Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to join a cult

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

The Palmarians are a good beginner cult. They're a Catholic splinter group, so you won't have to step too far outside of the Irish Catholic comfort zone. Yet they're ever so slightly more insane, with far less members. So you'll get to experience the exclusiveness and paranoia that comes with your average cult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

The Jehovah's Witnesses are recruiting constantly around Dublin 15 and North Kildare. I pass by Coolmine train station in the morning and you see them around there regularly. I've often thought about going to one of their events to see how they work their pitch but never gotten round to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

There a Second Cult in Ireland it Called Fianna Fail Brown Shirts . Ask Willie O Dea for Application Form Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

The Palmarians are a good beginner cult. They're a Catholic splinter group, so you won't have to step too far outside of the Irish Catholic comfort zone. Yet they're ever so slightly more insane, with far less members. So you'll get to experience the exclusiveness and paranoia that comes with your average cult.

Am impressed that someone here knows of the Palmarians. They might be too expensive for the OP though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Berserker wrote: »
    The Jehovah's Witnesses are recruiting constantly around Dublin 15 and North Kildare. I pass by Coolmine train station in the morning and you see them around there regularly. I've often thought about going to one of their events to see how they work their pitch but never gotten round to it.

Had a chat to them before while waiting for a train. Actually quite pleasant and nice people. No interest on joining any groups, but was nice to hear their perspective on things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Are you familiar with Baileyism? For the month of April there's an introductory offer for new members of 50quid,to sweeten the deal you get a tenner back for recruiting another member. If you manage to recruit 20 new members you get to attend a banquet in the leaders pyramid. It's not a scheme like most cults

Try your local Tidy Towns Committee- You'll never have free-will again, ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Satanism ofc - these blokes are truly class, not kidding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Had a chat to them before while waiting for a train. Actually quite pleasant and nice people. No interest on joining any groups, but was nice to hear their perspective on things.

Ah yeah, they look like decent people. They are at that station an awful lot, so they must be getting some success there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

*Sardonic reference to group or organisation I don't approve of being a cult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I need something that will take away all autonomy and cut out family and old friends.
    Im too poor for scientology so if you know any free ones that take control of your entire life let me know.
    I dont mind at all if its a suicide cult either.

I'm just so sick of free will.

Join the Guards. Sounds like just what you're looking for. They'll even pay you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

I need something that will take away all autonomy and cut out family and old friends.
    Im too poor for scientology so if you know any free ones that take control of your entire life let me know.
    I dont mind at all if its a suicide cult either.

I'm just so sick of free will.

Try Sinn Fein

I Was going to Join the Cult Labour Party but Joan Burton put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Become a priest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Those Harry Chrissnass seem a great bunch of cults,
    always singing and dancing around, doing some sort of conga dance.
    They do a mean mix of free veggie food (music festivals) and great big tents.

Best of all, no worries with picking suitable attire, just lob an orange jump suit every day.
    Once even met a hot lady one, handing out 'free books' in the city-centre,
    when I say free, it was subject to a cash transfer/exchange of 10 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Become a vegan.

The Irish Cricket Team. seem to be a Cult

***** Freemasons I am One*****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Am impressed that someone here knows of the Palmarians. They might be too expensive for the OP though

That's a good point, Bananaleaf. I do believe that a significant percentage of all members' income must be 'donated' to the church. I suppose it must be difficult for Joseph Odermatt, sorry, I meant Pope Peter III to maintain his very own Spanish 'Vatican', especially when he doesn't have the numbers to rely on voluntary contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Have you heard about my trapezoid scheme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

And how much is this free weekend.....

How much will it cost.....

Na na na bat man na na na na bat man I mean leader....

When Enda is going to meet his master on the next state visit to North Korea Kim Chun -Go . Now There is Cult for You . Now Enda is the Cult in case your getting Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

***** Freemasons I am One*****

I thought they were all mad?

Oh, wait...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 psychomantis

ISIS are hiring

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Jodotman wrote: »
    Become a priest.
    Pffft, and have to work on Christmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

kbannon wrote: »
    Pffft, and have to work on Christmas day?

Not a satanic one though, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sounds like you need to commit a serious crime, and then let the free room and board start, complete with sky tv and 3 free meals a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Boards.ie - Now Ye're Cultin'

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Could always join a gang. They do have a diverse and unequal opportunity .....

• Advertisement

RTE1 are a Cult.

Advertisement