Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 33 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Anyone know why Walkers not playing regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Icaras wrote: »
    Anyone know why Walkers not playing regularly?

According to the "player status changes" on the events page on fplstat he's had a knee problem since mid Dec and only returned to fitness at the start of March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Anybody looking at bringing in shaqiri

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Operation abandon Theo & Alexis double up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Palace in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm seriously considering selling Sanchez despite the 2 dgws.
    A lot of thinking to do this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Siggy to Zaha for a hit? I've never owned him in fpl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

spock. wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering selling Sanchez despite the 2 dgws.
    A lot of thinking to do this week.

Sanchez cost me my ML last season by not having him. I'm now a bit worried he will cost me my ML again..by having him. A lot of thinking to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Would it be silly to play my wildcard even though I have 2 transfers? David Luiz, walker, mcauley, Sanchez, snodgrass, costa and origi on the chopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Would it be silly to play my wildcard even though I have 2 transfers? David Luiz, walker, mcauley, Sanchez, snodgrass, costa and origi on the chopping list.

Hold off. You could do 3 of those transfers for a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

WC activated. Sanchez and Llorente have to go and I need lukaku back.
    Already on a -8 after a rage filled Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Adam1100 wrote: »

Not silly at all if you know the team you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

You will lose the extra transfer
    Take a small hit and keep the WC
    Maybe get in players with the DGW 34 that you can move on again with your WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

As much as I'd like to hold out a bit longer, I'm finding it hard not to use my wildcard this gw. I've an incredibly weak team at the moment.
    Foster, Brunt, P.Jones, Walker (rotation risk), Amat, Siggy, Redmond, Origi, Coquelin all need to go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Costa dropping tonight is annoying. Sigurdsson and Sanchez will plummet this gameweek too :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking of either
    Option A Pedro, Siggy, Origi to Zaha,JWP and Kane
    Option B Pedro, Siggy, Origi to Zaha, Eriksen and Benteke.
    Option C Pedro, Siggy to Zaha and Eriksen for no hit.
    Edit did option C for no hit in the end.

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking of either
    Option A Pedro, Siggy, Origi to Zaha,JWP and Kane
    Option B Pedro, Siggy, Origi to Zaha, Eriksen and Benteke.
    Option C Pedro, Siggy to Zaha and Eriksen for no hit.

Originally thought C looked best but having looked at upcoming fixtures I'd definitely go with B.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Preliminary planning

Siggy to zaha
    Sanchez to hazard

Leaves me with loadza dosh to pick up Zlatan next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Originally thought C looked best but having looked at upcoming fixtures I'd definitely go with B.

Yeah I did C, but I still have the option of Origi to Benteke and might hold and do it next week and avoid -4, although I might lose some value and will probably take a hit next week.

• Advertisement

Sanchez and Origi to Zaha and Kane for -4 is calling to me. Better log off and got to bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Just did Siggy to Zaha, might take a -4 next week then to prep for the dgw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Transfers made. Llorente, Siggy and Pedro out for Kane, Zaha and Ward Prowse for a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I did Barnes, Siggy and Valencia to Kane, Clayton and Holgate for a -4 last night. Thinking I might have jumped the gun a bit on getting Kane in too early but it's done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I really don't know what to do at the minute.

I've had an eye on Benteke for a good while as a possible differential for DGW34. But Zaha is close to essential so I'd want both.

I'm tempted to, but probably can't, go without Zlatan for 34 either. As it stands i was waiting an seeing on him and won't get him till after Chelsea. But his haul at the weekend makes him hard to ignore.

So that would mean going without either Kane or Lukaku.

I have Wildcard for 35/36 so can get whichever one of them back in for Tekkers if needed.

Option 1: Vardy & Lanzini to Benteke and Zaha this wk with FTs. Aguero to Zlatan for 34. Risk no Kane for BOU/cry.

Option 2: Vardy, Aguero, Lanzini to Benteke, Kane, Zaha this week for -4. Next week Siggy to Mhkitaryan perhaps and go without Zlatan for 34.

Option 3. Siggy & Vardy to Kane and Zaha. Benteke & Ibra in for Lukaku & Aguero next week. Costs me 0.4 to buy Lukaku back.

Option 4. Get over the whole Benteke thing and play it safe and templatey for 34 cause I'm at 30k and shouldn't do anything stupid. He's off pens apparently and assisting the assist tonight twice.

If punting Opt 1 probably the way to go and hope Kane does what he did last time we all rushed him in for an easy home game. Ibra and Tekkers for the DGW sounds nice.

