Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do I Tell My Mother?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What's a sextuagenarian?

A person aged between 60 and 69.

Like the OP's ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What's a sextuagenarian?

It's like a professor.

PARlance wrote: »
    Here's the tl;dr

That tl;dr is still pretty long. Can someone give me a brief synopsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

That tl;dr is still pretty long. Can someone give me a brief synopsis?

OP's a roaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭sharkfox

Why not just put the vase and flowers outside when she left instead of sitting in the house for days with it? Maybe the lilies were a trap from your brother....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You should make a small cut on the palm of your hand and claim it happened when you lifted the case to dust underneath it, it just shattered in your hand causing the cut/injury. You can tell her you then threw the debris outside as you weren't in a position to clear it up properly given the serious injury to your hand. Then sue your mother for negligence and injury. At today's rates you'll get €30k easily. Insist that she pays your full costs too. That'll teach the aul bag for allowing flowers to be displayed in her own home in which I assume you are merely a lodger.

Oh yeah OP you sound like a real cünt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Sorry, I don't understand how to joke.

As Spandau Ballet would say, this much is true.

infogiver wrote: »
    As Spandau Ballet would say, this much is true.

I like 80s references - we should be friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's not right in the head.

Oh, so right.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So, there's actually a really easy way to resolve this.

Lilies stink. And you know why? Pollen. I'm not even allergic and I've felt the irritation that can be cause by lilies.

Look inside the flower of the lily and you see a few stalks with these dusty things on the end that look like elongated beans. They're called the stamen. That's the pollen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilium#/media/File:Lillium_Stamens.jpg

Take a piece of kitchen roll, grab one and pull it. It will pop right off in a single piece, with little or no effort. The kitchen roll is to stop the pollen staining, you'll never get that out of anything.

Take out all of the stamen, throw them in the bin.

Et Voila, you have Lilies that don't stink and burn your eyes, and no longer have to send your OAP mother into exile and smash vases against walls.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

Lilies stink. And you know why? Pollen. I'm not even allergic and I've felt the irritation that can be cause by lilies.

Look inside the flower of the lily and you see a few stalks with these dusty things on the end that look like elongated beans. They're called the stamen. That's the pollen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilium#/media/File:Lillium_Stamens.jpg

Take a piece of kitchen roll, grab one and pull it. It will pop right off in a single piece, with little or no effort. The kitchen roll is to stop the pollen staining, you'll never get that out of anything.

Et Voila, you have Lilies that don't stink and burn your eyes, and no longer have to send your OAP mother into exile and smash vases against walls.

Thank you so much - this really helps, really ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why the funk did you smash the vase? It could have been your mammys favourite vase. You really are a spanner, aren't you!?!

the_syco wrote: »
    Why the funk did you smash the vase? It could have been your mammys favourite vase. You really are a spanner, aren't you!?!

Have you never experienced the pure joy of smashing pottery?

Have you never experienced the pure joy of smashing pottery?
    To quote yourself...
    That's not right in the head

Bad news, I'm afraid. The scent does not come from the Stamen but from a oil in the petals.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

True that. The irritation though comes from the stamen. The thing that makes watery eyes and itchy noses.

To quote yourself...

Ah, you're no fun.

True that. The irritation though comes from the stamen. The thing that makes watery eyes and itchy noses.

And migraines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Whatever about the lillies, this whole thread stinks. Six pages of this shyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Has anyone suggested burning the house down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Post no. 13 of the thread. On the first page...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Page 1.

I believe it has been suggested, yes. Try being original next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

My neighbours like to sit out their back with a fag on and talk about things

They listen to Al Porter's radio show?

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    They listen to Al Porter's radio show?

I believe it was Nigel Farage's show.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I believe it has been suggested, yes. Try being original next time :)

Try Personal Issues. You've gone and destroyed someone's property and want to manipulate her into believing it never existed. We can't help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement