Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most rewarding of household chores

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Murrisk wrote: »
    Pressing the button on the dishwasher.
    The ones which result in sex being given as a reward.

I'll just leave these here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A favourite here is putting shopping away. Filling spaces in cupboards, arranging the fruit and vegetables like a harvest festival on the teak counter .... sorting the freezer stock..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Washing clothes. Last weekend I washed and hung out 2 loads of colours and 1 load of whites in 2 hours and 53 minutes. It's not a personal record, but it's certainly up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

Mickey Mouse wiring jobs like fixing loose wire or replacing fuse in plug top.
    Washing, hanging out, watching out for rain, bringing in and folding.
    Dismantling and cleaning out sink and whb waste traps, resetting, check for leaks.
    Vacuuming ceiling wall corners and wall down to skirting for dust and cobwebs
    Wiping down internal doors and then, the coup de grace, their tops (that's when they're sanded and painted).
    Combining socks for three users in matching pairs
    Making home remedies - today its for window cleaner.

But the ultimate - reading the newspaper, faithfully, each day so that I can tell my BH all the 'news' and my most difficult task is reading everyone's library books so that they get read and returned on time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Riding the aupair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boscoirl wrote: »
    That's definitely not changing the bed sheets then

God no, sex once a week on the day the bedsheets are going to be changed but certainly not after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Handing over €30 euro to my cleaner in return for a spotlessly clean apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

blowjobs

tipping a bottle of really strong drain unblocker (which is mildly dangerous, hence the thrill of it), into a blocked shower drain, then imagining it dissolving all the gunk, like in the ads.

Sometimes you can even hear the drain burp and gargle with relief. The sweetest sound.

I quite like most chores, especially vacuuming and laundry. I hate ironing and cleaning the oven, but everything else gives me some satisfaction. It's a nice switch off for the brain too, doing things you don't have to think about too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Hoovering is fun - i have a Dyson too so i feel like a member of the Jetson family.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Putting the laundry out on the washing line. My back yard hasn't changed a whole lot in the last 170 odd years as far as I can tell, and I enjoy thinking about the people who would have been doing that exact same chore, in that exact place and what they might have been thinking of back then...

redbel05 wrote: »
    Putting the laundry out on the washing line. My back yard hasn't changed a whole lot in the last 170 odd years as far as I can tell, and I enjoy thinking about the people who would have been doing that exact same chore, in that exact place and what they might have been thinking of back then...

That kind of stuff always appeals to me too. The common human experience over time, just the universality of certain aspects of our lives no matter who we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Candie wrote: »
    That kind of stuff always appeals to me too. The common human experience over time, just the universality of certain aspects of our lives no matter who we are.

Yet so many use a machine for preference...Love it here, as the washing line is under the roof of the open sided fuel bay and I have the view of the mountains all around me ...

Advertisement