Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most rewarding of household chores

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Cutting the Grass

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Changing the batteries in the remote control.

The ability to be less accurate with the direction and still change channel is very rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

snowflaker wrote: »
    None. I hate them all. I'm messy too.

I wish Kim & Aggie would clean my house while I'm at work then fook off back to Scotland before I get home. :)
    Same here. I never get much satisfaction from any chores, which isn't good because I live alone.
    greencap wrote: »
    Different folks different strokes eh.

The sock matching conundrum led to my present bulk purchase uniform single color sock policy.

Wet sock morning. 26/07/03. Never again.
    I only wear black in general so my socks are all black. Still, I'm a bit of a rebel so I wear unmatching plain black socks. Also, since I only wear my steel toecap boots, nobody ever sees that.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Clearing blocked drains...

Baking soda and vinegar....cheap and gets the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Watching the maid running around sweating while I lie in my pool lilo..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

greencap wrote: »
    Sock auditing/scheduling wasn't common practice at the time, and emergency socks weren't yet a thing.
    The numerous non-standard sock colors, and uncertainty over operational quantities led to confusion and assumptions during the sorting and scheduling process.
    On the morning in question the fresh sock storage area was checked but found to be empty.
    The previous nights units were still undergoing drying and wouldn't be operational for over 1 hour.

Pighead, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

Watching the maid running around sweating while I lie in my pool lilo..

Wanna see what I do with your toothbrush?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fresh bedding is nice but the process of changing duvet covers is deeply irritating.

Cleaning the glass in the stove doors and lighting the stove, maybe.

Same here. I never get much satisfaction from any chores, which isn't good because I live alone.

I only wear black in general so my socks are all black. Still, I'm a bit of a rebel so I wear unmatching plain black socks. Also, since I only wear my steel toecap boots, nobody ever sees that.

Proper priests black?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I also live alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The ones which result in sex being given as a reward.

That's definitely not changing the bed sheets then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Really expected the OP to have a join date of Apr 2017 and a post count in single figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Feeding the fish. Watching me come over to the tank all hustling and bustling to the feeding hatch. Fellas coming out from under the plants and rocks because the call has been given in fish language that the food flakes are coming.
    Me stepping back from the tank to accommodate the shy Pleco"Dyson" so he can have a swim over to recover his algae tablet.
    Might sound odd to some but I love it, so therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Cleaning the shower, washing sheets, pjs and towels. Having a shower then using the still warm towels, into crisp pjs and lavender smelling sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Boscoirl wrote: »
    That's definitely not changing the bed sheets then

My wife gets turned on by new sheets, and immediately regrets it afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Archeron

Destenching the sex dungeon. Whoever invented Febreze should be given a Nobel prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Loading the dishwasher while singing the tetris theme tune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Fixing an appliance that's gone beyond it's 'design life' & squeezing a few more years out of it.

Learning some plumbing/carpentry/electrical skills that have saved us plenty on using Tradesmen over the years.

I'm the 'multi-skilled facilities technician' of the household.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I love cleaning the windows with me windolene and water and wiping it with the rubber blade thingy.Very satisfying looking at a sparkly window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Fixing the sink usually has a good outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Cleaning the kitchen nice clean counter tops clean hob and oven. Nothing better than enjoying some yummy food in a nice sparkle clean kitchen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I find hoovering very relaxing myself.

Hate changing the duvet cover though. It's always bunched up wrong in the corners for a night or two afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Preparing the BBQ, it's just so manly. Getting the coal lit, adding it to the BBQ, getting it up to temp, bit of elbow grease to remove the remains of the last cook up. And all of this accompanied by a nice cold beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Hate changing the duvet cover though. It's always bunched up wrong in the corners for a night or two afterwards

You have to pull the corners of the duvet right into the cover and give it a massive shake. I still get it wrong too though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You have to pull the corners of the duvet right into the cover and give it a massive shake. I still get it wrong too though :o

Yea I do that but it still doesn't be right :p

Spraying Mr Sheen on *everything*. Is there cocaine in it or what? I can't get enough.

I like that Glade "Shake & Vac" business too.

Ooh and taking off vacuum head, and vacuuming all the edges of the carpet by the skirting boards. suck it up you bitch, suck it all up!!!

I also like leaving the house, with a wild stream of febreeze on my trail. The trick is not to get it on your self, so you don't end up smelling like Hawaiian Breeze all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A good old session of passive-aggressive hoovering. I sometimes think I'm hoovering on a podium at Nuremberg. Aryan mastery of the hoover wand, perfect poise. Blitzkrieg for the skirting board. Woooosh, thaack! thaack! thaack!

Raus raus raus!

A cheeky veiled 'Heil' salute to the neighbours and the moment has passed. It is done. Like a mortar team retreating from the Russian front, I gather up the various parts in a solemn but slightly breathless manner and put them away for another day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Squash all four corners of the duvet into the corners of the cover then shake holding the top two corners

If that doesn't work shake again holding the bottom corners

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Turn the clean cover inside out.... Grip the corners of the duvet and of the cover and SHAKE it down .... works a treat and corners all sorted.

PS make sure the cat is well out of the way first. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I LOVE the sound of a vacuum cleaner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Korvanica wrote: »
    Cutting the Grass

This one for me. Though disposing of the grass is always a pain, there's just so much of it. Need to cut the grass every week here in the summer!

Advertisement