place would you like to see on it and what offers? Also do you think that it's just going to be Very good offers for the first few weeks until they get more people signing up then drop significantly to useless ones?

Anyone been a member of the PTSB rewards can you advise if the offers fizzle out or stay great?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What sort of place would you like to see on it and what offers? Also do you think that it's just going to be Very good offers for the first few weeks until they get more people signing up then drop significantly to useless ones?

Anyone been a member of the PTSB rewards can you advise if the offers fizzle out or stay great?

They have the same topaz offer at the moment and 5 off 30 spend in lidl.

They have the h&m and boots ones also. Mostly it's similar to what AIB have currently.

suave.4u wrote: »

yea it was discussed on the breakfast show this morning also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am a member of PTSB rewards and the initial few weeks when it launched plenty of offers , then it gradually decreased.
    Aib do appear to have more offers and higher discounts than what PTSB had at the beginning, let's hope it continues.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I am a member of PTSB rewards and the initial few weeks when it launched plenty of offers , then it gradually decreased.
    Aib do appear to have more offers and higher discounts than what PTSB had at the beginning, let's hope it continues.

There are some foods ones at the monument with ptsb, in particular topaz and boots

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

For what it's worth ...

Signed up last Friday with my credit card
    Bought petrol in Topaz on Sunday
    Cost appeared on internet banking on Monday
    Email notification of discount on Wednesday
    Discount taken off account on Thursday (yesterday)

Slowly but surely working through some of the offers, I do like that (for the moment) it's actually for places that I go to!

417146.png

I wonder if some restaurants came on board such as TGIF, Milano or maybe through Just Eat ..or other supermarkets, tesco, centra etc..

or if they did a partnership with myTaxi or Hailo maybe 1 euro back for every tenner

myTaxi or Hailo

my taxi is failo oops, I mean hailo

• Registered Users Posts: 38 La.m

For those few that are not seeing any offers try logging on with your phone. The offers are there when I log on from my phone but not when I use my computer :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

La.m wrote: »
    For those few that are not seeing any offers try logging on with your phone. The offers are there when I log on from my phone but not when I use my computer :confused:

Yep exact same thing happening me, strange one... I've tried different browsers and it still shows no offers. Logged in on the phone this morning and it shows them all, and also shows that I qualified for the Topaz one so I'll hit lidl this evening :D

my taxi is failo oops, I mean hailo

yeah I know was gonna say myTaxi or Hailo or what ever they're calling themselves these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Hi how long it takes that my savings will show up in myaccount? I did shopping today in lidl for 50e and still 0e saving on my reward account?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's takes a few days, I think it's varying from person to person.

Advertisement