Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I usually find the commentators on Eurosport very good. But this morning they've been very critical of this morning's play and they really are not fans of McLeod in particular. The frames also have gone on and on and on so there's only so much you can talk about...six hour match so far.

And there's another break of 16 from Trump from a good looking opportunity after 14 from McLeod in frame 16. Story of the morning's play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

My God, have the snooker commentators on Eurosport always been this bad? Most of the time it sounds like 2 lads on Gogglebox chatting about the game. Are they even at the event live? At one point they weren't sure whether the black (the only remaining ball at the time) was pottable until the TV shot showed the full table. Makes you appreciate the BBC commentary a lot more. I'll forgive all the "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING" and terrible Taylor "jokes" any day over Eurosport's commentary offering. It's just a pity BBC's coverage is so limited, especially in the early rounds.

No the Eurosport commentators aren't in the venue, they are in London. Found the Eurosport commentary very poor the other night during the Fu match. One of them said twice "Imagine if he took that long pot along the cushion ha ha". Exactly right comparing it to Gogglebox stuff!

Having said that, it is good to have coverage, considering the BBC relegate it to red button and online which a lot of us don't have access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,860 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Carter and Dott could be finishing tonight as well at this rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

My God, have the snooker commentators on Eurosport always been this bad? Most of the time it sounds like 2 lads on Gogglebox chatting about the game. Are they even at the event live? At one point they weren't sure whether the black (the only remaining ball at the time) was pottable until the TV shot showed the full table. Makes you appreciate the BBC commentary a lot more. I'll forgive all the "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING" and terrible Taylor "jokes" any day over Eurosport's commentary offering. It's just a pity BBC's coverage is so limited, especially in the early rounds.

Just now - 'Robertson was only the second overseas play to win the World Championship, after Cliff Thorburn'.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I rest my case. Exactly the point I was making (even if the commentators were referring only to Crucible winners).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Xiao has looked very solid, Ryan Day has never got going though. If Selby is sluggish like he can be in early rounds of tournaments then an upset could be on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Female ref for McLeod. Will he shake her hand?(He caused some controversy by refusing to shake hands with a female ref before)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just now - 'Robertson was only the second overseas play to win the World Championship, after Cliff Thorburn'.

Best to just turn the volume down when watching their coverage.

McLeod really should have went for the pink.

McLeod really should have went for the pink.

Don't think the female ref would like that. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

McLeod sponsored by ISIS :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Death by breaks of 30:D

Hendry has no problem criticising players temperaments, refreshing for a pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

McLeod sponsored by ISIS

Does that acrually say isis on his shirt..was trying to figure it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4422296/Why-Rory-McLeod-wears-ISIS-waistcoat.html

It does indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah it does but not that Isis aparantly it's his sponsor Isis business solutions.
    Also I don't think he shook hands with the ref at the end but he did shake hands with Hazel as she trust her hand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

McLeod sponsored by ISIS :D

His interview on Eurosport was hilarious too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

The clan McLeod does it!

Neil Robertson giving short shrift to Saengkham. Marco Fu should prove stiffer competition for him in the next round but he's playing pretty accomplished stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Was just at the Bingham Wilson match over here. Bingham did well to grind out 3 frames to get back into it.

Going to Ronnie Murphy tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

mdwexford wrote: »
    Was just at the Bingham Wilson match over here. Bingham did well to grind out 3 frames to get back into it.

Bingham struggled with some of the pots in that match. Wasn't a particularly entertaining watch.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Going to Ronnie Murphy tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

Nice! Looking forward to that one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Mental frame here,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Mental frame here,

Important one for Murphy to bring it back to 5-2

Advertisement