Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

Watched the highlights of Ronnie v Gary Wilson there. Good match. Gary was loosing 5-1 and it looked over. He won the last three frames though including the last one where he needed a snooker.

Glad to be able to watch some snooker again. Saw none last year only the final. Highlights at least this year plus some on Sundays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

After today's showing, I am happy enough with the 15/2 I got on Trump. Neither Ronnie or Selby amazed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Best walk on music?

So far:
    David Grace with what's the story morning glory? By Oasis

And McGill's this charming man by the Smiths.

Lovely to watch Yan get a century there on his debut at the crucible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

3 centuries in 5 frames now. Back to back from Murphy.

Much more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Fu under pressure. Brecel playing well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ronnie firing a few rockets again I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

ebbsy wrote: »
    Ronnie firing a few rockets again I see.

The game needs him more than he needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The game needs him more than he needs it

Ah no, it doesn't really. They said the same for years about Tiger Woods, but you know, golf will somehow survive and maybe even prosper without him. Snooker wants to start gettin used to life without O'Sullivan anyway because, to my mind, he's just about approaching the end. Not that he's too old now, but he's too many distractions and now that fewer and fewer players are refusing to be intimidated by his aura, he's going to have to cope with more battles and more stinging defeats and I'm not so certain he can deal with that.

Seems to me all this current nonsense is suspiciously like Ronnie getting his excuses for defeat in early, which he's done in the past. I do hope I'm proven wrong about that, but won't surprise me to see Murphy, assuming he beats Yan, take him out next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

50%+ chance that this long-term Hearn/O'Sullivan enmity is something they concocted amongst themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

I'm very impressed with Yan for not giving up when he was 9:5 down. I'm enjoying this game. Hope it goes to a decider

Sick fluke from Murphy to win. The young lad deserved better than that after his fightback.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I hope Brecel wins this very attack minded player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Hoping Fu myself, has been in great form this season and hoping he'll keep it up. Favourite now after pulling it back to 8 - 8.

Do feel sorry for Luca. Just a little too loose and fast with his play. He may mature. Hard to see why he hadn't made the crucible in 5 years since his debut at 17.

Do feel sorry for Luca. Just a little too loose and fast with his play. He may mature. Hard to see why he hadn't made the crucible in 5 years since his debut at 17.

I think you pretty much answered your own question there. Has always been a good potter and attacking player, but lets himself down with decision making and inability to hide the white. Same as a lot of the young players coming up.

Think that will bring Brecel on a fair bit, despite the pain he will be feeling. Good match for Fu too, I have Robertson down as a potential champion, but that hard match will stand to Marco, assuming Robbo gets past Noppon in the first place, which I think is hugely likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

A very unexpected comeback from Rory McLeod against Judd Trump this afternoon from 4 nil down to 4:4 with 1 to go this afternoon

• Advertisement

Wow some turnaround.

5-4 McLeod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

2 Coventry jerseys beside Liang this evening. Usual Coventry man wasn't at the morning session, 1st time in a lone while I haven't seen him at the Crucible.

I'm surprised that it is McLeod's 3rd time only at the Crucible, if he pulls off the upset it would surely be one of the biggest ever in Snooker.

I think you pretty much answered your own question there. Has always been a good potter and attacking player, but lets himself down with decision making and inability to hide the white. Same as a lot of the young players coming up.

Think that will bring Brecel on a fair bit, despite the pain he will be feeling. Good match for Fu too, I have Robertson down as a potential champion, but that hard match will stand to Marco, assuming Robbo gets past Noppon in the first place, which I think is hugely likely.

Steve Davis really was flabbergasted with the inability of Brecel to see some simple safety shots last night, could it be down to a lack of good coaching?

2 Coventry jerseys beside Liang this evening. Usual Coventry man wasn't at the morning session, 1st time in a lone while I haven't seen him at the Crucible.

I'm surprised that it is McLeod's 3rd time only at the Crucible, if he pulls off the upset it would surely be one of the biggest ever in Snooker.
    I expected Trump to hammer mcLeod.

The coventry lad misses a session. Amazing. That chap lives in the crucible these two weeks. His Coventry shirts are pretty obscure 70s and 80s items an all.
    He had the wife with him over the weekend. Probably the only way she could get to see him. LoL.

I expected Trump to hammer mcLeod.

The coventry lad misses a session. Amazing. That chap lives in the crucible these two weeks. His Coventry shirts are pretty obscure 70s and 80s items an all.
    He had the wife with him over the weekend. Probably the only way she could get to see him. LoL.

He proposed to her at the crucible a few years ago, in a Coventry jersey naturally.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/theres-man-who-goes-every-5638153

He may have been on the LH side of the divide for the morning session as there was plenty of empty seats.

I thought those season tickets that Coventry man and all the other regulars had were supposed to be coming to an end. Thought it was last year but maybe it's this one, unless they managed to come to some sort of arrangement with World Snooker. I know Hearn was dying to see the back of them anyway.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Seems to be a very hard thing in snooker to change your natural instincts or even to adapt your game sufficiently to become a contender in the big tournaments. Trump is the clearest evidence of that, all that talent and he's still not there, and possibly not all that close if yesterday's session is taken at full face value.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Trump McLeod game has been glacially slow this morning and very very scrappy. Fascinating and hard work to watch at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

My God, have the snooker commentators on Eurosport always been this bad? Most of the time it sounds like 2 lads on Gogglebox chatting about the game. Are they even at the event live? At one point they weren't sure whether the black (the only remaining ball at the time) was pottable until the TV shot showed the full table. Makes you appreciate the BBC commentary a lot more. I'll forgive all the "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING" and terrible Taylor "jokes" any day over Eurosport's commentary offering. It's just a pity BBC's coverage is so limited, especially in the early rounds.

Advertisement