Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championships 2017 - Read Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Donegal don't have the manager to do anything.

I fear they will be comfortably beaten by any of the following should they have 2/3 weeks to prepare for the game - Monaghan, Tyrone, Dublin, Mayo, Kerry. And I think they have better players than 2 of them and are a close enough match to another.

Leinster - Dublin
    Ulster - Monagahan
    Munster - Kerry
    Connacht - Mayo.

Pointless saying anything at this stage but the only 'prediction' I would make is for Monaghan to win ulster and finally manage to win a quarter final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

There will be some tight games no doubt and one or two interesting ones, but its safe to say at this stage that either Dublin or Kerry will win the AI.

It is?? I wouldn't be so sure about that. Yes Kerry and Dublin are the obvious contenders, along with possibly Mayo again, but it's a bit early to be making such bold predictions. Sport has a habit (thankfully) of throwing up the odd surprise and maybe we'll get one or two of those. You never know.

What we can say with depressing near-certainty is that Dublin will steamroll their way through the yawn-fest called the Leinster Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Stop being pedantic. :( You know what I mean.

He is a brilliant hurler. Scored 2 - 3 or something off Tommy Walsh. Scored winning goal against Cats in 2013. No doubting that.

Just a pity that he is playing football instead in New York. You know yourself that he would never make the Dublin panel or any of the other leading counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Stop being pedantic. :( You know what I mean.

How is he being pedantic? He won an all star in a different sport and you were offering that as evidence that he would make it a top inter-county footballer??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It hardly takes a massive leap of imagination to say that a hugely talented, All Star winning hurler would stand a good chance of making it as an intercounty footballer, if that was his original chosen code.

• Advertisement

It hardly takes a massive leap of imagination to say that a hugely talented, All Star winning hurler would stand a good chance of making it as an intercounty footballer, if that was his original chosen code.

I'm sorry but yes it does, maybe you have a better imagination than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Don't need an imagination. I've often seen him play, for both club and county. Have you?

Don't need an imagination. I've often seen him play, for both club and county. Have you?

Never seen him playing football but am pretty sure his hurling all-star is of little use to him on a football field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Does anyone remember what channel the GAA games were typically on Sky last year? I know a lot of people have lost access to Sky 4 and 5 lately so that could be a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Jayop wrote: »
    Does anyone remember what channel the GAA games were typically on Sky last year? I know a lot of people have lost access to Sky 4 and 5 lately so that could be a big problem.

Bollox. Didn't think of that. They always have it on 5 I think.

• Advertisement

Think so myself too. That's a pure balls hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

If that's the case they'd move it up to SS3 surely

If that's the case they'd move it up to SS3 surely

I'm talking about people with dodgy dreamboxes losing sports 4 & 5. They wont be trying to accommodate us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm talking about people with dodgy dreamboxes losing sports 4 & 5. They wont be trying to accommodate us.

I see. GAAGo it is... oh wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

corny wrote: »
    Bollox. Didn't think of that. They always have it on 5 I think.

Yeah I've lost SKY Sports 5 recently!:mad: Thank God I can piggyback on SkyGo via sis's Sky package.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

What a disaster of a goal. Fermanagh were going well too but apart from frees they have nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Fermanagh's attacking play is way too slow and ponderous which is in stark contrast to Monagh who attack with pace and clearly know what they are trying to do, they always seem to have a player available for burst at the defence, when Fermanagh handpass the ball it leads to nothing when Monaghan do it they do it with purpose.

Great goal.

• Advertisement

Soft free that.

That's two clotheslines and no cards for either. Very dangerous tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Martin Carney should be put out to grass years ago, 'it must be said'

Class pick up there.

Martin Carney should be put out to grass years ago, 'it must be said'

BBC. Hard to beat tbh.

Great score but Fermanagh hard done by to be being.

McManus? Not sure the kick was intentional but what was he doing diving into him anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

If anything McCluskey pulled him back a bit, any connection after McManus was getting up looked completely accidental.

Decent game so far, Fermanagh putting up a good fight even though Monaghan ended the half on a high. No way they deserve to go in 2 pts up, they've been very sloppy so far and uncharacteristically open in defence - I couldn't believe the space there was for the Fermanagh goal. A few glimpses of class there for Monaghan(McCarthy's point was superb), but they'd want to get up to speed quick or there could be a shock on the cards. Fermanagh can be a tricky team if you don't put them away. First 10 minutes of the second half will be interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement