Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kuwaiti woman lets Somali maid fall from window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Chocolate drop, followed by black magic.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 16,367 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Stigura wrote: »
    Chocolate drop, followed by black magic.

Jim Davidson, is that you?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That's completely fuxked up.

Amazing she actually survived

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

No. It was my cousin, about forty five years ago, actually. He had a whole resume of Jesus ones too. Being a firm catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AMEAHH

That's incredibly upsetting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I've seen some pretty dodgy stuff on LiveLeak but that was right up there. Truly amazing that she survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Could you get any more callous?:mad:

I get the impression that servants are considered almost sub-human by some people, as if their lives aren't as important as their owners employers. Presuming the story is accurate the person filming should serve a lengthy custodial sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

JupiterKid wrote: »
    This article made my blood run cold.

I knew things were bad for domestic "servants" in the Middle East, but this is disgusting. A Kuwaiti woman did nothing to help her Somali maid who was desperately clinging on to a railing after falling out a window and instead filmed the event. Could you get any more callous?:mad:

Article here:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/kuwaiti-woman-films-maid-falling-7th-floor-window-article-1.3019858

Sooner the oil runs out and they are back scratching around in the desert, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Jesus christ that is the most messed up thing I've seen
    So glad the woman survived somehow but how could some1 just stand there filming. Clearly sees her as subhuman.
    Shocking and upsetting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I don't see any mention of police or arrest or anything of that nature in any of the news reports. We can only speculate as to what happened before - but is there any circumstance where you'd be holding your mobile thinking this will make good youtube copy as your maid dangles from a 7th floor window rather than stick out your hand and pull them in?

Are there any circumstances in which there wouldn't be a police investigation?...although technically (based just on the clip - not what might have happened beforehand), maybe she hasn't legally done anything wrong (even though morally, she's done as near to the worst you could possibly do by not trying to save her)).

They will get it all right back when they return to being nodamic camel riding desert dwellers once the oil runs out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Don't be at all surprised if the victim gets charged for criminal damage to the building and awning she landed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This treatment of poor migrants is common across the Middle East.

It has been estimated thousands of workers will die so Qatar can host the 2022 World Cup. Poor migrants are treated like dirt, as being somehow inferior.
    It is inhumane.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

There just animals in the part of the world. I feel bad now insulting animals :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

I get the impression that servants are considered almost sub-human by some people, as if their lives aren't as important as their owners employers.
    Indeed. Similar to the way people on boards view those on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GirlOutWest

I was initially reluctant to click on the link but curiosity got the better of me (wish I hadn't clicked now). That poor woman. The vile person who filmed it and thought it entertaining to post it should be named/shamed/jailed. Sadly, they probably won't be purely down to the country in which it was filmed.

Just imagine for one moment, had that happened in Ireland (or any European country), would be total uproar. Very sad.

Miracle she survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

She should claim compensation in an Irish court.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,188 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's their culture, an outsider can't comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hooleyo

I am no language expert. But the woman filming does not sound like she is speaking Arabic. Rather it sounds like a language one might expect from Ethiopia. If so then the person filming could be a co worker or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Filmer and her employer have both been arrested
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11832910

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hooleyo wrote: »
    I am no language expert. But the woman filming does not sound like she is speaking Arabic. Rather it sounds like a language one might expect from Ethiopia. If so then the person filming could be a co worker or something.

Not that it should have any bearing on the situation, but both women in the video are speaking Arabic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How did the maid end up in that position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

How did the maid end up in that position?

"The lady put me in the bathroom and was about to kill me in the bathroom without anybody finding out, she would have thrown my body out like rubbish, so instead of staying there I went to save myself and then I fell," she said from a hospital, according to Middle East Eye. "Praise be to God, I was protected. And so, what can be done?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

RobertKK wrote: »
    This treatment of poor migrants is common across the Middle East.

It has been estimated thousands of workers will die so Qatar can host the 2022 World Cup. Poor migrants are treated like dirt, as being somehow inferior.
    It is inhumane.

They're not workers, they're slaves. The Gulf Arab-Muslim slave trade has been flowing unabated since the days of Muhammad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Enjoy your trips to dubai folks, this is the kind of society you support when you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

511 wrote: »
    They're not workers, they're slaves. The Gulf Arab-Muslim slave trade has been flowing unabated since the days of Muhammad.

And underpinned by Islam an inherently racist belief system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Where was her other arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Its a good thing we treat our own citizens so well.
    It means I can get up on my high horse over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Your Face wrote: »
    Its a good thing we treat our own citizens so well.
    It means I can get up on my high horse over this.
    let me guess, Repeal the Magdalene Travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

fatknacker wrote: »
    Where was her other arm?

Possibly holding a mobile phone as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Humans, ah yes, a great species

Advertisement