Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confession Box Thread: the worst thing you ever did?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I talked an ex into bed - not because I really wanted to give it another go, like I'd told her, but because I wanted her new relationship to be tainted by cheating right from the start. Which I gleefully told her as she left the next morning.

I justified it at the time because there was some 'overlap' between her finishing with me and starting with him but now I'm morto at the vindictive pettiness of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

Sometimes, when my bum burps and its really smelly, I blame it on the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Me and some friends used to rob cars. At the time we thought we were cool but looking back on it, I would have been 14 to 16 years old, even from when I was 17 I regretted everyone of the times we took a car. I think we would take about 3 a week. Never got caught in one. I'm in my late 30s now and would love to be able to give the younger me a good thumping!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Years ago when i was 15/16 we used to put cavity blocks in paper bags and leave them in the middle of the road.
    We could have really hurt someone or worse and like the previous poster I'd love to travel back in time and slap some sense into the younger me.

That was probably the worst.We also used to smear dog **** under car door handles.

Another time just as the pound coin was released we drilled a load of them and hilti nailed them to the ground outside this shopping centre.Sat back and watched hundreds of people trying to get them off the ground.Think one of the lads still has camcorder footage of that somewhere.Was funny at the time as there was probably 20 of them all nailed to the ground.In 1990 twenty pounds was a lot of money.

Oh yeah there was also this bus stop with loads of trees over it that all the old women used to get the bus home from bingo.So anyway some of the lads decided to dress up in monkey costumes,climb the trees and throw bananas at them.That was all well and good until one lunatic decided to take it too far and piss on the oul wans as they were waiting on the buses.the locals all thought there were real monkeys loose in the area.
    Trees were cut down a few weeks after that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

When I was young I went to piano lessons. Hated it. This one particular Saturday as I walking to my lesson I made up an elaborate lie to get out of going. I ran home and told my mother that a man had asked me did I want to go into his house so I ran all the way home. And obviously too traumatised for the lesson 😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Pinched sweets from a little village shop on the Shannon when I was about 12/13 on a dare.

Cheated on an ex once but it was after I found out he was cheating on me! We broke up pretty soon afterwards as there was just no trust left.

Lied for years and years to family and friends over my drinking. I was the last to see that I had a serious problem. The amount of bare faced lies I would make up was astounding. Got to the point where I pinched some money off a sibling in order to get booze. Not my finest moment.:(

Drank drove a few times. Very ashamed about that. Didn't get caught but could have killed somebody.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Used the loo when I was 9 in a (then) mate's house and there was (shock, horror!!) no toilet paper to wipe my arse with. So I used a hand towel and tried to fold it back to hide the stains.:eek: Never heard from that mate again!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Intimidated the new very easily embarrassed teacher with an obvious boner in my pants in class every class for weeks...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Years ago when i was 15/16 we used to put cavity blocks in paper bags and leave them in the middle of the road.
    If you saw a shoebox lying around at the beach you'd probably kick it ?

I've heard of someone who ended up in A&E because it had a brick in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Monster

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Citroen2cv

but the worst thing I ever done: I mixed up all this fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. And I never felt so bad in my entire life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That from The Goonies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

I sent an anonymous letter to the parents of a brat who was bullying my child and others to tell them she was sending tit pics to first year boys which she was, don't really feel bad to be honest . They probably didn't believe their precious could do such a thing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm a carer for my mother for the last few years and although I love it and would do anything for her, it's also very frustrating at times and we have said some horrible things to each other. Sometimes through utter frustration I can get very impatient with her and I once told her she was a burden to me and how my life has been altered for the worse since she got ill and that made her cry. I wish I could go back in time and take back those words. I hate myself for saying that to her. We have a great relationship and I'd do anything for her and she knows that, but I don't think she'll ever forget me saying that to her.

Maybe you don't need to go back in time to take those words back. Explain to your Mother that you were very stressed at the time and didn't actually mean what you said.

