Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you celebrate your birthday ?

Options
  • 18-04-2017 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I going to a party later on tonight, The lad is 45 & a good friend & a lovely man.

Just wondering AH do you celebrate your birthday , I myself couldn't be bothered , I acknowledge it & move on, well ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I do celebrate mine yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Once you reach 30 the next one you celebrate is 40, then 50, then 60, then you're coffin dodging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Yes, I have a mini festival of me every year. In our family birthdays are important. Not birthday parties as such, but mark the occasion.
    It's nice to have one occasion to celebrate yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I'm not even sure what age I am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Havent had a party since i was about 9. Seems a little self indulgent to throw your own party.

I do get a present from my boyfriend, my parents and my brother. That seems sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nah. Definitely just another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

No I kind of hate my birthday, and it's really soon after Christmas which I love so I'm generally not in need of a party.

My parents are doolally for them though, my dad's tried to get away with stuff because it's his 'birthday week'. So there has to be a big song and dance and dinner about it even though I'd rather just let it slide by.

I don't mind other people's parties like, just don't like my own birthday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

To me its the same as any other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yep, I'd have a birthday night out and a meal to mark it. I can't stand people going on about their "birthday month" though, and I have come across it.

I going to a party later on tonight, The lad is 45 & a good friend & a lovely man.

Just wondering AH do you celebrate your birthday , I myself couldn't be bothered , I acknowledge it & move on, well ?

Yep. And we do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FaMOuyD_Yc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Little importance was put on birthdays when I grew up. Don't make a big deal out of it was the general theme. As a result of this I can't derive much enjoyment from my birthdays. Christmas, Easter, etc... have followed suit. I'm happy for people who do (Its a good thing to celebrate and look forward to stuff) but this mentality is hardwired into my personality for the time being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Birthdays unless maybe roundy ones, or terminally ill ones, are for under 12s. Can't be bothered either and don't want to bother with yours either

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nah, just another day for me... my 30th and 40th passed pretty much unremarked too. I generally take the day off work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Nope. T'was last week. I forgot about it until MrsTeal mentioned it. Still no mention of a gift from herself. . .

I wonder if I can get away with that when hers comes around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I celebrate by adding chocolate to milk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

theteal wrote: »
    Nope. T'was last week. I forgot about it until MrsTeal mentioned it. Still no mention of a gift from herself. . .

Surely its Mrs theteal......who is Mrs Teal..? your neighbour? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Not really no, I just use it as an excuse for another holiday.
    So I just use it to justify what I want. Then the next excuse I am not getting any younger and I could be dead tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I celebrate my birthday, takeaway and a cake at home on the day. Usually a dinner out with a few friends near the day too. I like my birthday :).

Only kind of. Up until I turned 30 I would do something. My mam would get me a little present and a lovely card. They were always signed with "we love you, mam and dad". I turned 35 a few months ago and it was the first time in five years that I really made an effort and shared it with someone.

As the song goes "what's another year".

• Advertisement

So I just use it to justify what I want. Then the next excuse I am not getting any younger and I could be dead tomorrow.

My birthday was last week, currently on my last full day of my spring holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

The most trouble id go to is meeting friends for a few pints.
    Last year i just went out for dinner with the wife. Probably the same this year.

My birthday was last week, currently on my last full day of my spring holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

theteal wrote: »

I wonder if I can get away with that when hers comes around

Surely its impossible to forget your own birthday? Did you at least realise it at some point in the weeks before?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Never bother my arse. My 40th fell on a Saturday and I went to work even though herself wanted to mark the occasion.

Unless you are under 12 I don't see the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

davo2001 wrote: »
    Once you reach 30 the next one you celebrate is 40, then 50, then 60, then you're coffin dodging.

Words there are none! Heading for 80 here! And no,I notice the date and two friends send me cards.. but hey! Every day is special at this age...a celebration of life ...

Advertisement