Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-clio-1-2-silver/22152039

MDNkMGM2NGJmZmMyMTJiYjVmYjVlNzVlYzgyMzc0NWZq4ExJgqiwWDIOPkIGRMx1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjY1MjQ0MzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Only tested till the end of October, but it has tiny miles and is €400

It looks immaculate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Did you see this one?

Old model and manual, but loads of test and its only €800

Yeah, had seen that one alright, but in an ideal world, I'd like the newer model, but with the older model price!! Wouldn't we all! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Old diesel wrote: »
    Tbh if the rest of the car was all good then 236 a year wouldnt be a deal breaker.

Annoying though :(

€236 extra is a massive different though, especially when you can get a good pre july 08 example on the old cc tax and save that €236.

That Merc is very well priced, especially from a dealer
    No mention of mileage, wonder what's on it
    That could be one for the guy that was trying to decide between a Merc or Saab on the other thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    That Merc is very well priced, especially from a dealer
    No mention of mileage, wonder what's on it
    That could be one for the guy that was trying to decide between a Merc or Saab on the other thread here

Those Mercs are astonishing good value - but only if you can afford to run and maintain them.
    If it doesnt have receipts for timing chain work, then budget for 700-1000 to get it done. it *will* go at some point. Best thing about high milers is that they invariably have the work done.

I'd have a good look,though, to explain the big panel gaps in the front - though its likely only minor/cosmetic - and at that price not a deal breaker.

Also, "sold as seen" could mean that something electrical isnt working, and wont be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

trixiebust wrote: »
    Lots of Civic talk here recently, so here's another. Fresh NCT,low mileage & all for €850.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/48k-miles-civic-spotless/22138578

Driving one of these atm solid boring car that does the job, only gripe I have I have is the petrol consumption is ****e for a 1.4

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar/21867484

YWYzYzM4ZTVmYzNhYWE5N2UzY2I5ZGE5MzdhNWU1N2QIFUsGqXPTgdrpL5vABj7naHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQ1NDMxMzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

04 S type NCT'd till 2020, €775

Touch up pen on the bumper, be grand

It's available at 500 now folks!!! :eek:

If anyone wants me to look at that for them I will

(It’s only up the road from me)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

NCT is out in 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

bear1 wrote: »
    NCT is out in 2 weeks

And they haven't even booked it in yet themselves.... Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bear1 wrote: »
    NCT is out in 2 weeks

Still too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carscarscars

If anyone wants me to look at that for them I will

Duke, I was going to go look at that this weekend but child minding plans have put it on the back burner. If it's close, it would be great if you could have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭jmreire

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e-class-2004-nct-and-tax/22121208?campaign=3

MTBlMmYxMjgzZmZjYzQ0MmU0MDE5MGI3OTAwYzlhYTH-fXUiW2GTOmXp6WiyhwoCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYzNDIyMTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT till Feb 2020, tax till August, "sold as seen", €999

Cheap flash. WCPGW?

Half an hour with a OBD scanner, and you will have a good idea, if it's worth the gamble or not......Lovely comfortable car's to drive.

Did you see this one?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-maxima/21951195

ZGQyNDE0NzRkYjc3MzA2ODAyMTI0YTJkZjNjODI5NWWrhU-ek-Z9PhXeqN7gFUhQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjUxNTU0ODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Old model and manual, but loads of test and its only €800

That looks like a very good buy....would not mind the mileage too much, that V 2 ltr engine will have plenty of life left in it. And the inside looks very good too + it's high spec. No DPF to worry about. Add 1 year's tax, and for approx €1500 you have a car on the road for the year. Only €710 road tax + NCT every year thereafter. :)

Duke, I was going to go look at that this weekend but child minding plans have put it on the back burner. If it's close, it would be great if you could have a look?

