Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox - Johnson vs Reis - Sat Apr 15th 2017

Options
  • 10-04-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis (also known as UFC on Fox 24) is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will be held on April 15, 2017 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri

1lNtZEY.png

Who will win 71 votes

Johnson by KO/TKO
    0% 0 votes
    Johnson by submission
    11% 8 votes
    Johnson by decision
    11% 8 votes
    Reis by KO/TKO
    14% 10 votes
    Reis by submission
    4% 3 votes
    Reis by decision
    1% 1 vote
    Namajunas by KO/TKO
    0% 0 votes
    Namajunas by submission
    1% 1 vote
    Namajunas by decision
    2% 2 votes
    Waterson by KO/TKO
    2% 2 votes
    Waterson by submission
    4% 3 votes
    Waterson by decision
    15% 11 votes
    Jacaré by KO/TKO
    2% 2 votes
    Jacaré by submission
    4% 3 votes
    Jacaré by decision
    18% 13 votes
    Whittaker by KO/TKO
    1% 1 vote
    Whittaker by submission
    4% 3 votes
    Whittaker by decision
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Fire kid Duquesnoy ufc debut should be good killing machine he is, Elliott v Smolka a teriffic fight should be some crazy scrambles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

One of the better non-PPV events of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

OP, why are you linking to the Wikipedia pages for the "Sprint Center" and "Kansas City, Missouri" in the opening post?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

OP, why are you linking to the Wikipedia pages for the "Sprint Center" and "Kansas City, Missouri" in the opening post?

Copied and paste from Wiki.

Very good card lots of potential to better than the last 3 PPVs.

Fire kid looks an amazing prospect, but would I be right in saying he's normally a featherweight?

Jacare looking to make another statement now that he's gonna be a free agent.

Hope Reis can make it competitive, always a chance he could get a sub if it goes to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

i held down the shift key when copying and when i made the post i had an onion tied to my belt which was the style at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is this on saturday night or sunday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Love duquesnoy but he's not the finished article yet imo, wouldn't be surprised to see him get an early loss in the UFC if he gets a tough matchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is a really really good event, im going to be away in newcastle hopefully I get to watch some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thug Rose v Karate Hottie should be a great scrap! Always a pleasure to watch Souza try to remove a limb as well. If there was ever a fight thread that didn't need a poll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

This one is an early start for us. Lovely.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Is this on saturday night or sunday night ?

START TIMES
    Early Prelims – 9pm on Fight Pass
    Prelims – 11pm on Fight Pass & BT Sport
    Main Card – 1am on BT Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Thread title says sunday, think its saturday though.

D.Q wrote: »
    Thread title says sunday, think its saturday though.

i Cant edit it to say GMT and add start times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'm all for the womens fights and having them high up the card but can't see how the namajunas fight should be ahead of jacare as co main.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Great looking card. Looks a lot better than UFC 210 that's for sure.

Can't wait for Firekid's debut. The man is an absolute stud and I'm glad he's on the Fox prelims.

Can't see Reis troubling Mighty Mouse too much. Should be a comfortable win for him.

Nelson and Volkov could be a really fun fight and I completely forgot it was on this card.

Wonder if we'll have Todd Phillips on commentary tonight. I liked the last event he did. Thought he did a really good job of asking the right questions for casual viewers last time out.

Nice-ish time for us this time too which is a nice little bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Just seen that Reis was Owen Roddy's last fight as a pro. A cage warriors bout in 2012, Reis won by RNC in the 3Rd round. I remember seeing the fight a while back but hadn't made the connection with Reis.

There's my bit of semi interesting trivia for the day.

Hard to enjoy this fight when the sound/picture syncing is completely off. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

this will be a bad night for coy, big step up
    zach by sub possibly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

i Cant edit it to say GMT and add start times :(

Just drop me a pm next time and I can edit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah Jesus. That ref should be shot. Shocking. Commentators called it way before ref stopped it. Hope he is ok.

• Advertisement

When the announcers are screaming "stop the fight", you know you have messed up. Ref should be relieved of his duties for the night. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

He even lifted up the arm to see if it would flop down, like old school WWF.

Although he only did it once and then stopped the fight here.

In WWF the arm needed to fall three times for the fight to be stopped. Often Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior would suddenly come to life as the arm fell for the third time, so could you argue that the ref stopped the fight a bit early here? :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can see jacare being subbed here. Just doesn't have the experience God love him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Just seen that Reis was Owen Roddy's last fight as a pro. A cage warriors bout in 2012, Reis won by RNC in the 3Rd round. I remember seeing the fight a while back but hadn't made the connection with Reis.

There's my bit of semi interesting trivia for the day.

Roddy was wearing the red trunks.

what a comeback

Loved that willingness to win from Anthony Smith. Vicious KO. Great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Two terrible stoppages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Great finish, trains under Mick Doyle has been over here a few times smith solid fighter.

wonder will the hype train get this one done, should be unbeaten

• Advertisement

That was an amazing first round. Loved those back and forth transitions. Just beautiful.

Advertisement