Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

I'll take it, also take 30ml of By the fireplace if possible.

Post edited by Glebee on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SmoosBoo

Wondering if you could put me down for a 50ml bottle of Creed Aventus if and when available? Thanks

Will do! Will likely be a little while though - will PM you when it's happening. Hopefully this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi Pat

Do you think you will be stocking Tom Ford Oud Wood again?

• Advertisement

I'm sure I will at some stage if I can find a decent deal on it - but it's getting harder and harder to run viable splits (by which I mean, offer you guys reasonable value) of higher end stuff like that due to a triple whammy really:

1. Price rises! TF Private Blend 100ml was €262, now it's €340 (and that's a lesser rise than many brands). However, many of their newer releases are in what might be called a Private Blend Plus (Lost Cherry, **** Fabulous etc) price level of ~€450 for 100ml! **** off Tom!

2. Just as important - it's much harder to find a 'deal' now. For many brands a bit of looking around got you juice for well below RRP - not nearly as easy now! Take Penhaligons - always reliable movers for splits when you could buy them for half RRP. Full price everywhere now though and not nearly as attractive.

3. Lack of buying options. Brexit closed off quite a few handy options. EU customs charges closed off other sources (I used get great value - albeit still bloody expensive - 1 litre dramming bottles of Tom Ford from Dubai. No way I'd chance that now). Plus a number of EU sellers no longer ship here. I used get a lot of TF 250ml decanters from a crowd in Germany.....but they don't ship here any more.

All in all, a rather long winded way of saying I've my eye open the whole time for Oud Wood (and others) at the right price!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cheers Pat,thats fair enough.

Fragrance Splits - November / December 2023

Parcel shipping

An Post tracked parcel service shipping is €11 per box – I’ll squeeze in 4 to 6 bottles depending on size. Delivery is normally next day but may occasionally take longer. Date of despatch obviously depends on whether bottles are to hand etc. I normally ship between Monday and Wednesday.

Plastic bottles and An Post shipping

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.95 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

Left overs

Stuff that hasn’t sold yet.....in hand or due in soon.

Creed – Aventus: €112 for 50ml *flacon ordered*. Last bottle available, doubt I'll have more before Christmas.

Atelier Cologne – Pacific Lime **reduced**: €22.50 €20 for 20ml, €32 €28.50 for 30ml, €49 €45 for 50ml, or €60 for 70ml in original 200ml bottle/box.

Atkinson’s – English Lavender **reduced**: €6 €5 for 10ml, or €11 €9 for 20ml.

Berdoues – Guaria Morada **reduced** (female): €11 €10 for 10ml, €21 €19 for 20ml, €28.50 €25 for 30ml, €38 €33 for 50ml in original 100ml bottle, or €45 €42 for 90ml in original 100ml bottle/box!

Demeter – Gin & Tonic **reduced**: €8.50 €7 for 10ml, or €16.50 €13 for 20ml.

Lalique - Or Intemporel: €31 for 20ml, one only.

Mancera – Wave Musk **reduced**: €15 €13 €11 for 10ml, €28 €25 €22 for 20ml, €39.50 €36 €31 for 30ml, or €38 for 40ml in original 120ml bottle/box.

Roja Parfums – Scandal Parfum Cologne **reduced**: €28 €25 for 10ml, one only.

The Woods Collection - Panorama: €12.50 for 10ml, last one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED

Absolu Aventus (open split)

Brand new (it came out last week) and much anticipated new Aventus flanker from Creed. Originally mooted as a ‘stronger Aventus’, reviews suggest it is in fact a new interpretation mixing the Aventus we all know with a more ambroxan driven base. “ This is nice.. it’s a fruitier spicier Aventus (the DNA is there but not as strong as it’s in Aventus Cologne). I don’t think it’s woodier than the OG but it’s got that vetiver patchouli grapefruit accord in Terre dHermes with a candied spicy opening (similar vibe as Sausage Elixir but not the same and not as sweet)”. Creed say this is a limited edition and it has gone out of stock already in a few stores……….and yes, it is ridiculously overpriced!

