Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Composite door

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

TheBody wrote: »
    Did everyone decide to buy a door today!! :)
    Composite doors, 50% off in LIDL apparently, only available on 1st of April so you may be out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Did everyone decide to buy a door today!! :)

Hi TheBody, could you PM me the details of who supplied your doors also? My timber one is warping and needs replacing. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

eimsRV wrote: »
    Hi TheBody, could you PM me the details of who supplied your doors also? My timber one is warping and needs replacing. Thank you!

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Just wondering about the quality and after sales service.Have you had any issues,as I've read that the frame is very important to prevent sagging.I would appreciate your comments on above
    Thanks for recommendation and your time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Could you pm me the details too please ?

• Advertisement

lob020 wrote: »
    Just wondering about the quality and after sales service.Have you had any issues,as I've read that the frame is very important to prevent sagging.I would appreciate your comments on above
    Thanks for recommendation and your time

Is this directed at me?

The door itself is the only thing that is composite. i.e. in my case, I have a glass side light on both sides and the frame is made of PVC. To the best of my knowledge, this is standard. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). This does cause a bit of vibration if you slam the door. If you just have the door, I imagine you won't have this problem.

I'm not sure what after care you would need. In my case after a few weeks when everything settled, the door was a bit difficult to lock. I called them up and they made some VERY minor adjustments to the lock which sorted the problem. Only took 2 minutes and was free.

On the topic of advice, the only mistake I made was requesting a letterbox. To be fair to the supplier, he did not recommend I get it due to the draught. If you have the option, I suggest you don't get one as the draught will get in.

Gees, folks, I'm beginning to feel like a rep for the crowd I used!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roundone

Hi could you PM me the details too please?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lanners

Do you mind sending the details to me as well? Thank you...

lanners wrote: »
    Do you mind sending the details to me as well? Thank you...

I’ll do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gcm

We need to change our door as well. Would you mind sending me the supplier as well please? Thank you.

• Advertisement

Gcm wrote: »
    We need to change our door as well. Would you mind sending me the supplier as well please? Thank you.

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭joeguevara

PM sent.

Same here please and thanks. You should be on commission.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Same here please and thanks. You should be on commission.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Could I get a PM too. I don't need a door, just don't want to be left out. Just kidding, looking to get a front door and surround. Will definitely shop around on this one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Rather than making a public post asking someone to PM you, why not just send them a PM?

It's like that Facebook habit people have of commenting a friend's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Could you send me the name please? Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hairy123

I'd really appreciate if you can PM me the name too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Just wondering,if everyone who wants new doors formed a group and ordered 10/20 new doors to be supplied and fitted surely we would get big discount,Any any ideas or opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

I'd like to join this club as well please.....could you send me a pm (Thebody) Thanks..

Jocelynel wrote: »
    I'd like to join this club as well please.....could you send me a pm (Thebody) Thanks..

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Could you also kindly let me know the name of your fitter and which areas of the country that he covers?

Thanks!

Ted Plain wrote: »
    Could you also kindly let me know the name of your fitter and which areas of the country that he covers?

Thanks!

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

Hi, could you pm me as well - in the market for new front door + backdoor & windows to GF extenstion. Many thanks

JohnGonne1 wrote: »
    Hi, could you pm me as well - in the market for new front door + backdoor & windows to GF extenstion. Many thanks

Done!

Just had a look at larkins website and the doors are excellent value and seriously tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

how.gareth wrote: »
    Just had a look at larkins website and the doors are excellent value and seriously tempting

There's no prices on there?

Do u mean Murphy's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Me too please

househero wrote: »
    There's no prices on there?

Do u mean Murphy's

Murphylarkin I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alisa2007

Hi TheBody, could you PM me the details of who supplied your doors also? thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Newcastlewest

Hi TheBody, could you please PM me the details of your supplier. thank you

Advertisement