Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote: »
    Just so I know I'm not on some mad train of thought, Sigurdsson is the right person to replace for Zaha and not Son or King (I'm barely even considering this one to be fair but he is the other option), riiiiiiiight?

Sigurdsson the main man in a misfiring team with a lot to play for vs Son who is in a great team and on form but whose position in the team will depend on them sticking with the formation from the Watford game.

Yeah I think so.
    https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/850716991002484737
    That would suggest that Son is starting next week. We'll have to wait and see what Poch says in the press conference though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

elefant wrote: »
    I didn't see last night's game, but were Palace that good that a DGW with Liverpool and Spurs as fixtures is suddenly this attractive? I mean, in 16 gameweeks Benteke has only thrice scored over 2 points.
    + 1 on this. I definitely think buying DGW players can sometimed be counterproductive. Last one with Man City lost me points.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

+ 1 on this. I definitely think buying DGW players can sometimed be counterproductive. Last one with Man City lost me points.

Yeah but Crystal Palace are one of the form teams in the league at the moment and have great fixtures either side of the double. I think Zaha is a must-have right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You do know Sakho has no DGW yeah? HE can't play the second fixture against Liverpool
    facepalm.jpg~c200

And this is why I'm doing **** this year. Spending 5 minutes a week on the game and missing ridiculously simple things!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

AdMMM wrote: »
    facepalm.jpg~c200

And this is why I'm doing **** this year. Spending 5 minutes a week on the game and missing ridiculously simple things!

I nearly did the same thing and I spend far too much time on FF :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Middlesbrough's highest points scorers are Gibson (110) Valdés (102) and Negredo (102) not great choice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sanchez and Carroll to Kane and Zaha

OR

Carroll, Siggy and Alonso to Zaha, Kane and Holgate?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,922 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Middlesbrough's highest points scorers are Gibson (110) Valdés (102) and Negredo (102) not great choice really.
    Yeah I'd be surprised if I ended up touching Middlesbrough at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Gone for triple captain Lukaku , Erikson as my vice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Would you start King (tot) or Ward-Prowse (MCI) & Alonso (mun) or Rojo (CHE)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

mectavba wrote: »
    Would you start King (tot) or Ward-Prowse (MCI) & Alonso (mun) or Rojo (CHE)?
    King and Alonso

Apart from their game against Sunderland, 3 of their next four games are very difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Banking unless I fancy a flutter , and take out my sole survivor from GW1 Jonny Evans for a Palace defender (Schlupp more than likely in that case).

It'd be a sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Sanchez and Carroll to Kane and Zaha

OR

Carroll, Siggy and Alonso to Zaha, Kane and Holgate?

I'm looking at Sanchez and Origi to Zaha and Kane, so it's A for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Am i mad having Sanchez on my wildcard team?

martin101 wrote: »
    A bit yeah. I won't go as far as to use a valuable transfer to transfer him out, but I certainly wouldn't transfer him in either if I hadn't already committed to him for his 2 extra fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

martin101 wrote: »

You'd be mad to have him in a wildcard team right now as he will be at least 0.1 if not 0.2 cheaper by Saturday morning

Can't shake this feeling that it should be Son out for Zaha and not Sigurdsson. Kane back now will mean a big change of dynamic for both Son and Alli. 6 of Son's 11 goals came when Kane wasn't in the team. Sigurdsson will be part of a Swansea team that will be fighting tooth and nail for their safety.

Of course there is also Josh King but it is hard to make an argument for him going.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can't shake this feeling that it should be Son out for Zaha and not Sigurdsson. Kane back now will mean a big change of dynamic for both Son and Alli. 6 of Son's 11 goals came when Kane wasn't in the team. Sigurdsson will be part of a Swansea team that will be fighting tooth and nail for their safety.

Of course there is also Josh King but it is hard to make an argument for him going.
    I've king and siggy but I'm selling sterling as planned
    Will get sane in from 35 on

• Advertisement

CSF wrote:

Do you need to get Zaha or could you just bank the transfer?
    I'd much rather Son than Zaha this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Who would you guys ditch first? Pedro, Siggy or Lanzini?

spock. wrote: »
    Do you need to get Zaha or could you just bank the transfer?
    I'd much rather Son than Zaha this week.
    Zaha would be my first choice from Zaha, Son and Sigurdsson this week. He genuinely looked like Hazard or Sanchez at their best last night IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

iroced wrote: »
    Who would you guys ditch first? Pedro, Siggy or Lanzini?

Lanzini

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have done Walcott to Zaha.
    Looking at Carroll to Ibra. Thinking do I take a hit now for -4 or do it next week for the DGW. If I do next week I may end up taken a -4 anyway to get in another DGW player.

Carroll has Sunderland away and Ibra has Chelsea at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Plan is to do Aguero > Ibra, and Vardy > Kane. Already have Lukaku. Would ye do it this week for a -4, or wait and do it next week for free? Need the money from Aguero to bring in Kane aswell, so can't just do Vardy > Kane this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Plan is to do Aguero > Ibra, and Vardy > Kane. Already have Lukaku. Would ye do it this week for a -4, or wait and do it next week for free? Need the money from Aguero to bring in Kane aswell, so can't just do Vardy > Kane this week.

Exact same boat with the same decision here. I currently have the exact budget to do the move, so not sure how long I'll be able to wait. I was advised by a few people here against it a few days ago, but I can't see other routes to bringing in Kane. The only other viable one is losing Sanchez, which is definitely worth thinking about but with two DGWs I'm reluctant.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Lanzini

I second this

Pretty sure I'll be doing:

Barnes, Sanchez, Walker --> Kane, Zaha, Bailly for a -8

Will be captaining Kane this week.
    I'll leave Sanchez for three weeks and bring him back for 36.
    This also sets up an AOA for GW34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Mawson to Holgate or Bavies.

Will get Valdes in for Foster then next week and hopefully Chambers will be back.

Advertisement