Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

pc7 wrote: »
    It’s called what’s missing, presented by Casefile

Downloaded it yesterday and was surprised to hear a different host!

Red Handed did Rachel O'Reilly this week, they were a bit hyper but still a good cover of it.

Gawd that host duo are insufferable. Isn't there a similar American duo that are similar, or possibly worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

glasso wrote: »
    Gawd that host duo are insufferable. Isn't there a similar American duo that are similar, or possibly worse?

There is. I can’t think of the name of it off hand but I know the one you’re talking about. Two women just rambling incoherently.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Aw I usually like Red Handed, they were just a bit ott this week

There is. I can’t think of the name of it off hand but I know the one you’re talking about. Two women just rambling incoherently.

Pretty sure it's "My Favorite Murder"

head-wreckers

will admit that the red-handed crowd are not as bad but not great either.

at the risk of sounding misogynistic, female voices, especially if there's a duo, don't work that well, for me anyways. gets too screechy usually as they try to talk over each other / match loudness

some solo ones are ok e.g. Men's Rea, Canadian True Crime

• Advertisement

Tried to listen to that episode and lasted only 5 minutes, insufferable

Jim Root wrote: »
    Tried to listen to that episode and lasted only 5 minutes, insufferable

when they stared talking about big black c*** that was it -> cut.

to be balanced, some of ones (can't remember the names) with 2 or 3 lads drinking craft beers (nothing against craft beer but sometimes these podcasts appear to be more a craft beer adverts more than a podcast) talking shyte about crime histories are also very bad.

just not as nasally screechy

to be balanced, some of ones (can't remember the names) with 2 or 3 lads drinking craft beers (nothing against craft beer but sometimes these podcasts appear to be more a craft beer adverts more than a podcast) talking shyte about crime histories are also very bad.

just not as nasally screechy

That’s true. I like structure in my podcasts, not people waffling and trying to be funny over irritating gulp noises. It’s a gender agnostic preference!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

I've just stumbled onto this excellent thread. How can I download episodes? Do I have to pay a subscription? TIA

• Advertisement

maebee wrote: »
    I've just stumbled onto this excellent thread. How can I download episodes? Do I have to pay a subscription? TIA

for Casefile?

no the episodes are free

install a free podcast app on your phone (e.g. podcast addict for android)

and search for casefile to add (+ icon in a circle for podcast addict)

you'll know that you have the correct one by the podcast icon

some of the first 100 episodes have the best ones imo

Case 28: Lindsay Buziak for example might be a good one to start with

you could also access them on a laptop from here but a phone is the most convenient really

https://casefilepodcast.com/case-28-lindsay-buziak/

80688.jpg

Thanks very much glasso. I've downloaded episodes 1-10. I've been using Borrowbox for years for library audio books but was looking for something different to listen to. Casefile sounds the biz. Off out now for a long walk and hopefully a good listen. Thanks again.

Thanks very much glasso. I've downloaded episodes 1-10. I've been using Borrowbox for years for library audio books but was looking for something different to listen to. Casefile sounds the biz. Off out now for a long walk and hopefully a good listen. Thanks again.

you're using it through the podcast addict app on your phone then?

You’ve about 150 cases to savour, enjoy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’d highly recommend Jennifer Pan, Tina Watson and Daniel Morcombe (one of the saddest stories but amazing police work). The Silk Road is very good but divided people and I thought their EAR was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

I’d highly recommend Jennifer Pan, Tina Watson and Daniel Morcombe (one of the saddest stories but amazing police work). The Silk Road is very good but divided people and I thought their EAR was good too.

Peter Falconio.

Sherri Rasmussen for it been so absolutely bat sh1t.

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Peter Falconio.

Sherri Rasmussen for it been so absolutely bat sh1t.

Oh yeah Sherri mad story alright.

you're using it through the podcast addict app on your phone then?

No. Showed your reply to my son who reminded me that I have Spotify on my phone. Listened to the first 4 episodes this evening. I'm hooked 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The Dennis Nilsen case was superbly done. Ivan Milat (Belanglo) 5-parter as well.

Oh yeah denis was very good, think a tv series is coming out of that one? Must check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Oh yeah denis was very good, think a tub series is coming out of that one? Must check

Dramatised series called 'Des' on the Denis Nielson story starring David Tennant starting next Monday night on ITV for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

On the current episode, case 155, can anyone tell me what they say to each other on the audio clip at around 57:25? Casefile rarely play audio but some podcast regularly play clips were I can’t make out a word, it’s really annoying and leaves me thinking I must have missed something important

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

The newest episode is about Shergar! Haven't listened yet but should be a good one.

ciaradx wrote: »
    The newest episode is about Shergar! Haven't listened yet but should be a good one.

oh praise be.

we can finally breathe the same exalted air as that of the 2 euro a moth patreon big-ballers and sample this episode!

Thanks for all the tips. I've listened to 12 cases so far.

The North Hollywood shootout - unbelievable. I googled it afterwards - unbelievable camera footage of the event.

Just finished Katherine Knight. OMG she was some psycho.

Holly & Jessica - I struggled with this one. It's still so raw. I couldn't get the girls' faces out of my mind :(

I've recommended "Casefile" to a friend on the strength of posts on this thread and she has recommended "The Teacher's Pet" to me. Has anybody listened to it?

The North Hollywood shootout - unbelievable. I googled it afterwards - unbelievable camera footage of the event.

Holly & Jessica - I struggled with this one. It's still so raw. I couldn't get the girls' faces out of my mind :(

I've recommended "Casefile" to a friend on the strength of posts on this thread and she has recommended "The Teacher's Pet" to me. Has anybody listened to it?

Teachers Pet is great. It rambles on a bit, purely because it was a developing investigation at the time, but I found it to be really excellent. It's quite different to Casefile though, in that it focuses on one case over multiple episodes rather than one episode per case.

Other great podcasts in that style that I can recommend are:

-In The Dark
    -Someone Knows Something
    -Serial (season 1)

If you prefer the one case per episode style, then a couple of recommendations are:

-They Walk Among Us
    -Canadian True Crime
    -Mens Rea podcast.

Enjoy!

not true crime per se, but seeing as you seem to be relatively new to podcasts I 'd really recommend "S-Town" - such a unique experience across 7 episodes.

don't read anything about it and just try it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Would recommend Teachers Pet also.
    Also MensRea which covers mainly Irish cases.

Teachers Pet guy has a new one called the Night Driver out, he’s a nice voice.

Hunting Warhead is one of the best of ever listened too, chasing a paedophile ring on the dark web. Hard listen but amazing work.

• Advertisement

Teachers Pet guy has a new one called the Night Driver out, he’s a nice voice.

Hunting Warhead is one of the best of ever listened too, chasing a paedophile ring on the dark web. Hard listen but amazing work.

Hunting Warhead was unreal. Disturbing as hell but absolutely fantastic.

Night Driver is also really good so far. I like Hedley Thomas's style of podcast. Really good journalist.

Advertisement