Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Terminator Genisys & Austin Powers in Goldmember added today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

ThisRegard wrote:
    Only realised what War on Everyone was when I saw the artwork, I know the reviews are mixed but I've been looking forward to seeing it so just stuck it on.

Worst film I saw last year. I couldn't believe some people gave it good reviews. After the first few minutes I was kinda thinking "Oh this is going to be good, its clearly a satire of all the terrible buddy cop movies"... but no. It was just a terrible buddy cop movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

There's a documentary up called Gringo about the crazy McAfee guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Worst film I saw last year. I couldn't believe some people gave it good reviews. After the first few minutes I was kinda thinking "Oh this is going to be good, its clearly a satire of all the terrible buddy cop movies"... but no. It was just a terrible buddy cop movie.

I didn't think it was terrible, but didn't hold my interest very well. There was the makings of a good movie there somewhere but it was very patchy and clichéd.

Santa Clarita diet was mentioned a while back, I've really enjoyed it and there's some great actors popping up in it, all seeming to be enjoying themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Deception - starring Geoffrey Rush and Jim Sturgess.

It's also know as "The Best Offer" on IMDb
    Oldman (played by Rush) is hired by a solitary young heiress, Claire Ibbetson, to auction off the large collection of art and antiques left to her by her parents.

Good performance by Rush and the movie is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Watched War Machine today and thought it was pretty good. Not amazing or anything but a decent time filler of an afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Occono wrote: »
    There's a documentary up called Gringo about the crazy McAfee guy.

Wow, I never knew how crazy everything around his life became. Interesting to see how it all played out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Watched War Machine today and thought it was pretty good. Not amazing or anything but a decent time filler of an afternoon.

Brad sounds the exact same as he did in Inglorious Basterds. I loved his run :pac:

Thought it was decent enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Watched "anne with an E", mainly because the main actress is from Donegal, and i read the book many years ago.

It is sweet. Possibly verging on saccharine for some, but I enjoyed it for its sweetness/innocence. Not a series I would hold up as "must see" tv, but still a pleasant feel god series.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Wow, I never knew how crazy everything around his life became. Interesting to see how it all played out.

Never knew this guy was a bit nuts. Looking forward to watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

orange is the new black season 5
    shimmer lake(netflix original)
    added today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

peteeeed wrote: »
    orange is the new black season 5
    shimmer lake(netflix original)
    added today

Looking forward to Orange is the New Black. Heard a good review the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Corvo

Terminator Genisys.

Watched this last weekend.

I can't describe how crap it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The defenders trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Never knew this guy was a bit nuts. Looking forward to watching it.

Wasn't great tbh. The documentry was put together based on a few emails. No current footage of McAfee. 2/10 from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It was very poorly made in fairness. Interesting story, and some good insights from many of the key characters on Belize, but beyond that it's completely thrown together. The subtitles didn't work for me either, needed to have them on even when English speakers were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

pilly wrote: »
    Looking forward to Orange is the New Black. Heard a good review the other day.

Thought it was brilliant season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Orange is the New Black isn't good, it isn't even as good as Prisoner Cell Block H imo, hype over substance. Just my opinion, and appreciate I'm in the minority.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

13 Reasons why.

It's absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Orange is the New Black isn't good, it isn't even as good as Prisoner Cell Block H imo, hype over substance. Just my opinion, and appreciate I'm in the minority.

First couple seasons was ok, I gave up on it after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd echo the sentiments, have caught a few episodes over the years cause the missus watches it (OITNB) and just do not see the appeal at all.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    First couple seasons was ok, I gave up on it after that.
    Season 3 was poor and I almost dropped it but Season 4 was a marked improvement.
    It's not exactly a top-end 'Fargo'-type show but it's generally enjoyable and the large cast mean you're never spending too long with any particular character. The overall plot arcs can be very middling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ixoy wrote: »
    Season 3 was poor and I almost dropped it but Season 4 was a marked improvement.
    It's not exactly a top-end 'Fargo'-type show but it's generally enjoyable and the large cast mean you're never spending too long with any particular character. The overall plot arcs can be very middling though.

Yeah myself and the oh really liked it and enjoyed all the back stories of each character but just found that it got a bit stale and Piper became really annoying.

Don't think I'll go back to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I'd echo the sentiments, have caught a few episodes over the years cause the missus watches it (OITNB) and just do not see the appeal at all.

It's more of a woman thing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Watched Shimmer Lake at the weekend. Decent cast but very forgettable.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No interest in american football at all but the first season of that was a great watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Watched Shimmer Lake at the weekend. Decent cast but very forgettable.

I enjoyed it to be honest. Interesting way of telling a story.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Final Girls leaves on Wednesday. Highly recommended if you haven't watched it yet. It's a sort of homage to slasher films of the 80s with a bunch of teens getting trapped inside an old film set at a summer camp. It's funny without being a spoof, there's a lot of heart in it too without being soppy, and lots of clever ways of playing on the fact they're inside a film. Catch it before it leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Watched Catfight over the weekend. Absolute pile of dung. Avoid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement