Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fake of a person are you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Not really,i consider it dishonest,if i don't like you...You'll know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think everyone is fake but that doesn't mean its a bad thing,
    I'll be nice to people when im feeling down angry and not interested , is that a bad thing,
    I'll be way more composed and calculated in work than I would be at home with the missus,
    Id be more of alad when out with Friends and not the missus ,
    I don't see any of this bad just different ways to handle different situations,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭JoeyPeeps

Is this a female thing because I don't understand the concept of being ''fake''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭YourSuperior

Performing in the show of conventional social interaction by way of phony personalities which are social constructs instead of true character -- this mass hallucination keeps us functional for evolutionly purposes to keep us content and happy to reproduce for the benefit of future offspring.

It's about keeping the social function going and keeping the tribe together. Meaningless blather lets us delude ourselves and each other since most of us would prefer an ideal world instead of the one we currently inhabit thus we routinely tell white lies and use political correctness to avoid dealing with uncomfortable truths. Speaking off the script, phoning it in like a puppet without much thought means less autonomy and more cliche.

I am very far from fake and I've found it can be a lonely path at times. It's also held me back in ways. I saw others progress because they were able to say the right things and nod at the right times whereas I spoke from my heart and real experiences.

Dating was often tricky because I didn't follow any "rules" and had no problem communicating how I felt. It came off a bit intense perhaps. Like I have this feeling sometimes that there's a lot of me. In saying all of that I wouldn't be anyone but who I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Plenty fake people around nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In the personal realm, it helps to be honest, but in the business world ... not necessarily. To work as part of a team, you have to suppress your personal feelings somewhat. If you all have problems with someone, then it's pretty clear that that person is the problem. However, if just you have a problem with somebody, and no-one else does, you have to start wondering whether the problem is you. :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement