Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox - Johnson vs Reis - Sat Apr 15th 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DJ is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Total mismatch

C9f9kj_W0AAJx_U.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

DJ subbing him not surprising, he likes to beat people at their own game excellent performance absolute perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That finish.

Who needs star power or a personality when your talking is done in the cage. Fúcking unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Beautiful finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DJ is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DJ by submission! Absolutely glorious performance and he beat Reis at his own game.

One of, if not the best of all time. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

He's the best

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****ing shocked lads

McGregor hasn't a patch on DJ.
    Serious fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Makes you realise how good Brad Pickett was in his prime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Flawless victory

That Cruz rematch needs to happen.

I still maintain the margin of error is smaller in the heavier divisions where you zig when you shoulda zagged and your asleep so for that reason hes not the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Makes you realise how good Brad Pickett was in his prime

The DJ that Brad Pickett beat may as well be a different species to the DJ we know today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

lol @ Fox Post-Fight Desk:

Announcer to Dominick Cruz: "It's hard to argue that DJ is not the best fighter of all-time".

Cruz: "......"

Love DJ asking for the big money, he doesn't do enough outside of the octagon to earn it but he deserves it more than anyone for his talent. He'd do good numbers if he moved back up to 135, there's marketable fights there like Cruz and Garbrandt.

Reis never Koed anyone so it was highly unlikely he would win. He just hoped to get a sub somehow.

DJ needs to go up a weight division

One of the best to ever do it but please go up in weight and prove yourself at p4p best, I have Cody TJ and Cruz all beating him.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    I still maintain the margin of error is smaller in the heavier divisions where you zig when you shoulda zagged and your asleep so for that reason hes not the best ever.

This 100%. Like Stipe just for example can't make one mistake or its lights out, DJ has room for error, he can make a mistkae adjust and still win. Not taking anything away from DJ though, the guy is talented as fuark.

McGregor hasn't a patch on DJ.
    Serious fighting.

My sarcasm detector is off so If that was sarcasm I apologize in advance.

Conor fights elite competitors like Aldo, Alvarez who can KO most other people stiff. DJ fights journeymen like Tim Elliot and Henry Cejudo who couldn't knock themselves out with a hammer.

Let's see how DJ does against Cody or TJ before we anoint him the GOAT. For what it's worth I think both Cody and TJ would beat him.

Gamebred wrote: »
    I have Cody TJ and Cruz all beating him.

Yeah me too but I would be interested in those fights. Only stayed up tonight as it wasn't going to be a 6 o clock end.I suspect I am not the only one.

There is a reason tonight was not a PPV!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

My sarcasm detector is off so If that was sarcasm I apologize in advance.

Conor fights elite competitors like Aldo, Alvarez who can KO most other people stiff. DJ fights journeymen like Tim Elliot and Henry Cejudo who couldn't knock themselves out with a hammer.

Let's see how DJ does against Cody or TJ before we anoint him the GOAT. For what it's worth I think both Cody and TJ would beat him.

Dj skills piss all over mcgregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As good as MM is....and he is incredible....you wanna be considered the GOAT? The P4P best? you have to be able to move up and down in weights and still win. Mighty mouse hasnt proven he can do that. Cruz beat him the last time he tried.

People tend to get carried away. If he moves up to 135 and beats TJ, Cody and Cruz then he is the undisputed best. But he hasnt done that. And tbh I'm not sure he can.

I particularly like Conor's skill of touching people with his left hand and them falling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's easy to demonstrate skills when your opponents don't have any knock-out power. There is no risk. Most of the 125 ers couldn't knock you out if you gave them a crowbar.

You can tell the UFC have told the announcers to please promote him as much as possible

Scrap the flyweight division and put him in with Cruz,Dillashaw Cody etc

• Advertisement

I particularly like Conor's skill of touching people with his left hand and them falling down.

DJ does it all. Not only that but he outstrikes strikers outwrestles wrestlers and then just submitted a bjj player who has never been tapped.

So yes DJ's skills (mulitple) piss all over mcgregors skill.

My view on the multiple weight thing

Mcgregor, for example, can get down a weight to 145, fight at what is considered his natural weight at 155 whereas Dj i think is physically too small to go up a weight class.

Advertisement