€50 for 10ml, €98.50 for 20ml, €146 for 30ml, or €214 for 45ml. 45ml portion in original 75ml bottle and box (original bottles go quick but please remember for every original bottle allocated, I need to allocate the remaining 30ml too before splitting the next original bottle!).

.........................................................................................

Green Irish Tweed (open split)

Needs no introduction. The cool clean classic from Creed – ideal office wear. “Absolutely beautiful. Smells like violet, wet grass in the best way, golden sunshine, with a smooth light wood base. High quality, classy, long lasting, perfect for a spring wedding.”

€103 for 50ml. 500ml flacon split – minimum eight slots allocated to proceed.

.........................................................................................

Viking (open split)

An Aventus beater for me (and a good number of other splits chaps), albeit it’s a very different fragrance. Warming spices and wood, great for cooler weather. More subtle than its famous older brother, and a little more ‘mature’ too. “Viking is a beautiful aromatic fougere with clean and traditional masculine qualities. It opens with a bright citrus top of bergamot, lemon and orange, alongside a sharp mint and aromatic lavender. In the heart there’s a touch of warm spices coming from the clove and allspice, while soft florals balance things out. The pink pepper is very prominent too, however not in your face. It blends very well with the mint and lavender to leave you with a very clean and elegant barbershop style fragrance”.

€112 for 50ml. 500ml flacon split – minimum eight slots allocated to proceed.

..........................................................................................

Aventus for Her (open split)

It’s back again – Creed’s female flanker to their Aventus monster hit, featuring some of the Aventus notes with more floral notes. “The opening is crisp and fruity but moments later the musk and the sandalwood blend so well with the green apple and the rose. It's warm and sophisticated. At the dry-out I smell the blackcurrant and the amber with smoky hints”.

€126 for 50ml. 250ml flacon split – minimum four slots allocated to proceed.

...........................................................................................

Carmina **new release** (*coming soon*) 

Latest female release from Creed, only released very recently and featuring a good dose of cherry, which seems to be the latest ‘in’ note. “A breath of fresh air for the Creed brand. The fragrance's longevity is impressive, and the cherry-infused middle notes, balanced with cashmere wood and musk, make it stand out. As we head into autumn and winter, Carmina is a perfect companion, offering sensuality without being overpowering. In a sea of generic sweet and fruity scents, Carmina dares to be different, adding a unique, dark twist.

€33.50 for 10ml, last one.

...........................................................................................

Spring Flower (open split) 

Rereleased in new packaging, this is a pretty safe bet spring / summer female fragrance. “Like a dreamscape; feminine and ethereal. It reminds me of chance eau fraiche toilette with more fruity and softer florals and minus the woody masculine cedar”.

€31 for 10ml, €60 for 20ml, or €88 for 30ml.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

XERJOFF

Zefiro (*open split*)

Opulent incense heavy winter scent from upscale house Xerjoff. “It spreads an aura of luxury and refinement, and its impressive sillage and longevity make it truly stand out. While amber often dominates similar blends, Zefiro follows suit without being overpowering. The warm, spicy undertone harmonizes perfectly with the amber, creating a luxurious golden symphony. On top of it, a smoky nuance evokes the aura of a solemn ritual, adding to the overall sophistication of the fragrance.”

€25.50 for 10ml, €49 for 20ml, €71.50 for 30ml or €95 for *40*ml. *40*ml portion in original 100ml bottle and luxurious box

..............................................................................................................................

THE WOODS COLLECTION

Glow (*coming soon*)

Another apparent great value banger from The Woods Collection, with saffron, leather, vetiver and more! “This is a great scent with the same vibe as Byredo Black Saffron + TF Tuscan Leather + Aoud Leather by Montale. I prefer this more though because it is more wearable. Dominant notes are saffron, leather & rose. The leather + saffron here are more wearable and not straight to the face.” 

€12 for 10ml, €23 for 20ml, or €31.50 for 30ml.

..............................................................................................................................................................

SERGE LUTENS

Ambre Sultan(*coming soon*)

Been quite a while since I listed a Serge Lutens – musn’t make that mistake again. This is one of the house’s signature releases with opulent wood and amber. “Gorgeous Gorgeous deep, warm, sweet and vanillic amber fragrance. The benzoin and myrrh add this spicy kick to it. It’s sexy, well blended and perfectly unisex. Absolutely amazing for fall and winter.”

