Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Composite door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Ak84

Ordered palladio composite door last week.€2k for door and frame. 2 glass panels in door. Company make their own frame for door as they don't like frame that comes from palladio company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Was the name of the place TheBody got to install his door ever made public? I have one quote for a back door which I think is quite decent but I'd like to get a quote from his lot as a comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thevin

The Body, if you send me those details too THANKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Ak84 wrote: »
    Ordered palladio composite door last week.€2k for door and frame. 2 glass panels in door. Company make their own frame for door as they don't like frame that comes from palladio company.

Is that for a single door or does it have a side screen

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Ak84

massy086 wrote: »
    Is that for a single door or does it have a side screen

Just door with glass in top 2 quarter panels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

@TheBody pls can you send me on info on where you got doors? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

price we got was 2800
    Palladio door - Sunbeam 2
    Includes 2 glass side panels on a bay door style
    Glass is frosted with some decoration to it
    Color inside same as outside so costs 150 more to have this instead of white internal we're told

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    price we got was 2800
    Palladio door - Sunbeam 2
    Includes 2 glass side panels on a bay door style
    Glass is frosted with some decoration to it
    Color inside same as outside so costs 150 more to have this instead of white internal we're told

Hi Lex, can you pm the details of where you got that palladio door please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Has anyone ever used allirelanddoors.ie and can comment on their work? Prices seem good and they're not far from me, just wondering if the work done is up to snuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shaker77

I have been quoted €2450 for palladio door with 1 side Light and 10 point locking system by 2 companies in Dublin. Does anyone know of a more competitive company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Shaker77 wrote: »
    I have been quoted €2450 for palladio door with 1 side Light and 10 point locking system by 2 companies in Dublin. Does anyone know of a more competitive company?
    Hi send me A pm I have a contact for a company that should be able to beat that price

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

I’ve got to agree with some previous posters. Why can we not publicly share who did the work? I too want a new front door but I’d say that poor lad has had his head done in with pm requests. If you’ve had a good experience please share who did it so we can all easily benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

blastman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used allirelanddoors.ie and can comment on their work? Prices seem good and they're not far from me, just wondering if the work done is up to snuff.

I used them however in Dublin so would have a different fitter. No problem at all with ray he was spot on far cheaper than local alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

TheBody wrote: »
    That's mental! I got two doors for €2,900! See post 4 above. I'll send you a PM with the names of the guys who fitted mine.

Can you please pm me the company name also.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

we paid 2000 for a new composite front door last year
    got it from a company in tullamore very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm in the market for a new front door but don't really like any of Palladio doors current styles.But they seem to have the market all sewn up.

Does anyone know of any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hey any chance of a pm too,thks

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Looking for competitive offers in Dublin too.
    Originally got a quote of 2200 for composite door + side panels. (was told to be either Palladio or Apeer).
    When we provided the details of door style, hardware etc. and price went up to 2700+.

@TheBody, can you send on PM with supplier (if in Dublin)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just post the damn name. All this PMing cloak an dagger request stuff is just ridiculous. If somebody did a good job for you, what's the issue telling people whi are looking for similar work done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Looking for competitive offers in Dublin too.
    Originally got a quote of 2200 for composite door + side panels. (was told to be either Palladio or Apeer).
    When we provided the details of door style, hardware etc. and price went up to 2700+.

@TheBody, can you send on PM with supplier (if in Dublin)?

ours was similar...we have a bay door and the cost we were told is more for a bay side panels

also we requested the same colour inside as the outside as we didn't want a white door inside and that increased the price by 150eur

after all that they came and installed and the handle was on the wrong side

offered us 400eur discount to keep it but it was not for us

we have a 3week wait now for a replacement

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Just post the damn name. All this PMing cloak an dagger request stuff is just ridiculous. If somebody did a good job for you, what's the issue telling people whi are looking for similar work done ?

Amen to that.

I really don't understand why a positive experience contact can't just be written down either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Any recommendations? Just looking for door and frame, no side panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 babyj

Looking for help on the same issue. Being quoted between 2700 and 3500 for a front door and 2 glass side panels. Have rang around a lot. If any one has any recommendations, be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 babyj

Wheety wrote: »
    Any recommendations? Just looking for door and frame, no side panels.

Just ordered a door from elafin doors. Fab range and great prices. Was quoted 3200 for the same door from another company. Same door 2200 with elafin

babyj wrote: »
    Just ordered a door from elafin doors. Fab range and great prices. Was quoted 3200 for the same door from another company. Same door 2200 with elafin

Went with Door Depot. €1700 for a Rome Palladio door and frame fitted. No side panels.

Wheety wrote: »
    Went with Door Depot. €1700 for a Rome Palladio door and frame fitted. No side panels.

I like the Rome door myself just a bit worried it won't let enough light in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

I got the pallido door Edinburgh (diamond window) supplied and fitted for €1400 last month in north east. very happy with the door and fitting PM for details.

anewme wrote: »
    I like the Rome door myself just a bit worried it won't let enough light in.

Yeah we got it with the satinised glass. It's in a porch with 2 big windows so we don't have that worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fearghal1986

Hi TheBody any chance you can PM me the details of that composite door provider?? If theres any doors left after all these referrals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

We tried the company in Longford that the body told us about....we rang and emailed them, but the quote never materialised, the fella didn't even ring us back....we gave up and have gone elsewhere.....they might be so busy / no interest in travelling to dublin for work, which is fair enough....this was 2/3 weeks ago

Advertisement