Just went for a look. It’s a straight and tidy car bar the back bumper. There’s a bit of a miss in it though, I would guess from experience that it needs a knock sensor (common issue on these, bit of a pain) but it might just be a coil stick or plugs. Worth a punt IMO if you’re willing to investigate it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Driving one of these atm solid boring car that does the job, only gripe I have I have is the petrol consumption is ****e for a 1.4

Surprised by that, how bad is it ? I had a 1.5 a few years back and it was good on fuel. Mine was a 2000 . I'm convinced the car was unbreakable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Barr wrote: »
    Surprised by that, how bad is it ? I had a 1.5 a few years back and it was good on fuel. Mine was a 2000 . I'm convinced the car was unbreakable.

The 1.5 is e vtec though so 40 to 45mpg is achievable on those. I found the 1.4 hard on fuel too tbh.

For that kind of money, it's for peanuts....But Chevy Kalo's are not the most common car's on Irish roads, so hard to guess how reliable or not they are, but as it has managed 130'000 Miles, cannot have been too bad..... would be worth a gamble, even if you only got a year out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If comfort isn't your thing...

482788.jpeg

50k miles
    13 months NCT
    4 months TAX

700 Snots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

trixiebust wrote: »
    Lots of Civic talk here recently, so here's another. Fresh NCT,low mileage & all for €850.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/48k-miles-civic-spotless/22138578

Count yourself lucky. That's exactly what I'm in need of soon...solid,dependable,cheap motoring. I got a bill 3 weeks ago for a 3 series BMW that cost me more than that entire car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Barr wrote: »

35 mpg Id say, as above the vtecs are much better.

ZjZkN2EzZjY5YzMwZDk2ZmQxOTNmM2ZjZmRkOWVlNWba-uQUjVYdbplNAuyy20GDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk2NzU2MjF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 07 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 Turbo
    NCT until November
    Same owner for over 6 years
    €1799

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carscarscars

Just went for a look. It’s a straight and tidy car bar the back bumper. There’s a bit of a miss in it though, I would guess from experience that it needs a knock sensor (common issue on these, bit of a pain) but it might just be a coil stick or plugs. Worth a punt IMO if you’re willing to investigate it yourself
    Appreciate the time you took looking at that Duke. Was it just a slight miss or accompanied by hesitation on acceleration? Presume it wasn't enough to throw a management light on?

Appreciate the time you took looking at that Duke. Was it just a slight miss or accompanied by hesitation on acceleration? Presume it wasn't enough to throw a management light on?

Yeah, there was a light on. I didn't drive it because I wasn't buying it. I half know your man so he didn't mind me having a look. Its not underivable the way it is currently anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

ZjZkN2EzZjY5YzMwZDk2ZmQxOTNmM2ZjZmRkOWVlNWba-uQUjVYdbplNAuyy20GDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk2NzU2MjF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 07 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8 Turbo
    NCT until November
    Same owner for over 6 years
    €1799
    a cracking car, with a bloody great engine. Pretty much bulletproof once frequent oil changes are carried out. Had one for 7yrs. They really nailed that car/4wd combo. Only thing: thirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi lads, what would you say about the 1.6 petrol engine in 08/09 mondeos? Have seen a nice one but just don't have a clue about engines. 150km on the clock. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That Mondeo is a big heavy car so the 1.6 feels a bit underpowered and as a result they are a bit thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

bazz26 wrote: »
    That Mondeo is a big heavy car so the 1.6 feels a bit underpowered and as a result they are a bit thirsty.

I had one for just about a week as a courtesy car back in the day after someone ran into the back of and totalled my Vectra. Didn't find it overly sluggish for what it was to be fair and adequate to keep up with the traffic ahead of me on all occasions bar none as I recall. The 1.4 Mark 1 Focus I drove once for example was noticeably slower.

For somebody looking for a runabout to tide them over for a spell you could probably do worse if the actual car and the price is someway right.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-audi-a6-estate-1-9tdi/22171648

YWYzOGY0Y2ZhZjFlNTY4NjI3ODYzMGM3NGYyYjA0NzPNOhwQSAxN9L8y7sEjIPbqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjY2NjYzNjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

We haven't had one of these in a while! 00 1.9 TDI a6, NCT till March 202,0 €675

If it goes and stops its hard to go wrong at that money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement