Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I fit 4 michelin pilotsport 4 to my S90D when I had it and they were a very good all round tire in terms of road noise and grip

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Our Kona is actually requiring new tyres so I again went with Primacy 4+, €290 a corner fitted. Grip is very important for our EVs, never had wheel spins in my Teslas.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Model S Plaid in Spain with CCS port you say?

Tell me more…

...about those horrendous panel gaps/misalignments...

Plaid deliveries to Europe?

The Plaid still comes from Freemont so expect the same level of panel gaps on low production outputs, it's probably on the worst line along with the X, chances are if you have a 2014/2015 S that it was put together in a tent.

3 and Y production is different from Freemont and alignment much much better.

I would never touch a Freemont build car again, they've all effectively been rebuilt via repairs

My X PLaid is still preordered with no further update. I havent decided if I will take it or not. I'm waiting to see if this nonsense tesla vision based AP gets any better. I was only saying (after a 250km motorway drive) to herself that if it doesnt improve I would consider other options.

• Advertisement

I think TV is scuppered, total darkness and low lying blinding sun is a step too far IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Looking at Tesla model S online and don’t see prices or expected delivery dates (there for the 3 and Y). Anyone know what’s the scoop?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You can't order them in Ireland yet. It's the 3rd generation of the Model S after the initial model in 2012, the facelift in late 2016 and now the third generation since 2021, but they were only available in the USA for a long time. Deliveries started in LHD mainland European countries in the last few months, so I'd expect you will be able to order it here soon enough. Just keep an eye out on the Tesla Ireland website and I guess this thread too

Best of luck buying a Model S. It might have been around for a long time but it is still a superb car

Rumors of first deliveries of both X and S here in the next 6 months.

I have an X on preorder but with all the nonsense of tesla vision, no USS etc, I'm debating whether or not to keep the order. (Of course, I won't cancel it until I'm pushed to make a decision).We've decided pretty much on an Ora for second EV as herself loves it, so would be trading the 3 in against the X.

The S is a great car, I still miss mine and I'd have another (MSM and 85 pack or higher) in a heartbeat.

saw a gold looking one when in the smoke over xmas, cone nose, looked super

yes, I miss mine too, especially when passing SuC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d suggest you try tyreleader or oponeo and pay someone locally to fit. Tyres have gone up quite a bit in the last 2 years but it pays to shop around if you’re buying 4 premium brand tyres for large rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dasein

I thought Tesla Vision AP was only in the USA and we were still on radar etc.

Will my 2021 Model 3 LR be vision only then - it comes with EAP? 😣

We're all on vision only. Model 3 that came with radar now doesnt use radar.

It's crap. And yes, your 2021 M3 will be vision only.

oh my god

what a massive pain - why needlessly inhibit the car? 😣

at least wait until vision is as good as what went before before you turn it off, jesus buying a tesla is far from straightforward

Yup, I agree 100%, hence my current decision not to buy my X that's on reserve. Unless and until the tesla vision in my 22 TM3 is as good as my old AP1 was in my 2016 model S (let alone AP2 in my old X)

ok, so just to be clear - you had good AP2 in a Model X - so say if I bought that actual car now on Carzone - would it still be the good, functioning, AP2 or will they have handicapped that to Vision too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Is the Radar functionality still in new 23 models just disabled or has it been removed completely?

I'm not 100% sure for S and X cars. I know 3 and Y, regardless of what hardware, are all on Vision only.

Removed completely. Mine is a 222 reg and has it removed completely, except for parking sensors. These (also called USS) are now removed on 2023 models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Cheers, not ideal. Have an order for new Y, knew USS were gone which isn’t ideal wasn’t aware radar now gone too. As poster mentioned above Tesla don’t make it easy when considering to buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Looking for some advice please! I'm going to put my Model S up on DoneDeal/Carzone hopefully over the weekend or early next week. I've no idea where to pitch it at, pricewise though. I'm not looking for a stupid/dreamer price and then have it sit for months on end - a realistic price I suppose. The trouble is, I've no idea what is realistic in the current market.. It's a 2018 Midnight Silver (grey) and I bought it new from Tesla in Sandyford. Cream interior with the nice Tesla grey alloys (can't remember what they are called). Enhanced Auto Pilot (so basically summon and auto park) and perhaps somewhat unusually, it has the two kids seats in the boot - great for kids only up to about 8 or 9. I've kept it up to date so it has the CCS upgrade done, the new MCU etc. She's a 75S and has covered 123,583kms more or less flawlessly. Car is in excellent nick. What should I be looking for it ?

There's another 2018 Model S 75 on DoneDeal with less than half your mileage for €48,500 and it's not selling. Probably not what you wanted to hear though...

My own is a 2017 S 75 with full self driving and it's up for €44,900. Ad is up just over a week, haven't had a single call

My previous Tesla, a 2014 Performance 85, with 205k km, is up at a great price of €33,000. Not selling

Most of the other Model S are up at dreamer prices. And none of them are selling either, unsurprisingly 😂

Everyone's currently jumping on the price drop Model 3 and Y wagon, market is upset. I'd hold off till April when Tesla supply dries up.

Nice car, still miss mine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What improvements are in your current 2017 S 75 vs your old 2014 performance?

It's a lot slower, it's nowhere near as much fun to drive. It is not insane. The traction control can actually pretty much handle all that torque. It is not a beast.

Oh wait, you were asking about the benefits? 😁

The facelift cars are worlds better in terms of build quality. The interior has improved from drab old US style (not good) to actual premium, space age ultra modern, particularly in white (like my car). My car comes with Full Self Driving (FSD), which is available as beta software to all owners in North America. And it is simply awesome. FSD in any circumstances for real. In Europe, not so much so, we are held back not by the EU, but by the UNECE, which has forced Tesla to disable a lot of the functionality, for now. In the USA, to add FSD now costs $18k. Not kidding. And as soon as it has regulatory approval, it will likely no longer be for sale at all. With level 5 approval, your car could make you serious money for the 95% of the time you are not using it. The "robotaxi" concept. You say BS, this will never happen? We'll see.

The facelift cars no longer have any issues with battery or motor, they are very reliable. The "computer" MCU1 still has to be fixed when it goes wrong but this is free, even for cars out of warranty. Door handles still fail, but are fixed now with Tesla only charging for the part, not for labour. And the replacement part is vastly improved and should not fail again

Hope that helps! But I've likely forgotten lots of relevant stuff. Maybe some others can chip in.

Folk keep forgetting it's an aluminum body, great purchase for anyone near the sea.

The seats would have improved too, the original ones were very flat, 2017 ones more support. Facelift speaks for itself, nose cone gone, more sleek front introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In the context of cars FFS.

Maybe you have a gold Tesla yeah 👀

But yes, salt will attack gold and corrode the precious metal.

In the current climate, steel is expensive. Paid €80k for a steel frame for a 3 storey building that would have been half that a couple of years ago.

Advertisement