Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Much the same, not feeling excited about going to class in the morning, but it has to be done. Other than that, I'm good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Much the same, not feeling excited about going to class in the morning, but it has to be done. Other than that, I'm good

I'm the same. 2 hours and 20 minutes of maths straight

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Shpud2 wrote: »

i used to love maths, but that length of time would do my head in.

It would wreck your head. Starts at 8 too :(

It would wreck your head. Starts at 8 too :(

Half an hour of music or something to unwind & then bed with no electronics to clear the mind.s

• Advertisement

Actually my idea of hell

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Half an hour of music or something to unwind & then bed with no electronics to clear the mind.s

I wish I had that luxury. Just putting the maths book away now and moving on to physics.

Actually my idea of hell

Welcome to my world

I wish I had that luxury. Just putting the maths book away now and moving on to physics.

No idea how you work so late into the night

No idea how you work so late into the night

Not like I've anything else to do. I can't sleep anyway so I push myself to study. Been going since 6 this evening almost non stop.

• Advertisement

Not like I've anything else to do. I can't sleep anyway so I push myself to study. Been going since 6 this evening almost non stop.

Whereas with me, if I don't have something done by 9pm at the latest, it's not getting done tonight

Whereas with me, if I don't have something done by 9pm at the latest, it's not getting done tonight

Time means nothing to me. 9pm to 7am makes no difference.

I'm very stuck to a routine though, even though I don't mean to be. 9pm is the start of relaxing time, that's when I watch TV and just chill out

I'm envious of that. Much as I try stick to routine I can't.

As I said, I don't even mean to. But at certain points during the day I'm like "you have to do this thing now, it's time"

I'm just constantly going almost 24/7 some days so its just a case of fitting in things at whatever time I have available instead of having a more set time such as yourself.

I have days like that as well, but most of the time I try and stick to it, even subconsciously

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

I’d be envious of anyone able to study for that long. I genuinely believe I’ve lost the ability to learn or retain anything new!

Gwildor wrote: »
    I’d be envious of anyone able to study for that long. I genuinely believe I’ve lost the ability to learn or retain anything new!

I'm running myself into the ground with all this study crap. Between that and pain I am always going and it wears me down so much. So I wouldn't be too envious.

I'm running myself into the ground with all this study crap. Between that and pain I am always going and it wears me down so much. So I wouldn't be too envious.

You really should try and take some time to relax every now and then, burning yourself out won't do you any good

• Advertisement

I have days like that as well, but most of the time I try and stick to it, even subconsciously

Nice that you can manage that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

More envious of the capacity to do it, not the effects it has on you. That doesn’t sound great at all

Gwildor wrote: »
    More envious of the capacity to do it, not the effects it has on you. That doesn’t sound great at all

My capacity to study is no greater than anyone else's. In fact its a lot worse than most of my friends ability.

Happy Friday #First

Is it not past your bedtime young Ted?

Happy Friday Ted!

I give up :(

Shpud2 wrote:
    Is it not past your bedtime young Ted?

It was young Shpudkins, awake too early now too. :(