Maybe you already did but that doesn't mean not to do it again. It's obviously something that's still bothering you. Don't end up regretting NOT having that chat with her. You certainly won't regret bringing it up with her.

I know you didn't ask for my advise but I just think it would be better for you to think of your Mother smiling rather than that time you made her cry saying words you didn't mean.

Massive respect to you for the sacrifices you've made to be there for your Mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Petty theft from supermarkets as a teenager. It was so easy and I got a kick from it. Little brat.

Cheated on a boyfriend too. Not so long ago either. Like another poster I also loved him, I just had concerns about the relationship and our compatibility and was selfish enough to enjoy the ego boost of another guy fancying me. Pretty gross behaviour, but can't change it now I guess.

My big one would probably be being a crap friend and generally flaky person over the years. I've isolated a lot of good friends by just not being arsed to make the effort. Not responding to invites, mugging people off etc. It's only now that I'm older have I realised that I'm probably the one who has suffered most. Good friends are hard to come by.

ETA I've just thought of another one. I played a lot of tennis as a teenager. Used to travel the country going to tournaments, staying in friend's houses etc. There was a provincial tournament being held in my local club and my mate Aisling from Sligo was staying in my house. We'd have late night chats about the boys we fancied, who was hot, what we were wearing tomorrow etc as 14 year olds do. She told me she was really into Mark from Sligo. I said "meh, I guess he's alright" and vowed to set her up with him at the tournament disco. Turns out he fancied me and I spent that evening wearing the face off him on the tennis club balcony. I'll never forget her devastated face at the breakfast table the next morning as our other friends were slagging me off for hooking up with Mark from Sligo and she silently stared into her cornflakes. Sorry Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hellrazer wrote: »
    We could have really hurt someone or worse and like the previous poster I'd love to travel back in time and slap some sense into the younger me.

Wow, that one is genuinely awful. That's a hell of a confession.

I went down the petty theft road once too, took an Aero from the Siopa in the school during my 3 weeks in the Gaeltacht. We were helping to load in the boxes and a few folk took one. I was way too guilty to eat it so I passed it off.
    Get the guilt trips whenever I see an Aero now.

That's about the only one I'm admitting to on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tmabr

1990 this happened and still feel the guilt.

I worked as a waiter in a posh restaurant. Wages about 50 a week.
    Manager hands me a 20 pound note to run to shop next door for change.
    The shop had no change so I left. Just as I get outside a crisp new 20 blows by. I picked it up and flew into the restaurant and stashed it in my jacket in staff room.
    A group of kids playing football outside seen me do this.

10 minutes later the chef shouts into me. Did you find a 20 outside. Quickly I shout no but wondered how he was asking. So I wander out back and all the kids are are standing there pointing at me - there he is - he has it.

A little really old lady was there asking if I found her last 20 for the week. I had already denied I had it and couldn't back track.

Yes I said. I had a 20 from the till and I dropped it as I left the shop. The kids seen me picking that one up. The shop knows me and they can verify I went in for change and they didn't have any.

The restaurant owner then comes out to see all the commotion and completely verified my story and also the shopkeeper.

It was easier to lie and keep it than give it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Petty theft from supermarkets as a teenager. It was so easy and I got a kick from it. Little brat.

Cheated on a boyfriend too. Not so long ago either. Like another poster I also loved him, I just had concerns about the relationship and our compatibility and was selfish enough to enjoy the ego boost of another guy fancying me. Pretty gross behaviour, but can't change it now I guess.

My big one would probably be being a crap friend and generally flaky person over the years. I've isolated a lot of good friends by just not being arsed to make the effort. Not responding to invites, mugging people off etc. It's only now that I'm older have I realised that I'm probably the one who has suffered most. Good friends are hard to come by.

