Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which do you prefer Dub T1 or T2?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I did post already but I can't emphasise enough how much easier and more pleasant it is to get the airport's mediocre public transport options from T1 than it is from T2. Easier to get an electric socket landside in T1 than it is in T2, going my by last recollection of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Unless you're getting the 747 bus, which leaves T1 and takes a lovely long way around to T2.

Never got that bus from T1 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

T1, the long queues in T2 are 3rd world.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JCX BXC wrote: »
    My point was that there is no signposting for T1, and the average Joe won't understand that a sign saying 1xx gates means Terminal 1.

And my point is that Average Joe doesn't need to know, or care.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

L1011 wrote: »
    And my point is that Average Joe doesn't need to know, or care.

When you're being told there's signs for T1 in T2 and there's not, then you do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

When you're being told there's signs for T1 in T2 and there's not, then you do ;)

Evedintly you do care yes....;) the door in the corner by the bookshop is (or was atleast) signposted for T1

The gate numbers are signposted also if your going down the escalator and turning right. I don't know if the door mentioned above is still for public use, I last used it in 2015

Unless you're getting the 747 bus, which leaves T1 and takes a lovely long way around to T2.

Never got that bus from T1 again!
    That doesn't make much sense if you think about it. The 747 gets to T2 quicker than it would if you walked it the quickest possible way (i.e. not by the rather poorly-signposted way). I've caught up with it but only at jogging speed going through the short term car park and dodging cars at the vehicle entrance. If more people got on at T1 instead, there would be less dwell time at T2 with the current arrangement also.

There's also a much higher chance of a seat, with the decent chance of getting on the bus a few minutes before departure, while otherwise there's a couple of metal seats at T2, in the wind tunnel that is the waiting area...

No more so than the Airlink is T1 a better experience, unless you get travelsickness and want to minimise time spent on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Uln0311

That doesn't make much sense if you think about it. The 747 gets to T2 quicker than it would if you walked it the quickest possible way (i.e. not by the rather poorly-signposted way). I've caught up with it but only at jogging speed going through the short term car park and dodging cars at the vehicle entrance. If more people got on at T1 instead, there would be less dwell time at T2 with the current arrangement also.

There's also a much higher chance of a seat, with the decent chance of getting on the bus a few minutes before departure, while otherwise there's a couple of metal seats at T2, in the wind tunnel that is the waiting area...

No more so than the Airlink is T1 a better experience, unless you get travelsickness and want to minimise time spent on the bus.

Hmmm... Well I used to work for that bus company both before and after the T2 opening. For those who used the Airlink service before, the new route added a substantial amount of time to the journey. Driving around...then loading...passengers searching for cash etc. I suppose if you didn't use the old service, you wouldn't notice the extra time it now adds. I think that's what people are getting at...maybe. The journey feels longer in comparison. Side note: ugh that wind tunnel.

Uln0311 wrote: »
    Hmmm... Well I used to work for that bus company both before and after the T2 opening. For those who used the Airlink service before, the new route added a substantial amount of time to the journey. Driving around...then loading...passengers searching for cash etc. I suppose if you didn't use the old service, you wouldn't notice the extra time it now adds. I think that's what people are getting at...maybe. The journey feels longer in comparison. Side note: ugh that wind tunnel.
    You used to work for the commercial dept? The above I agree with, but it's quite separate to the point of "which is better to board as a passenger?". It's the same arrival time in the city centre whether you get on at T1 or T2, unless you're the only one who would be at T2 as the driver will head on otherwise without stopping. T2 adds extra time, but that's independent of whether you personally get on at T1 or T2. So you'd be better off going from the terminal that will get you a better seat, more luggage space and a nicer wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Uln0311

Yeah Commercial...great bunch of lads! I was offering it as a suggestion as to why others don't like getting the Airlink (or similar) from T1. This was info I gathered on the ground. If you get used to something, change can be unwelcome. Just suggesting a potential explanation as to why others may prefer T2.
    Personally if I have to use public transport to connect from airport to my house, then I prefer T1 for the same reasons you listed. Most of the time I have a car parked/a lift and for these trips I prefer T2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

You will find the reason that vehicles start at T1 is because that is where they finish and T2 arrivals and departures foot trafic are on two different roads anyway.

Airlink and Aircoach don't do it because they are being awkward, it's simply because of the infrastructure and airport layout.

Advertisement