Otherwise opt 4 innnit?

Long post apologies. :confused:

FHFC wrote: »

I've had an eye on Benteke for a good while as a possible differential for DGW34. But Zaha is close to essential so I'd want both.

I'm tempted to, but probably can't, go without Zlatan for 34 either. As it stands i was waiting an seeing on him and won't get him till after Chelsea. But his haul at the weekend makes him hard to ignore.

I have Wildcard for 35/36 so can get whichever one of them back in for Tekkers if needed.

Option 1: Vardy & Lanzini to Benteke and Zaha this wk with FTs. Aguero to Zlatan for 34. Risk no Kane for BOU/cry.

Option 2: Vardy, Aguero, Lanzini to Benteke, Kane, Zaha this week for -4. Next week Siggy to Mhkitaryan perhaps and go without Zlatan for 34.

Option 3. Siggy & Vardy to Kane and Zaha. Benteke & Ibra in for Lukaku & Aguero next week. Costs me 0.4 to buy Lukaku back.

Option 4. Get over the whole Benteke thing and play it safe and templatey for 34 cause I'm at 30k and shouldn't do anything stupid. He's off pens apparently and assisting the assist tonight twice.

If punting Opt 1 probably the way to go and hope Kane does what he did last time we all rushed him in for an easy home game. Ibra and Tekkers for the DGW sounds nice.

Otherwise opt 4 innnit?

I don't like Benteke as an FPL asset because I'm sure he doesn't do well on BAPS. I could be wrong but I've noticed him scoring a few 5's when he's got a goal. Throw in losing penalties and he's a no go for me.

Siggy and Vardy to Zaha and Kane looks far and away the best option from the choices you've outlined. Not so sure on the second part of that though as I think Lukaku is looking more and more like a keeper. As in a season keeper. Not a goalie.

• Advertisement

I don't like Benteke as an FPL asset because I'm sure he doesn't do well on BAPS. I could be wrong but I've noticed him scoring a few 5's when he's got a goal. Throw in losing penalties and he's a no go for me.

Siggy and Vardy to Zaha and Kane looks far and away the best option from the choices you've outlined. Not so sure on the second part of that though as I think Lukaku is looking more and more like a keeper. As in a season keeper. Not a goalie.

Ya if I get over Benteke Option 3 just becomes Aguero to Zlatan for 34.

I'd much rather sell Lanzini but can't afford him and Vardy to Kane & Zaha. Would probably upgrade him to a punt for 34 also. Could get Andros actually for old times sake!

I'd much rather sell Lanzini but can't afford him and Vardy to Kane & Zaha. Would probably upgrade him to a punt for 34 also. Could get Andros actually for old times sake!

I was gonna ask how Lanzini is still in your team but the pressure is off them now, he is playing better than most and they have 3 nice fixtures now. Also seen somebody talk about Andros tweaking something late in that game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I'd be thinking along the same lines as Klopparama on this one, Kane and Zaha are my main transfers this week

I'd be thinking along the same lines as Klopparama on this one, Kane and Zaha are my main transfers this week

Yeah they're the 'obvious' moves, but I'm looking at something a little differential. Stuck around the same rank for weeks.

But i guess playing it safe is the way to go and look to make progress from the WC & BB.

I'd prefer to get rid of Lanzini so i may go to-4 as i need to free up 0.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Took a minus 4 to do vardy and siggy to zaha and lukaku. Lukaku is looking essential with a good remaining fixtures.

I'm also tempted by one of Kane, Davies and benteke but I will probably leave it at the minus 4.

Next week I'll be looking at ibra and Gibson/benteke.

Undecided what to do for that 3rd spurs spot. Have alli and eriksen. Davies could be a solid option, while also freeing up a striker spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Eriksen and Llorente to Ward-Prowse and Kane.

Sad to let Eriksen go, but I have Walker and Alli, plus need to free up funds to get Kane. Walker's game time is a concern, but he wouldn't free up enough funds to get Kane in anyway. He gets one more week and hopefully he starts v Bournemouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mahrez - Albrighton
    Daniels - Yoshida
    Carroll - Zaha / Townsend

Any thoughts lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Otherwise opt 4 innnit?

For this week alone, id probably go for Kane over Benteke. For GW34 and 35 I think it would be hard to justify not having the Zaha/Benteke double up. Much will also depend on how Leicester stand after their first leg this week. If they're still in with a shout then the Palace game could be a rout.

