Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII - 20 Years On!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cloud, Tifa, Barret

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

No love for Yuffie and her high luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yuffie had a limit break called the End. It was really really rare as all the times I played it I only saw it once. It just killed everything and there was a camera panning over a hillside full of flowers.
    Or else I dreamt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

I usually had Cloud, Cid, and Yuffie in my party.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Taylor365 wrote: »
    No love for Yuffie and her high luck?

Never, ever bothered with Yuffie. Same with Cait Sith.

Could never get into them, and i didn't really want to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yuffie had a limit break called the End. It was really really rare as all the times I played it I only saw it once. It just killed everything and there was a camera panning over a hillside full of flowers.
    Or else I dreamt it.

No dream. It was brilliantly bonkers. Only move in the game that one shots anything even the final boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Or else I dreamt it.

It was actually Selphie from FF8 that had that Limit Break. Easy to get the two of them confused though.

For those of you on PC and thinking to replay the game check out a mod called New Threat(NT) I got as far as the Shinra tower before i stopped playing as i was sidetracked by some other new release but its well worth a look if you are looking for a real challenge. It rebalances the game in many ways, plus it adds a new leveling mechanic for each character so you can have them develop through certain archetypes (Like Mage, Fighter, Tank and so forth)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd also recommend the fan translation for the PC version. Makes the story a whole lot easier to follow and gets rid of the awful translation errors. The story is actually pretty simple once the English in the game actually makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Playing FF7 as a kid is one of my fondest gaming memories. I remember getting it at around 8 or 9 years old having never played an RPG before. Took me a while to get the hang of it and to understand how to correctly use materia but once I did I was absolutely hooked.

It was the first game I ever played that had that "epic" feeling. It was the first game that made me actually care about the characters. Sure after all these years it shows its age and flaws more glaringly than it did for a young me but theres few games that have managed to engross and capture me the way FF7 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The worst of the three numbered PS1 FF games, but still a pretty damn good JRPG.

The game went downhill after you left Midgar, and the story took a nosedive.

Lots of memorable characters and a great soundtrack

For those of us who had played US imports of the SNES FF games, it was a bit of a step back though. Smaller party and far less diverse characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The worst of the three numbered PS1 FF games, but still a pretty damn good JRPG.

The game went downhill after you left Midgar, and the story took a nosedive.

Lots of memorable characters and a great soundtrack

For those of us who had played US imports of the SNES FF games, it was a bit of a step back though. Smaller party and far less diverse characters.

I enjoyed 4 and 6, far more than 7.

Listening to the recent retronauts FF4 episode makes me want to play that game again. It's magnificent and so well paced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like S-E has taken development away from CyberConnect 2 and have moved it in house with Naoki Hamaguchi ( Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns ) taking over as development leader, sounds like development hell going on at the moment, not that it is surprising with Nomura involved.

Advertisement