Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on Fat and Weight Loss Please

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

So was there any reason you suggested lemon water rather than plain water which was the question I asked?

Is it a flavour preference meaning mint, lime, lemon, cucumber etc would do or lemon in particular?
    All the above would be great in water it does not have to be lemon,:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

did you ever try this tip I posted ?:confused:

That's not the point, they're asking how lemon water can bring you into a deeper caloric deficit (it can't, but eating less/lower-calorie food can).

cactusgal wrote: »
    That's not the point, they're asking how lemon water can bring you into a deeper caloric deficit (it can't, but eating less/lower-calorie food can).
    Did you try my tip yet?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'll try your tip if you'd care to explain clearly how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I've read a few tips before that suggest if you feel hungry you should drink a glass of water first. As it might be thirst you're actually feeling.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/how-drinking-water-helps-weight-loss.html

A lot of people don't like the taste of water so if they had some flavour in it the might try that.

If it is just thirst then you're not consuming the calories you would have if you'd eaten something instead.

• Advertisement

If weight loss was as simple as drinking chilled lemon water, I'd be as slim as a reed. I drink my weight in water because I like it. It doesn't slim you down, though, because it doesn't magically make you burn more calories than you eat. If only!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hrududu wrote: »
    I've read a few tips before that suggest if you feel hungry you should drink a glass of water first. As it might be thirst you're actually feeling.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/how-drinking-water-helps-weight-loss.html

A lot of people don't like the taste of water so if they had some flavour in it the might try that.

If it is just thirst then you're not consuming the calories you would have if you'd eaten something instead.

Yes I know alll that already. Water has no taste btw.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Try my tip and get back to me. You will feel 100 percent a lot better .:cool:

If weight loss was as simple as drinking chilled lemon water, I'd be as slim as a reed. I drink my weight in water because I like it. It doesn't slim you down, though, because it doesn't magically make you burn more calories than you eat. If only!
    Try my tip and then get back to me you will feel amazing.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Try my tip and get back to me. You will feel 100 percent a lot better .:cool:
    You know, I was going to post a really witty reply to your nonsense, but I've decided a more practical approach would be to just stick you on <ignore>. It won't make me feel 100% better, but it can't hurt. It'll certainly make the internet seem a much smarter place.

Jesus. If you carry on like this in your real life, it's more than soggy lemons you need...

• Advertisement

Did you not read my short post? I drink chilled lemon water all the time. It won't make me, or the OP, lose weight. Which is the whole point of this thread. Have you read the whole thread? If not, you should.

endacl wrote: »
    You know, I was going to post a really witty reply to your nonsense, but I've decided a more practical approach would be to just stick you on <ignore>. It won't make me feel 100% better, but it can't hurt. It'll certainly make the internet seem a much smarter place.

Jesus. If you carry on like this in your real life, it's more than soggy lemons you need...
    My tip for you would be ** **** **** ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

My tip for you would be ** **** **** ****.

There's no need to be hostile you made a statement people asked you to explain it.

Drinking water doesn't help anyone lose weight, if it did no one would be overweight.

Did you not read my short post? I drink chilled lemon water all the time. It won't make me, or the OP, lose weight. Which is the whole point of this thread. Have you read the whole thread? If not, you should.
    but what are eating?:confused: by doing my tip it stops you from drinking sugar drinks which make fat.:cool:

There's no need to be hostile you made a statement people asked you to explain it.

Drinking water doesn't help anyone lose weight, if it did no one would be overweight.
    there just stars i give as a tip.:cool:

Do you see you want Drama all I sent you was stars* just stars I put no letters there just stars* * *:cool: *

You are very rude poster by calling my post names Like you saying nonsense you are being very rude soggy lemons do you hear your self you are the most rudest poster here by far,:mad:

Er it wasn't to me?

Still waiting to hear the magic weight loss power of water... :D
    Try it first then get back to me it just a` tip `not a:cool: science class.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just tried this.
    Lemon in my water for the day. Drank loads, about 4L for the day.
    Feel no different. Appetite was the exact same. Drank the same amount if water as always. Snacks and meals were the same.
    :confused:

Mellor wrote: »
    Just tried this.
    Lemon in my water for the day. Drank loads, about 4L for the day.
    Feel no different. Appetite was the exact same. Drank the same amount if water as always. Snacks and meals were the same.
    :confused:
    A day just a day?:confused:.

• Advertisement

A day just a day?:confused:.
    Friday Saturday and Sunday. It's niw Monday and I'm out of lemons. I do have limes.
    I've drinking that amount if water for weeks however.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be noticing with the lemons

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Friday Saturday and Sunday. It's niw Monday and I'm out of lemons. I do have limes.

Are you using ordinary lemons? I think you should be using special lemons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Limes are lovely in sparkling water.
    Not a weight loss tip though :)

You said a day?:confused: .

Are you using ordinary lemons? I think you should be using special lemons.
    You must shop in Harrods in London for special lemons then?.:confused:

You said a day?:confused: .

No I didn't. In the previous post I said THE day. Refering to fact that I'd have 4L over the course of the day. Continuous tense, not past tense.

I'll try to have 4L today also. And will continue at 4L.
    What should I notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

@Mellor did you get the magic lipotirm or herbalife lemons?  lolz

if your drinking is as a total replacement for all fluids over a long time you can expect:
    enamel wear on your teeth (maybe use straw just in case), potential increased heart burn and over the long term IBS or other stomach or bowel issues due to the PH as well as GERD symptoms and dehydration- dehydration over the long term causing kidney and gallbladder issues.
    sounds super healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

if your drinking is as a total replacement for all fluids over a long time you can expect: enamel wear on your teeth (maybe use straw just in case), potential increased heart burn and over the long term IBS or other stomach or bowel issues due to the PH as well as GERD symptoms and dehydration- dehydration over the long term causing kidney and gallbladder issues. sounds super healthy!

How would replacing water with water with a lemon in it dehydrate you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Lads are ye all stupid or what?

Why are you drinking it? She just says to put it in the fridge for it to work.
    Cut up a Lemon and buy a large glass jug and fill it up with water ever day. Put the jug of water and lemon into the fridge and do this 7 days a week great for keep weight off stops you from eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Lads are ye all stupid or what?

Why are you drinking it? She just says to put it in the fridge for it to work.

I think I get it...by not putting the lemon in with the water, you're cutting the calories of the lemon water so that it's basically negative calories.

Genius.

Advertisement