CSF wrote: »
    For this week alone, id probably go for Kane over Benteke. For GW34 and 35 I think it would be hard to justify not having the Zaha/Benteke double up. Much will also depend on how Leicester stand after their first leg this week. If they're still in with a shout then the Palace game could be a rout.

It's the Leicester game in 33 that makes me want to try Benteke now tho. I think I'll probably play safe-ish and do Kane and Zaha in and forget Benteke.

It's the Leicester game in 33 that makes me want to try Benteke now tho. I think I'll probably play safe-ish and do Kane and Zaha in and forget Benteke.

I think I'll take 4 point hut this week and get benteke in for llorente
    Will mean benching king.......

CSF wrote: »

I was planning on banking this week, but that Palace performance tonight will probably spring me into action. The double up is looking mighty appealing. I won't be getting rid of any of my 3 Spurs this week, so it's almost peaceful not to have to worry about whether I should bring in Kane this week. There's not a hope in hell I'd have captained him even if I was so now Benteke may provide an alternative striker for me to get excited about.

Sorry in advance for long post (actually didn't turn out to be that long)!

Currently have:
    DDG, Pickford
    Alonso, Davies, Valencia, Holgate, Chambers
    Sanchez, Alli, Sane, Siggy, T.Carroll
    Lukaku, Aguero, Origi.

Main rival (who is 6 points behind) has Zaha so bringing him in is a must this week. However, I think Kane could do serious damage this GW so looking at a few options and would appreciate some opinions (note: assuming nothing untoward I'll do Aguero to Ibra in GW34)

Option 1: Siggy to Zaha for free
    Option 2: Sanchez and Origi to Zaha And Kane (c) for -4
    Option 3: Siggy and Origi to Zaha and Benteke for -4. Probably Lukaku (c)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I didn't see last night's game, but were Palace that good that a DGW with Liverpool and Spurs as fixtures is suddenly this attractive? I mean, in 16 gameweeks Benteke has only thrice scored over 2 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    I think I'll take 4 point hut this week and get benteke in for llorente
    Will mean benching king.......

I'm ok with benching King this week.
    Spurs are good at stopping the main goal threat from scoring, Lukaku in gw27 is the only time that happened all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Siggy to Wilf done, still have a ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

elefant wrote: »
    I didn't see last night's game, but were Palace that good that a DGW with Liverpool and Spurs as fixtures is suddenly this attractive? I mean, in 16 gameweeks Benteke has only thrice scored over 2 points.

Benteke had a couple of decent chances and should have had at least an assist but I'm not sure I'd bring him in myself, I can't see him suddenly going on a goal scoring spree.
    Zaha looked very lively and Townsend played well too, if the three of them keep up their form, they will create plenty of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah they're the 'obvious' moves, but I'm looking at something a little differential. Stuck around the same rank for weeks.

But i guess playing it safe is the way to go and look to make progress from the WC & BB.

I'd prefer to get rid of Lanzini so i may go to-4 as i need to free up 0.3m

I'd keep Lanzini for the Sunderland game at least. He's great value for his price as well.

siblers wrote: »
    Benteke had a couple of decent chances and should have had at least an assist but I'm not sure I'd bring him in myself, I can't see him suddenly going on a goal scoring spree.
    Zaha looked very lively and Townsend played well too, if the three of them keep up their form, they will create plenty of chances.

I have fond fond memories of a double game week captaincy 2 seasons ago :)
    I think he could score well this weekend
    Better than llorente will anyways

I would say yes. They were utterly dominant. Particularly with Leicester and Burnley at home providing fairly tasty bread for this double gameweek sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The only concern when playing Liverpool is your defenders getting slaughtered. I'd be happy having my attackers against Liverpool. Spurs a different story obviously but all they need do is nick a goal in that one to top the score up.

Just so I know I'm not on some mad train of thought, Sigurdsson is the right person to replace for Zaha and not Son or King (I'm barely even considering this one to be fair but he is the other option), riiiiiiiight?

Sigurdsson the main man in a misfiring team with a lot to play for vs Son who is in a great team and on form but whose position in the team will depend on them sticking with the formation from the Watford game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I did a boring Amat -> Sakho in anticipation of the DGW and being able to play bench boost to its full effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AdMMM wrote: »
    I did a boring Amat -> Sakho in anticipation of the DGW and being able to play bench boost to its full effect.
    You do know Sakho has no DGW yeah? HE can't play the second fixture against Liverpool

Sakho doesn't have a DGW. Can't play Liverpool

• Advertisement

Sakho can't play against Liverpool

Advertisement