ETA I've just thought of another one. I played a lot of tennis as a teenager. Used to travel the country going to tournaments, staying in friend's houses etc. There was a provincial tournament being held in my local club and my mate Aisling from Sligo was staying in my house. We'd have late night chats about the boys we fancied, who was hot, what we were wearing tomorrow etc as 14 year olds do. She told me she was really into Mark from Sligo. I said "meh, I guess he's alright" and vowed to set her up with him at the tournament disco. Turns out he fancied me and I spent that evening wearing the face off him on the tennis club balcony. I'll never forget her devastated face at the breakfast table the next morning as our other friends were slagging me off for hooking up with Mark from Sligo and she silently stared into her cornflakes. Sorry Aisling.
    Jeez you're a charming piece of work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

after my da died I felt really bad about the kind of person I was and how I didn't live up to his expectations, I wasn't a bad person or anything but I hung around with a bunch of stoners and knew it really hurt him to see me throw my life away with them so I went to Knock to find the confession place and ended up bawling to a priest telling him how sorry I was for letting my dad down. He kinda laughed at me and told me he was sure he was proud of me no matter what. I was just a kiddo at the time I suppose but to think that was the worst thing I could have done by my mid twenties should give you an idea of the depth of my bad assness. I'm twice as old now and still feel I'll never be quite the person I could have been but the worst things I've done that I can think of right now is to hate someone a lot, like a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Had annoying neighbours and to top that they had a barking mutt. I came up with the solution of throwing a meatball laced with string laxative into their garden for the mutt to eat and get a dose of the ****s in their gaff. Looks like I overdid the amount of laxative I used and the mutt kicked the bucket after a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I used to go to the supermarket and sink my nails into the really fresh mushroons. My nails were at least half a centimetre long. I loved the feel of doing it and sometimes the mushroons would even squeak!
    I used to go to the supermarket and sink my nails into the really fresh mushroons. My nails were at least half a centimetre long. I loved the feel of doing it and sometimes the mushroons would even squeak!
    I used to go to the supermarket and sink my nails into the really fresh mushroons . My nails were at least half a centimetre long. I loved the feel of doing it and sometimes the mushroons would even squeak!
    I used to go to the supermarket and sink my nails into the really fresh mushroons . My nails were at least half a centimetre long. I loved the feel of doing it and sometimes the mushroons would even squeak!

415900.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

No, the ones I assaulted were spelled with an 'n' ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

stimpson wrote: »

415900.JPG

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

jca wrote: »
    Jeez you're a charming piece of work....

Judgemental much?

Messing around as a kid and not being quite as good a friend as you can be?

Fairly standard TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I'd take a lot of pride in never having cheated on anyone in my life. I was always a bit high and mighty about it.

But, if I'm honest looking back, I had overly stringent criteria as to what constituted a 'relationship'.

Now I was always clear with everybody about what was going on, but looking back now the whole thing seems a lot less clear cut.....

Maybe its just that older me is less easy to appreciate the complexities of casual relationships than younger me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Glenster wrote: »
    Judgemental much?

Messing around as a kid and not being quite as good a friend as you can be?

Fairly standard TBH.

Fairly standard?? To who??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

That's a rough situation. And although you are doing your job from love and a sense of responsibility, why not accept that it's a burden on you? Of course this is a burden.

We all carry baggage for our families, some more than others. You're carrying a lot and it's okay to accept that. It doesn't mean you love your mum any less. Quite the opposite.

I have a lot of respect for what you're doing, you're more than entitled to moments of frustration. Actions speak louder than words.

To me, one of the saddest things about this post, is that you felt it belongs in this thread. I'm not trying to be sycophantic but your job is an admirable and a difficult one and nobody can begrudge you some frustration.

This is a really fantastic post. I hope anna reads it, takes comfort from it and forgives herself for what was a very understandable lapse in character.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was supposed to be getting married back in my 20s but got cold feet a few months before hand and told her we were finished by text because I was too chicken to tell her in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Was supposed to be getting married back in my 20s but got cold feet a few months before hand and told her we were finished by text because I was too chicken to tell her in person.

How long ago was that and how did it go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

That's the first thing in this thread that made me go, "holy sh*t"
    I presume you have talked to her since, or was that it?

Advertisement