€17.50 for 10ml, last one.

..............................................................................................................................................................

Post edited by Padraig Mor on

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SmoosBoo

Aventus Creed arrived yesterday. Very well packaged and fabulous scent. I’m very pleased with the whole process. Thanks a million!

Cheers Smoosboo. Apologies it only got to you Friday - was shipped Monday so should have landed Tuesday! Checked the tracking and looks like An Post took it on a tour of Dublin...

• Advertisement

*Amazing deal* *You need to be quick*

Just landed in my inbox and only valid for an hour (maybe two, depends on whether they use GMT or European time!) - so 22.30 or 23.30 Friday 1/12/23.

Creed Absolu Aventus - brand new sealed retail 75ml bottle - exactly the same as you'll get in BT for €320.

€270 delivered by secure boxed tracked shipping.

Approx a week lead time to me so expect delivery week of 18th and I'll aim for earlier.

Interested? PM me *immediately* - I will need super quick payment by Revolut or PayPal unless you're a regular splits participant.

Apologies for the short notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Brilliant deal, Pat. Only sniffed this the other day in the department store and lashed in onto myself to test it. Lovely update on the classic Aventus. I even received two random compliments. I'm tempted by this offer. Maybe best to sleep on it but not possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can you put me down for a 50ml Aventus Pat please?

I will but note it'll likely be quite a while before I have it - shipped out my last one in hand the other day and I suspect I won't have enough requests to order a flacon in for a few months barring a sudden request for several bottles (although that does happen sometimes....).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hi Pat, ment to post before, got that By the Fireplace package, my god what a unique scent. Don't know if I like it or hate. Well worth a try though. Definitely a winter/Christmas scent.

I think it's lovely! And very Christmassy indeed. Has proved very popular over the years on splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Hi Pat, I received it and everything is great.
    As always, thanks for your service and super packaging.
    Happy Xmas 🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rerun242

Hi Pat..package arrived safe and sound..class as always,very impressed with Zefiro..lovely scent..thanks again

Enjoy dude, Zefiro is a lovely incense winner alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Got the same from Pat and it's a great addition to the arsenal.

Thanks again Pat

Brand new retail bottle of Viking landed for a Boardsie today.....a lot less than retail price though! Great scent, running low myself.

Great scent is right,would it be as popular as Aventus over the years.?..For me I think viking is nicer

Aventus would be an order of magnitude more popular, but then it is 'the King' I guess! Prefer Viking myself but it definitely runs more 'mature' than Aventus and that's more my style given my advancing years! I still believe I got what was possibly the first two 500ml flacons of Viking in the world when it was released in 2017 - rang Creed up looking for two; they didn't take me seriously so I arrived in the door of their London boutique and demanded they sell them to me🤣.

No messing about there 😀

A man's gotta split, and I had a list of chaps after it! Possibly not quite as mad though as importing hugely expensive 1 litre dramming bottles of Tom Ford Private Blends from Dubai on several occasions - how I got away without any being broken or seized by Customs I dunno, wouldn't chance it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Got a 100ml bottle of Viking myself last week for an absolute bargain! Would be interesting to know who’s was cheaper. Am currently resisting the urge to splash out for a bottle of spice & wood. Still have some from the first split you did of it Pat

His was €245 (against retail of €333) - if you did better, fair play!

Spice and Wood is my all time number one, and I still have some of that split too! Price of it (and rest of the Royale Exclusives line) has gone insane though. Retail is €458 now for 75ml, over a grand for 250ml. I mean there's expensive, and there's taking the piss! No way for viable splits at those prices. I got a 75ml bottle of Pure White Cologne (same price level as S&W) a couple of weeks back for a Boardsie for €360 I think and she was delighted - I felt guilty asking that much money for a bottle!

BTW jackrussel, might be worth checking out French Lover by Frederic Malle - it's got a completely different opening to S&W, but the drydown is very similar.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Pat, do you think Viking has changed in the way it smells? I still have a 50ml decant from when you first had it & the bottle I bought recently smells similar but not the same. Prefer the smell from the decant

Advertisement