Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

So spent money in Boots last week, got the email a day later and today got the fiver into my account. Yay!

416947.png

hoping for a tenner from Lidl in the next few days or so

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭NinetyForNone

maybe off topic but is it the retailer that 'takes the hit' for the moneyback?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

keane2097 wrote: »
    When I registered my second card it took a day or two but eventually all offers ended up being available for both cards.
    I registered both cards one after the other, within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

maybe off topic but is it the retailer that 'takes the hit' for the moneyback?

I'm only guessing, but as Visa are the promoters of this offer, they probably take a bigger hit, followed by Bank and then the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Registered on Sat. Did the shop in Lidl on Sunday but still noting.
    Might have done something wrong? did not get an e-mail saying its been processed. Spent €78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I would imagine the retailer has to be paying something towards it. it's not as if they don't know about it, they are basically advertising for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Registered on Sat. Did the shop in Lidl on Sunday but still noting.
    Might have done something wrong? did not get an e-mail saying its been processed. Spent €78
    Still waiting myself... I did a shop on Saturday.

I can see the following on my account:

Screen_Shot_2017-05-10_at_12.20.13.png

But no e-mail or reimbursement has hit the card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

TheDriver wrote:
    Is that on the rewards page? I looked for it few days ago but didn't see it. My local topaz is not owned by topaz and payment is always a weird company name so don't know how they'd know it was topaz.

I selected the Topaz reward and there's a map showing nearest shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

choons wrote: »
    Signed up and spent €36 in Lidl today. Will report back . . .

Success, €10 in my account this morning.

Interestingly, I did not get an email!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Basq wrote: »

Thanks, just checked my AIB rewards account & its the same for me.

So far,
    Never got the e-mail like others.
    Noting showing in the account but i think it will come now its showing on the AIB Rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Logged in.

No offers available.

Anyone else encounter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Being such a loyal BOI customer I'm starting to think of switching:
    - no reward cards
    - no Apple Pay
    - no mobile app with charge notification (3-4 days lag before it appears online)
    - no security tokens
    - etc....

OMG, when will they upgrade?

Sorry of off topic, just can't stand it anymore.
    whats a security token?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Denisoftus wrote: »
    - no reward cards

SV points on credit card purchases for some time now

Everything else - yes, their IT systems are archaic and they take years to add anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

So today i did purchase of 40e in Lidl and 55e in Topaz. Will wait few days and see the magic. I used credit card so might take few extra days.

Will update you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Registered Saturday, filled up in Topaz and shopped in Lidl on Sunday. Got the emails today confirming cash back processing. Thanks to OP and all the contributors. Communions this weekend so I needed to save some cash!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Basq wrote: »

Exact same for me. Hopefully it'll be in my account by the end of the week.

byte wrote: »
    Exact same for me. Hopefully it'll be in my account by the end of the week.
    €10 just appeared in my account this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Registered last Thursday. Spent over the required amount in Boots and Topaz and did some online shopping in M&S over the weekend.

No emails, no money. Have sent them a message through the rewards site

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Severe lack of patience being shown folks. If you spent money over the weekend it wouldn't have come off your card until Monday (even Tuesday). It's only Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Severe lack of patience being shown folks. If you spent money over the weekend it wouldn't have come off your card until Monday (even Tuesday). It's only Thursday.

There's pages of posts from people who at least got an email. I checked pending in my account and nothing. It's not impatience it's concern!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There are other posts from people who got no email but have the refund noted on their rewards account too though.

I'd be giving it more than 2/3 days before sending emails to them is all I'm saying. Banks move money slowly. Been a policy for decades.

athtrasna wrote: »
    No emails,  no money. Have sent them a message through the rewards site
    I never got an e-mail... I only got my reimbursement to my account this morning after spending the required amount in Lidl on Saturday.
    It does take time... if it appears on the website, it'll come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I did my groceries in Lidl on Sunday, got the email late last night (this was with CC rather than DC). The transaction is listed under Offer History on the site now also. No money in the account yet.

The Lidl offer has now disappeared from my list of offers, so it looks like you can't use the same offer with two different cards from the same bank.

Interestingly, my PTSB card also has a Lidl offer (€5 back on €30 spend) and that seems to still be active. Just need to remember the pin for it now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

I had 3 cards registered to the one account, I deleted 2 of them, And set up new accounts for each, Using the "adding the dot . with my gmail account"
    Have offer available on all three cards now, So if you do loose the offer this is a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    I had 3 cards registered to the one account, I deleted 2 of them, And set up new accounts for each, Using the "adding the dot . with my gmail account"
    Have offer available on all three cards now, So if you do loose the offer this is a way around it.

How can you have 3 cards to the one account?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Del007 wrote: »
    How can you have 3 cards to the one account?

You Just Add a Card to your account

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

I heard about this on the radio today. They mentioned the Lidl deal is only for 2 weeks. So what happens after that? Is there no deal with Lidl or is it replaced by another deal?

My fear is you sign up for this (probably a 12 mth contract), you pay a little extra bank fees in the hope of getting rewards, only for the rewards to dry up

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

daheff wrote: »
    I heard about this on the radio today. They mentioned the Lidl deal is only for 2 weeks. So what happens after that? Is there no deal with Lidl or is it replaced by another deal?

My fear is you sign up for this (probably a 12 mth contract), you pay a little extra bank fees in the hope of getting rewards, only for the rewards to dry up

There's no contract. Whether the deals deteriorate or not it's better than getting nothing for your purchases which was the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

daheff wrote: »

there's No contracts and NO Extra charges - only what you currently pay depending on your usage.

Advertisement