Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most rewarding of household chores

Options
  • 19-04-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

The most rewarding of household chores IMO has to be changing the bedsheets. The sheer delight to be had simply by climbing into the cot amidst all that freshness is beyond compare. Especially on a Sunday evening after a long hard weekend.

Well, AH, which household chores do you get a kick out of, and why?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

plys wrote: »
    The most rewarding of household chores IMO has to be changing the bedsheets. The sheer delight to be had simply by climbing into the cot amidst all that freshness is beyond compare. Especially on a Sunday evening after a long hard weekend.

Well, AH, which household chores do you get a kick out of, and why?
    You sleep in a cot?

Are you one of those adult babies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hoovering.

Make a game out of it, or pretend I'm an alien overlord destroying a planet below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The ones which result in sex being given as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

I quite enjoy pi$$ing the skid marks off the toilet bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Lifting my legs up as the Mrs vacuums...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Pressing the button on the dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I get great satisfaction from cleaning the chimney myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ironing while watching tv.

I'd do it for hours but I'm ****e at Ironing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Picking everything off the floor and stuffing it into a drawer, then when the drawers get full after a while, burning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Defrosting the freezer is a very enjoyable task. Also have a thing for cleaning the grout between tiles. Results orientated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

probably washing up. by hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

In terms of minimal work, bleach in the toilet isn't bad. Certain satisfaction to cleaning out the U-Bend in a sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Defrosting the freezer is a very enjoyable task. Also have a thing for cleaning the grout between tiles. Results orientated.

You mean a toothbrush?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Awww yeah.

Two tricks. Hairdryer, or squirty bottle filled with warm water.

Hard just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

greencap wrote: »
    Awww yeah.

Two tricks. Hairdryer, or squirty bottle filled with warm water.

Hard just thinking about it.

That's simple but brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Awww yeah.

Two tricks. Hairdryer, or squirty bottle filled with warm water .

NEVER fill a hairdryer with water!!! Are you mad???
    😆

Hoovering wooden floors, when theres a gap between the boards, and all the dust has accumulated in there. You use the hoover pole and its like doing a giant line of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I like matching socks.

I have a big box of odd socks that I add to every time I'm putting washing away and there are unmatched socks.
    Then every now and then I empty our the box and match them up.

It's satisfying to see a diminishing pile of unmatched socks and growing bundles of pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

fineso.mom wrote: »
    NEVER fill a hairdryer with water!!! Are you mad???
    😆
    Ah its grand these days with water proof electricity (hair dryers have interrupter switches to prevent electrocution. (but don't try it with a toaster)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Loved doing the freezer when I was young. It was the only household thing I would do :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

None. I hate them all. I'm messy too.

I wish Kim & Aggie would clean my house while I'm at work then fook off back to Scotland before I get home. :)

Akrasia wrote: »
    I like matching socks.

I have a big box of odd socks that I add to every time I'm putting washing away and there are unmatched socks.
    Then every now and then I empty our the box and match them up.

It's satisfying to see a diminishing pile of unmatched socks and growing bundles of pairs.

Different folks different strokes eh.

The sock matching conundrum led to my present bulk purchase uniform single color sock policy.

Wet sock morning. 26/07/03. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Hoovering - I love hearing all the dirt going up the hose.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sorry, I really don't understand the question. I do what needs to be done, but I can't say I find any of it particularly rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I really don't understand the question. I do what needs to be done, but I can't say I find any of it particularly rewarding.

That's the spriit Zaph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Different folks different strokes eh.

The sock matching conundrum led to my present bulk purchase uniform single color sock policy.

Wet sock morning. 26/07/03. Never again.

"wet" how???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Laundry. But I need to do the whole process of washing, hanging and folding. When my guy washes and hangs and I fold it a day or two later, it pisses me off. Don't know why.

Also unloading the dishwasher after it's finished. I love the feeling of steam warm, clean plates. Soooo satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

DrumSteve wrote:
    Ironing while watching tv.

There is nothing sweeter! I love it! Even do other people's clothes too!

snowflaker wrote: »
    "wet" how???

Sock auditing/scheduling wasn't common practice at the time, and emergency socks weren't yet a thing.
    The numerous non-standard sock colors, and uncertainty over operational quantities led to confusion and assumptions during the sorting and scheduling process.
    On the morning in question the fresh sock storage area was checked but found to be empty.
    The previous nights units were still undergoing drying and wouldn't be operational for over 1 hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Never match my socks.
    A pair is a pair is two.
    Doesn't matter that they're different colours.

Advertisement