Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you celebrate your birthday ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I hate a lot of attention directed at me, so no. Now I have the happy excuse of being a good ways the wrong side of 30 so am trying to use the old "Birthdays! Sure tis forgetting about them I want to be, not having parties!" line

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I used to love my birthday. Would take the day off work and have a day all to myself. When the kids came along it was so much better because they're all childish like me about birthdays and would get proper giddy about it with me. But last year I turned 40 and now I hate birthdays. Hated it last year and would be happy enough if the day went by without anyone noticing this year. Sadly those pesky kids will God damn remember and make me accept the fact I'm on my way down that hill!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not really. Other half would give me gifts at any time if he found something I'd like, and I do the same for him. If we happen to have spare time and money we might go out and do something, if not he would make a gesture, could be anything! No cake for my birthday, 'cause I'm not a cakey kind of girl.

Advertisement